Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, if you wouldn't mind say a quick prayer for me. I am right on the brink of getting thrown out of my church, Life Center. They have a downstairs area with tables and chairs with TVs set up for people to watch the service. I went down there last week and the leadership at the church became so upset they said they were going to file a complaint for trespassing and I was not allowed to be there, I am not sure what exactly that is. I was back at Life Center this morning and the security team confronted me when I came in the door and said that if I ever left the sanctuary for any reason whatsoever they were going to ask me to leave. Then at the end of the service I was sitting there in the sanctuary with many other people and security confronted me again and wanted to know why I had not left, I told them I needed to talk to the pastor. I felt that security was watching me the whole time I was there. It may be that I am not welcome there anymore, while all this was happening I started having thoughts that I needed to start going somewhere else, it is possible it was God's leading. I love Life Center and I know alot of good people there and I would be very upset if I was not welcome. I know God can smooth this over and fix things, It is possible that in time this will blow over and maybe they will allow me to come if I don't attract too much attention. Please say a quick prayer that God fixes things and that they will not throw me out of the church! Thank you!

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also there were several times during worship at Life Center when I went over to a random person and started praying for them, one of the pastors came over and told me not to do that any more, they were upset about that too. Since then I did do it again a few times, I think they are upset about that too, I will not do it ever again.

Upvote 0

emily93

Oct 9, 2020
manchester
✟18,637.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
definitely praying for this. I hope you are able to stay at your current church

also, I know how it is not to feel welcome.

I recently got kicked out of a christian group because I had certain health problems- I mean okay. what ever.

• Prayers
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also there were several times during worship at Life Center when I went over to a random person and started praying for them, one of the pastors came over and told me not to do that any more, they were upset about that too. Since then I did do it again a few times, I think they are upset about that too, I will not do it ever again.
Praying :prayer:

PS It seems on the surface like a very strange situation. Have you talked about this on another thread somewhere? I wouldn't expect you to talk about it here. You're also always welcome to PM me :heart:

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lord watch over Dave and help him to find a church that will accept him and that will be opened to him and opening their doors as well as help the church that he has been having trouble with soften their hearts as only you can in thy name and will amen.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would grant you wisdom in handling this situation. I pray that God would soften the hearts of the people at your church who seem to object to your presence there. I also pray that if you need to find another church, God would point you to where He wants you to go.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, if you wouldn't mind say a quick prayer for me. I am right on the brink of getting thrown out of my church, Life Center. They have a downstairs area with tables and chairs with TVs set up for people to watch the service. I went down there last week and the leadership at the church became so upset they said they were going to file a complaint for trespassing and I was not allowed to be there, I am not sure what exactly that is. I was back at Life Center this morning and the security team confronted me when I came in the door and said that if I ever left the sanctuary for any reason whatsoever they were going to ask me to leave. Then at the end of the service I was sitting there in the sanctuary with many other people and security confronted me again and wanted to know why I had not left, I told them I needed to talk to the pastor. I felt that security was watching me the whole time I was there. It may be that I am not welcome there anymore, while all this was happening I started having thoughts that I needed to start going somewhere else, it is possible it was God's leading. I love Life Center and I know alot of good people there and I would be very upset if I was not welcome. I know God can smooth this over and fix things, It is possible that in time this will blow over and maybe they will allow me to come if I don't attract too much attention. Please say a quick prayer that God fixes things and that they will not throw me out of the church! Thank you!
You are dealing with religious abuse. There should not be security in church confronting you like that! If people you say you are close to in your church are not upset about how you are being treated, they are not people to pray with.

Your church is practicing abuse, control, cliques, hate, and other evil practices. Yes, Gods is calling you out. Pay attention.

I’m sure you have noticed how your church has operated throughout the time you have been a member, and maybe you just ignored the warning signs. Nonetheless, think about it. Does God want us to worship in a place that does not show love. Who are these ministers (false ministers - wolves in sheep clothing)?

If what you shared is true, this is sick behavior and in violation to the gospel.

Who are your so called friends there? Are they upset how you are treated, or have they joined in the negative discussion about you? Have they confronted the church for you? If not, they do not care about your salvation.

This is the very reason those under Jim Jones died: Control, abuse, cliques.

This will not blow over. God opposes this. He warns us and tells us to leave these kinds of churches. So why would you want to be in a church like this, that is seeking to tear down your spirit. Do you want to seek God, or man?

God moves his children from under evil preachers.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did the person ask you for prayer? Do you know this random person? If not, why are you doing that?

It’s nothing wrong with praying for people if they ask for prayer. But, to just do this at a whim can be uncomfortable for some people.

Are you causing your own problems?

I pray for God to lead you and find a place you feel comfortable to worship at!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Excuse me???? WHY would you want to be part of an abusive group of people like that????

LEAVE!!!

NOW!!!

Shake the dust off your feet and don't look back!!!

(I say this as someone who, when I was young and didn't know better, was abused by a "Christian Bible Study" group for four years).

GET THE HECK OUT!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

joeLightening

Mar 6, 2023
Pueblo
✟9,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are they treating you like this? Surely you must know what is behind it.

Upvote 0