Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. One of my mom's best friends from high school, Sandy, died on Friday from a very rare brain disease called Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which affects 1 out of 1 million people. From what I have heard, they think it may have been caused from an accident Sandy had as a teenager, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Sandy was only 47. We happened to run into her over the summer, just a few weeks before all of this started. I'd never met Sandy before then, but she seemed very nice.

Please pray for my mom and all of Sandy's friends and family in this difficult time.

Upvote 0

LutheranChris

Nov 8, 2012
Mustang, Ok
Visit site
✟15,136.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Need prayers for my family and some friends of ours. A friend inexplicably committed suicide on Thanksgiving night. I can't get my head wrapped around it. Guess its not something I'll ever truly understand. He left three young sons and a wife. Terribly tragic.

God Bless[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For my work situation...they won't let me work from home 3x a week when I'm off leave. Pray they'll allow me to work part-time 3x a week so I don't have to pay full time daycare. We have fallen in love with a centrally located daycare (between my husband and my jobs) and they have flexible scheduling so I am trying to work with my job.

EDIT: Employer won't budge.

My husband and I both applied for different jobs at another company and we've both been told our skillsets are good fits. I really feel as if this is the door God's been waiting to show us. I hope it's a double door. So now...pray for that :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For my work situation...they won't let me work from home 3x a week when I'm off leave. Pray they'll allow me to work part-time 3x a week so I don't have to pay full time daycare. We have fallen in love with a centrally located daycare (between my husband and my jobs) and they have flexible scheduling so I am trying to work with my job.

My husband and I both applied for different jobs at another company and we've both been told our skillsets are good fits. I really feel as if this is the door God's been waiting to show us. I hope it's a double door. So now...pray for that :)

Awesome! Will be praying.

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife is 27 weeks pregnant. Please keep baby Isaac in your prayers. He keeps trying to come early. We already have it set up with pastor for instant baptism but we are praying for at least 37 weeks! Blessings!

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My best friend was born at 24 weeks. It's a tough road but at least doctors are well trained now and there is much more monitoring available. I was closely monitored because of the risks associated with gestational diabetes.

Your pastor can do an emergency baptism if needed. Mine offered if we had complications.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Aibrean said:

Not only do I have an interview with a company I wanted to work for, but my business partner who is also a Christian is hiring and we skipped the interview process and he is going to talk to his accountant. I would definitely prefer the latter situation because I know I would never have to work on anything morally questionable. Plus I have known and worked with him for years on freelance projects and I contract work to his other programmer. It's in an ad firm also run by Christians and I have wanted to work there but no opportunities opened up. The fact I can do front end code and design makes me able to do more.

:) very happy - and I could work from home 1-2 days a week and be with my girl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My wife is 27 weeks pregnant. Please keep baby Isaac in your prayers. He keeps trying to come early. We already have it set up with pastor for instant baptism but we are praying for at least 37 weeks! Blessings!

My best friend was born at 24 weeks. It's a tough road but at least doctors are well trained now and there is much more monitoring available. I was closely monitored because of the risks associated with gestational diabetes.

Your pastor can do an emergency baptism if needed. Mine offered if we had complications.

I was born at 25 weeks and am perfectly healthy today, if it helps at all. A nurse (I think she she was a chaplain?) at the hospital baptized me the day after I was born. Praying baby Isaac will stay put for a while! :)

Not only do I have an interview with a company I wanted to work for, but my business partner who is also a Christian is hiring and we skipped the interview process and he is going to talk to his accountant. I would definitely prefer the latter situation because I know I would never have to work on anything morally questionable. Plus I have known and worked with him for years on freelance projects and I contract work to his other programmer. It's in an ad firm also run by Christians and I have wanted to work there but no opportunities opened up. The fact I can do front end code and design makes me able to do more.

:) very happy - and I could work from home 1-2 days a week and be with my girl.

Praying for good news on your job!

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Officially hired (by the Christian) :D

It's kind of ironic...how we got to talking about Christianity years ago came from the Christian Forums bookmark I had on a screenshot I had shared with him and a client. Oh...and he is on the very conservative end. Phew!

Upvote 0

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I have a prayer request for my grandma. She recently had an outpatient surgery to remove a mass from her private area. It turns out that it was cancerous. The doctors think they got it all, but are going to test her lymph nodes in a couple weeks. The doctors say it will be treatable if they find anything else. Please pray for her. I'm really worried because her mom and two of her sisters all died from cancer. Her dad may have had it too, but I was little when he died so I don't remember...

Upvote 0

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Prayers going up for your grandmother, Lprdgecko :prayer:

Thank you :) She had surgery this past Monday to remove some of her lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread at all. The surgery went well and the doctors don't think it has spread, but we won't know 100% for sure until the test results come back. I'll keep everyone updated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My grandma is cancer-free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'm going to call her later on tonight to see how she's doing. Apparently she's sick to her stomach from her medicine, but besides that she's doing well from what I understand!

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My grandma is cancer-free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'm going to call her later on tonight to see how she's doing. Apparently she's sick to her stomach from her medicine, but besides that she's doing well from what I understand!

That is such amazing news, praise the Lord!!! :)

Upvote 0