Not open for further replies.

sparrow

God loves the sparrows
Mar 29, 2002
Oxfordshire, England
✟16,829.00
Faith
Christian
I have some prayer requests for two of my friends!!

One is called Kerri. She isn't a Christian (yet) but she used to go to church. She came with me to my church last week but she can't come regularly because she works on sundays :( But I gave her my old youth Bible because I didn't use it anymore, and we have talked about what we believe a bit. Well she's coming round tonight to talk about what she believes, and I really need prayer that God will give me the right words to say! She believes in God and Jesus, but she hasn't yet made the step. I've never brought anyone to Christ and would love to, so I'm really praying that I can answer her questions tonight. Please can you pray that God will give me the words to say to her, and pray that God will soften and shape her heart so that she gets closer to him. Please, please pray for me and her!!

My second request is for my friend Becca. She knows exactly what I believe and we had a really good chat about it today in which I hope God planted a seed through me :) Just pray that that seed will start to grow in her, and that she won't forget what I told her.

Thanks for the prayers :) :pray:

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hey there buddy what do you mean "hasn't made the step"? I'm just curious. Forgive me if this sounds controversal. I've seen many churches and they have a great revival, and people come up to the the minister to "get saved" and some folks will pray for them and then wam bam they accept Jesus into their hearts and now they are "saved", then you go to church next week and the minister will be like "and last weeks revival was a great success, we saved over 200 people." Such dramatics aren't much help I believe. Being a christian is something that comes with thought and deed, and one day just asking Jesus into your heart emotionally, well God will hear that prayer, but it's up to the person to keep up their relationship with him.

Your first friend, she believe's in God and Jesus? So what exactly do you want from her? Some big dramatic fan fare? What step? Heaven and christianity is not a drug, you can't just give it to someone like a perscription. It may be that in God's eyes she is already "saved". Anyhow, I really don't know the situation, but I will pray that you find God's words, and that you can help her friend along her journey with Christ. If you want her to truely be a good christian, then it will take more than a single step but you can be there with her.

Just remember there is no ritual, no one action, that will just make someone into some "saved" individual. It is in continuous deed, and faith, and prayer. If yer friend believes in Jesus and God already, then you should just help her build that relationship and don't worry about one big step or affirmation. She may never need to set foot in church, or say a prayer out loud and she may still have a warm place in God's heart. Anyhow I hope you can grow in fellowship. I pray that you will be able to help eachother to follow God's will and take joy in eachother's company as christians as well as friends.

And for your other friend. Sounds like people listen to you, you probably do have a very elequent way with words. So very good, remember the best way to win someone over to your way of thinking is by example so be the happiest, most loveing christian you can be and your words will make that much more sense to her. I'll pray about her also :)

Upvote 0

sparrow

God loves the sparrows
Mar 29, 2002
Oxfordshire, England
✟16,829.00
Faith
Christian
Just an update :)

Kerri came over last night and it was amazing!! We talked a lot about what we believed and she was saying how she wants to stop swearing and drinking etc and really become a Christian. Isn't that great? I prayed with her about it because she's still not quite sure about which road to take and which church to go to, and she wants to make that step before she prays and asks Jesus into her heart.

Remny - I got a bit confused over your post :scratch:. Surely there is a point when someone becomes saved, and thats when they pray to Jesus and ask him to forgive their sins and then ask him into their heart. Is that not it? Kerri believes in God and Jesus, but she doesn't think she's saved yet because she hasn't quite made the step i.e. praying to Jesus for forgiveness. After that, she is saved, and from then on she will just be improving her relationship with God - building and learning.
I mean obviously I can't tell if she's saved or not because only God knows that, but I know for me I wasn't saved, then I prayed the prayer and then I was saved. I think that the "saving" process only takes a minute, but the long process you're talking about is building up the relationship with Christ, which does take a long time (until you die really).
I'm not sure if I'm making sense here, but that's the way I see it! :confused: But thank you for the advice Remny because some of it was really relevent to the situation. I do intend to stand by Kerri as she makes these choices, and I'll be there for her continually as she starts learning more about Jesus etc. :)

Anyway please continue to pray for Kerri as she makes these important choices and decisions in her impending walk with God. Just imagine how much the angels must be celebrating in Heaven right now as Kerri comes closer and closer to God!

Thanks for the prayers already :)

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for your friends, clairywairy, and for you as you are led to talk with them.

I do agree with you that it takes a bit more than just knowing who God and Jesus are to be a Christian. The Bible tells us that even the demons knew that Jesus was the Son of God. There needs to be a confession of sins before God and asking Him for forgiveness and asking Jesus into your heart. Some call this the "Sinner's Prayer". By reading your post, I feel that is were you are leading your friends, into confessing their sins and asking Jesus into their heart. Than the life long relationship starts where you get to know God and Jesus more through Bible study, meditation on the Word, and prayer. And also God equips you with the Holy Spirit to help lead you.

I think it is wonderful that you care for your friends so much, clairywairy! At at Bible study I was in, we were asked the question "Do you love your friends and family enough to tell them that Jesus loves them?" I think you could answer a big YES to that question! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.