sparkle123

Site Supporter
May 1, 2015
✟64,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tomorrow is my dad's memorial service and the last time I see his body. He was tragically struck and killed by a motorist while walking his dog last Saturday morning.

He wasn't Orthodox but he was a good man who believed in God and was faithful to his family and friends. We are all so shocked this happened. In need of prayer for the changes ahead.

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, Sparkle....I’m so very sorry to read this. My heart aches for you. :crosseo::pensive::disappointed:
May Christ our True God envelop your sweet father in His divine glory, protect him as he passes into death, guide and guard his loving soul, and grant him peace and eternal rest. May his memory be eternal. Lord have mercy. May our Mother, the Theotokos, intercede for your father and bring you peace and comfort in this trying, painfully tough time.

Our love here at TAW goes out to you. Our prayers are Yours!

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For the Departed
O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

Memory eternal!
:crosseo:
:(

• Agree
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums