Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have an incredible friend, one who has been a part of my life for a remarkably short time (just a few months now), but she has had an immense impact on my life, and I in hers. She is incredible in so many ways, and she's planning on coming up to my place with another friend for the weekend, neither of whom I have seen since the lockdown started.

They were supposed to be coming in tonight, but she just let me know that she won't come until tomorrow morning. Part of this decision is because she needs money, and is working extra to earn some. The far more concerning reason, and the reason I came to this forum, is because she's been having chest pains for 3 days now. She lives with a nurse, so that should be really helpful, but human intervention can only do so much.

Here is a beautiful line from her e-mail that I want to be the basis of our prayers:

"I’m trying not to worry and just be right with God regardless."

I have had much faith deepened because of her, and her because of me (the mark of a true friendship). I am a little worried, because I've never had this happen with a friend of mine before, and all my relatives have only had gradual health problems. My friend is in excellent shape, 32, and I don't know what to do. I pray that, if this is the worst -case scenario, I would want to be with her through the trial. Much of what I have done for her is just being with her through her difficult life, and I beg God that if it comes down to it, I may do so again when it matters most.

We are still planning on going to a bonfire with a lot of other friends, and prayers would be good for that (why wouldn't God life a gathering of friends?). Just help me, and help my friend, to trust in whatever happens.

She is also unbaptized. I am not in the mood for a theological discussion about whether or not baptism is necessary, but I do see baptism as a gift, and I want her to receive it before death. If God hears only one prayer from this post, than let it be this.

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry these plans didn't work out..........Lord we pray for your mercy to be upon her and please heal her of these chest pains. For your guiding hand on doctors to figure out what the cause is. For your blessing and guidance in this friendship. Help Unofficial Reverand Alex as he deals with all this and for your grace and peace, and direction to see him through. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have an incredible friend, one who has been a part of my life for a remarkably short time (just a few months now), but she has had an immense impact on my life, and I in hers. She is incredible in so many ways, and she's planning on coming up to my place with another friend for the weekend, neither of whom I have seen since the lockdown started.

They were supposed to be coming in tonight, but she just let me know that she won't come until tomorrow morning. Part of this decision is because she needs money, and is working extra to earn some. The far more concerning reason, and the reason I came to this forum, is because she's been having chest pains for 3 days now. She lives with a nurse, so that should be really helpful, but human intervention can only do so much.

Here is a beautiful line from her e-mail that I want to be the basis of our prayers:

"I’m trying not to worry and just be right with God regardless."

I have had much faith deepened because of her, and her because of me (the mark of a true friendship). I am a little worried, because I've never had this happen with a friend of mine before, and all my relatives have only had gradual health problems. My friend is in excellent shape, 32, and I don't know what to do. I pray that, if this is the worst -case scenario, I would want to be with her through the trial. Much of what I have done for her is just being with her through her difficult life, and I beg God that if it comes down to it, I may do so again when it matters most.

We are still planning on going to a bonfire with a lot of other friends, and prayers would be good for that (why wouldn't God life a gathering of friends?). Just help me, and help my friend, to trust in whatever happens.

She is also unbaptized. I am not in the mood for a theological discussion about whether or not baptism is necessary, but I do see baptism as a gift, and I want her to receive it before death. If God hears only one prayer from this post, than let it be this.
I pray for healing for your friend. May the Lord bless you both and your friendship in Jesus name

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father I pray for Your healing mercy over this person's dear friend. I ask that these pains are not of a serious nature but if it requires her to see a doctor to reassure her and have him or her look into her chest pains further, then so be it. I ask that this weekend be one of sharing, caring, a nice, helpful and relaxing one between friends.
Thank You Father for blessing this friendship, for being a healer of our mental and physical bodies (including our hearts) and of our souls, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you all for your prayers. The last contact we had with her was several hours ago, as she said she was about to leave her storage unit. She hasn't answered any phone calls. We're concerned & need more prayers.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you all for your prayers. The last contact we had with her was several hours ago, as she said she was about to leave her storage unit. She hasn't answered any phone calls. We're concerned & need more prayers.
She's okay now. We had a great time at the bonfire, and she's sleeping well now. Still no answer about her chest pains, though they weren't an issue for her since she finally made it up to my area. I'm still a little concerned, but throughout this whole time I've been blessed with the confidence of knowing she's in God's care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums