Searching for Something
Aug 10, 2003
Minnesota
✟7,947.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
:cry: Okay...on the 7th my uncle killed himself, and my family and myself are having a really hard time dealing with the whole situation. My grandma and grandpa don't understand why he did it...and they keep blaming themselves. He was my uncle Kent...and he was about 45 yrs old. And I need some prayer for myself too...theres so much stress and confusion with my world...with guys and then Kent and his death that I have been slitting my wrists alot...and...I am having a really hard time stopping...so please...pray...

Spidey76

CF's Webslinger
Sep 26, 2003
Northeast Ohio
✟17,396.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have said a prayer for you.

Steer clear of hurting yourself - this will not help matters.

My cousin just recently died in his sleep, he was 37 years old. It was natural opposed to suicide, but it is still tragic. My aunt (his mom) found him in the morning with no one else around. She tried CPR until EMS arrived and when she could finally realize what was going on she completely lost it. This was a terrible blow to the family to lose such a young person (only 11 years older than me!). I firmly beleive that all things happen for a reason. God has his plan all laid out before we are even born. He knew my cousin was going to die and he knew how we would respond. We, however, didn't know. We have to trust in God that he will lead us through bad times. If you have accepted Christ as your Savior and truly beleive that he died for us and God raised him from the grave than you will have life eternal with him and should trust that he has good plans for you.

In my case I was in complete shock, but I immediatly prayed for the situation. I prayed for his soul, my aunt, and the family. Though I don't understand why this would happen, I trust God's judgement. My cousin died to serve a purpose in God's grand scheme, even though I don't see it yet. Maybe I never will.

I beleive that hurting yourself will only make matters worse. Give your life to God and let the Holy Spirit guide your descisions. Pray before you make any serious descisions. Talk to someone you can trust to help you through this.
I'm not a very good speaker, and sometimes I'm not a good listener, but I hope this helps you a little. I will say another prayer for you as this updates.

Life is not a party, it's the preperation for the party.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Very wise words, copleyoh. Goldie, I know you are hurting now. Losing someone you care about is so hard to understand sometimes and even harder to accept. But hurting yourself isn't a solution. It will only cause you and your family more pain should slitting your wrists eventually lead to your suicide. I would ask that you talk to a someone who can help you deal with your feelings immediately. Do you have a pastor that you could talk to or a counselor or a doctor? Grief is a natural response to losing someone you love. And talk to God in prayer. He will comfort you and bring you peace.

You may never understand why your uncle committed suicide. Someone once told me that with suicide we try to rationalize and irrational act. Just this past week, I have been thinking about a young man that I grew up with who killed himself close to 15 years ago. To this day, we still don't understand why and we probably never will. Please, find someone to talk to and very soon.

:hug:'s and :prayer:'s

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.