Oct 30, 2006
✟798,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you desire to pray in tongues?

Purposes include:
-"For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God." (Acts 10:46)
-"For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also." ( I Cor 14:14-15)

Upvote 0

Eve_marie

Mar 4, 2024
Lexington
✟329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you desire to pray in tongues?

Purposes include:
-"For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God." (Acts 10:46)
-"For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also." ( I Cor 14:14-15)
Yes I do!

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone ever have dreams about praying in tounges, but can’t actually pray in tounges in real life?? This has happened to me 3-4 times. What does this mean?
It's means that you will eventually have the gift operating. GOD shows us predictive things to sort of give us a heads up.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone ever have dreams about praying in tounges, but can’t actually pray in tounges in real life?? This has happened to me 3-4 times. What does this mean?

If you start have reoccurring dreams about studying Paul's Epistles, or about Leading People to Christ....then definitely pay attention to those, as they actually matter.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you start have reoccurring dreams about studying Paul's Epistles, or about Leading People to Christ....then definitely pay attention to those, as they actually matter.
Her dream from GOD about this is just as important. This is not an sub-forum where we downplay the importance of the gifts like other areas do.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Her dream from GOD about this is just as important.

She didnt say the dream came from God.
She said she had this same dream, and that she wanted to speak in Tongues.

@ARBITER01 , if you would actually read what someone writes, then you can possibly then post according to understanding it.

Give it a try.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
She didnt say the dream came from God.
She said she had this same dream, and that she wanted to speak in Tongues.

@ARBITER01 , if you would actually read what someone writes, then you can possibly then post according to understanding it.

Give it a try.

I understood perfectly what you were saying in this situation.

Her dream from GOD about her praying in tongues is what is important to her at this point, and is what matters. We don't try to say other things are actually important and not that, like you did in your post.

I understand perfectly what you attempted to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well how about this, stop downplaying the gifts on this forum as it goes against the rules.

So, its ok if you lied 2x about what the Op said?

Is that a forum rule you care to look up ?

Listen carefully, I didnt "downplay" anything.

I said that if she dreams about soul winning..... for example.... or if she dreams about studying the 13 epistles of Paul... then that is something to behold.
As if she does that, then when Paul teaches about the 9 spiritual Gifts, then she can learn about them, from Him.

And she'll have leaned something that you dont understand, yet... and that is, that Paul teaches in His Epistle to the Corinthians, that you are to want the BEST Gifts.. and that is not "the gift of Tongues" AS its the least Gift, and Paul teaches that the best gift or gifts are to be prayed about and desired... @ARBITER01

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So, its ok if you lied 2x about what the Op said?

Is that a forum rule you care to look up ?

Listen carefully, I didnt "downplay" anything.

I said that if she dreams about soul winning..... for example.... or if she dreams about studying the 13 epistles of Paul... then that is something to behold.
As if she does that, then when Paul teaches about the 9 spiritual Gifts, then she can learn about them, from Him.

And she'll have leaned something that you dont understand, yet... and that is, that Paul teaches in His Epistle to the Corinthians, that you are to want the BEST Gifts.. and that is not "the gift of Tongues" AS its the least Gift, and Paul teaches that the best gift or gifts are to be prayed about and desired... @ARBITER01

You're just a challenging little thing aren't you?

Since you brought up about the best/greater gifts, name me one and define it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lolol, you funny.

You are smug for someone who lied to me 2x on this Thread.

Also, Paul said to covet the "best Gift" or Gifts". and . that would be the 1st one or the first 3, of the 9, as they are listed in order of importance.

The gift of tongues, is #9, at the bottom.

And be sure you understand that a "prayer language" is not the "gift of Tongues".

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You are smug for someone who lied to me 2x on this Thread.

Also, Paul said to covet the "best Gift" or Gifts". and . that would be the 1st one or the first 3, of the 9, as they are listed in order of importance.

The gift of tongues, is #9, at the bottom.

And be sure you understand that a "prayer language" is not the "gift of Tongues".

You seem to have a problem with actually answering someone's questions.

I asked you to list me a best/greater gift and define it. That means you need to actually "name" one and then describe/define it for me.

And for your information, I'm an Assemblies of GOD Pentecostal, have been for over 30 years. The gift of tongues operates two ways, personally by a prayer language, and corporately by The Holy Spirit speaking in the assembly. It is the same gift in scripture.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Regarding the order of a list , don't think it indicates priority because
- Isa 11:2 - the fear of the Lord is listed last
"And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD" Isa 11:2
Yet we have to have the fear of the Lord in order to receive His wisdom and understanding, etc. as indicated in several Scriptures such as Psa 111:2 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: ..." Also, Pro 1:7, 9:10, 15:33.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Regarding the order of a list , don't think it indicates priority because
- Isa 11:2 - the fear of the Lord is listed last
"And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD" Isa 11:2
Yet we have to have the fear of the Lord in order to receive His wisdom and understanding, etc. as indicated in several Scriptures such as Psa 111:2 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: ..." Also, Pro 1:7, 9:10, 15:33.

There is a list I consider by category, from basic gifts to power gifts.

I don't foresee him coming back. Once someone is on to him about a topic, he tends to leave. We'll see.

Upvote 0