Mar 27, 2006
MS
✟23,343.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, I used to be involved with internet ministry for a long time and God has began opening up greater doors for mein other areas. I want to give a bit o info about myself before I post my request.

My name is Kenley Byrd. I am 29, married for 10 years with a 9 yr old son Logan and a daughter Marissa Anne who went on to glory at the age of two about 4 years ago. I am active in our church as an evangelist, member of church band, and royal ranger commander.

My prayer request is for me and my wife, Amy Carol. To make a long story short she got away from God about a year after Marissa went home. My family, natural and church,and friends from all over have been praying for her. We are beginning to see the prayers answered. Last night I came home after preaching a message that I can honestly say I have never preached so hard as last night. Anyway I came home and it seemed as though all of hell was against me for no reason. I called up my dad just to ask him to continue to pray for her/us and before I got it out of my mouth I heard him say "She's under conviction"
It was something I knew as well but I still desire your prayers.

It hurts to see someone who was on fire for God so strongly wither and melt away, however I am standing on God's promises that he made to Israel in Ezekiel to the dry bones that they shall live again when God places His Spirit in them.

thanks for all of your time God Bless

kenley

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
blackbyrd said:
My prayer request is for me and my wife, Amy Carol. To make a long story short she got away from God about a year after Marissa went home. My family, natural and church,and friends from all over have been praying for her. We are beginning to see the prayers answered. Last night I came home after preaching a message that I can honestly say I have never preached so hard as last night. Anyway I came home and it seemed as though all of hell was against me for no reason. I called up my dad just to ask him to continue to pray for her/us and before I got it out of my mouth I heard him say "She's under conviction"
It was something I knew as well but I still desire your prayers.

Kenley, I'm very sorry for your loss.

"Lord Jesus, You are the Divine Healer, You are our Healer, The Mender of our souls, The Mender of the brokenhearted. You alone know how to fix us when we are broken.

Dear Jesus, we lift up our sister, Amy Carol, to you. Her heart is broken, O God. She misses her dear child, O God, and has lost her way in her brokenness.

Dear Jesus, do not let the enemy use her brokenness to continue to keep her away from You. Do not let him build a stronghold of anger and bitterness and resentment towards You in her heart.

But rather, Dear Jesus, heal her pain, deliver her from her pain, O God, and return her to Yourself once again.

Lord Jesus, heal this family. Give Kenley all that he needs to continue being a loving and supportive husband to Amy Carol, so that somehow thru him she will see Your Love more clearly.

Lord Jesus, give Kenley strength and patience and faith, and a firm peace in knowing that You have not given up on his family, that You are very much with them at this time, and that You love them and care about what happens to them.

May Your Will be done in this dear family, O God, and may you make them whole in You, once again.

We praise you, Jesus, and thank you, Jesus, that You are Our Divine Healer. Amen."

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is understandable for someone who has lost a child to have doubts about God. I cannot blame her for feeling the way she has felt. But I believe God is patient for her and has allowed her to have time to grieve and go through this long process. You both have had a hard time with this and I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

I cannot imagine the pain one must go through. No one knows unless they have gone through it themselves. But i hope that she will feel the love of God in her life and open up to Him again. I ppray that her heart will heal of the pain and sorrow she has borne these past 4 years and that she will be willing to serve the Lord once more. I truly believe that this child is in the loving arms of the Lord. This child is His anyway, though that doesn't make it any easier to handle the loss. But i pray that God will show her that her child is with the Lord, somehow, and that she may be comfoirted in the fact that one day she will be reunited, you both will be reunited with her.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
blackbyrd said:
.....however I am standing on God's promises that he made to Israel in Ezekiel to the dry bones that they shall live again when God places His Spirit in them.

thanks for all of your time God Bless

kenley

Dearest Kenley - it wasn't just Ezekiel - it was all the prophets. Praying for your wife and for your situation! :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.