Prayer for weight loss.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I was put on a drug called Phentermine about 3 months ago. On the drug I lost a total of 17 pounds so far. I started at 442-443 pounds and I'm now at 429 pounds. I just got home from the doctor's today and that is what I weighed.

So my weight loss is happening slowly but surely. I'm still as wide as a house and look like I weight 460+ pounds but I'm not THAT fat thank God. I mean it, thank the Lord that I'm not 500+ pounds like some people and i was heading in that direction. My doctor is hoping for another 10 pound weight loss when he sees me again in September. So why am I opening a prayer request? I want people to pray for my weight loss and that (God willing) I'll be back to 300 pounds in 2-3 years and maybe even 250 pounds? I don't want to push my luck or set an unreasonable goal. I also want God's will to be done on this issue and not my own. If it were up to me 250 pounds would be great that's a loss of almost 200lbs. That should be maybe doable though? It'd take me almost 4-5 years to lose all that weight but it will be well worth it. Please pray that I continue to lose weight and if it's God's will that I be 250 pounds and in shape again. I want to be able to go into the store and out again. I want to not need a cane or walker everywhere I go I'm only 37 years old for crying out loud. It's not like I'm in my 80s and am elderly here. So, yeah. Pray for my weight loss. All prayers are appreciated.

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi brother. Hey slowly but surely is great , any progress is wonderful. I know that we do not know eachother but I want you to know I am so proud of you, loosing weight is difficult it takes dedication commitment and work, it’s a mental and physical challenge. Keep up the amazing work, i know you can do it with Jesus by your side, He will give u strength and the ability to do it and touch your body ! My moms side of the family was/is mostly obese so I know how difficult it is. One of my younger cousins was about 280 and 5’7 when he was 20 and he decided to try juicing after watching a documentary and he got down almost over 80 lbs, it was amazing to see. My uncle who was diabetic did juicing too after seeing my cousins results, he lost a lot of weight and the doctor was so surprised he said that he almost didn’t need insulin anymore. You can do it brother, you are in my prayers

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I was put on a drug called Phentermine about 3 months ago. On the drug I lost a total of 17 pounds so far. I started at 442-443 pounds and I'm now at 429 pounds. I just got home from the doctor's today and that is what I weighed.

So my weight loss is happening slowly but surely. I'm still as wide as a house and look like I weight 460+ pounds but I'm not THAT fat thank God. I mean it, thank the Lord that I'm not 500+ pounds like some people and i was heading in that direction. My doctor is hoping for another 10 pound weight loss when he sees me again in September. So why am I opening a prayer request? I want people to pray for my weight loss and that (God willing) I'll be back to 300 pounds in 2-3 years and maybe even 250 pounds? I don't want to push my luck or set an unreasonable goal. I also want God's will to be done on this issue and not my own. If it were up to me 250 pounds would be great that's a loss of almost 200lbs. That should be maybe doable though? It'd take me almost 4-5 years to lose all that weight but it will be well worth it. Please pray that I continue to lose weight and if it's God's will that I be 250 pounds and in shape again. I want to be able to go into the store and out again. I want to not need a cane or walker everywhere I go I'm only 37 years old for crying out loud. It's not like I'm in my 80s and am elderly here. So, yeah. Pray for my weight loss. All prayers are appreciated.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers. I haven't been on CF much to hear your responses and just got the chance to read them all. Thank you I really appreciate it. I see my doctor again in a few weeks and I'm hoping I dropped at least 10 pounds again. 5 pounds a month would be great weight loss even if I got down below 400 I would notice a significant difference. I already can notice that I can walk around a lot more than I could before and my legs are getting stronger everyday. I was 429 2 months ago so hopefully I'll be 420 pounds or less at the doctors. I can't weigh myself at home because my scale only goes up to 400 pounds so maybe by new years I'll be able to weigh myself. Hoping anyway.

I start physical therapy again October 19th so hopefully by the time winter comes around I would need a cane or walker at all when I leave the house because they're going to be working on strengthening my legs. I already don't need a cane or walker when walking from the bedroom to the living room couch or computer which is most of my walking in a day. I only need my cane or walker when I leave the house. That is if winter is not coming in early November this year. Don't know the weather has been so scroogy lately.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers. I haven't been on CF much to hear your responses and just got the chance to read them all. Thank you I really appreciate it. I see my doctor again in a few weeks and I'm hoping I dropped at least 10 pounds again. 5 pounds a month would be great weight loss even if I got down below 400 I would notice a significant difference. I already can notice that I can walk around a lot more than I could before and my legs are getting stronger everyday. I was 429 2 months ago so hopefully I'll be 420 pounds or less at the doctors. I can't weigh myself at home because my scale only goes up to 400 pounds so maybe by new years I'll be able to weigh myself. Hoping anyway.

I start physical therapy again October 19th so hopefully by the time winter comes around I would need a cane or walker at all when I leave the house because they're going to be working on strengthening my legs. I already don't need a cane or walker when walking from the bedroom to the living room couch or computer which is most of my walking in a day. I only need my cane or walker when I leave the house. That is if winter is not coming in early November this year. Don't know the weather has been so scroogy lately.
Hang in there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
At that age most people would not bother but I salute your determination and if it's successful your story is going to be inspirational.

I normally wouldn't have bothered. My doctor encouraged me to because he could see that I was heading down the road of immobility and I didn't want that. I didn't want to live in my bed and not be able to move around the house and he just told me straight up if I kept gaining weight in a few years that would be a reality. I already needed a walker/cane to basically go anywhere at the time. Still do to a point but, he was just so happy when I lost close to 20 pounds. I liked that happiness and wish my wife felt the same way instead of saying that she can't see any weight loss. But then again, I'd have to be skinny like a pole for her to notice.

I'm probably more than likely going to quit at 250 or 300 pounds. I'm a big guy and am supposed to be big, I just didn't want to be almost 450 pounds anymore. It's kind of embarrassing when you need to get a mri to check for pulmonary embolisms because I have a history of blood clots and they can only take pictures of half of my body because my body doesn't fit inside the machine.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I normally wouldn't have bothered. My doctor encouraged me to because he could see that I was heading down the road of immobility and I didn't want that. I didn't want to live in my bed and not be able to move around the house and he just told me straight up if I kept gaining weight in a few years that would be a reality. I already needed a walker/cane to basically go anywhere at the time. Still do to a point but, he was just so happy when I lost close to 20 pounds. I liked that happiness and wish my wife felt the same way instead of saying that she can't see any weight loss. But then again, I'd have to be skinny like a pole for her to notice.

I'm probably more than likely going to quit at 250 or 300 pounds. I'm a big guy and am supposed to be big, I just didn't want to be almost 450 pounds anymore. It's kind of embarrassing when you need to get a mri to check for pulmonary embolisms because I have a history of blood clots and they can only take pictures of half of my body because my body doesn't fit inside the machine.
I’m currently trying to lose 100 pounds. I have lost 50 so far in 4 months. I recommend DDP Yoga for exercise. It starts with a program for people that are completely out of shape or have limited mobility. You can do it in your bed. After that you advance to exercising in a chair. Eventually you stand and use the chair for balance. I hadn’t exercised in 6 years when I started. Still using the chair for balance at this point. You can get the app for $8.99 a month

Upvote 0

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praying for God’s to provide the help you need in loosing weight. In Jesus’ name, amen. :praying:

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums