• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for lost contact with friend

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by aloneinafrica, Mar 14, 2018.

1. aloneinafrica

aloneinafrica Proudly South-African

+173
    South Africa
    Christian
    Celibate
    Hi, everybody. I would please like to request prayer for the following:

A really good friend that I made is a pilot who travels frequently and is not at home much. Our only contact is via our cellphones and up until almost a week ago, this person corresponded with me regularly. Now he's gone silent, and although I've received no bad news from his family (who I rent from), I'm worried about the sudden silence.

As far as I'm aware, I did not text this person anything offensive. It could be that he's just busy, or perhaps the signal from his cellphone is poor; I don't want to bother him if he's not in a mindset to talk a lot lately, but all the same, I'm worried and I would like to hear from him the soonest. Please pray that he'll contact me soon and that his job will not bring him into peril. I'm very worried, but as I said, to keep bugging someone who might just be occupied isn't something I want to do. I really care about this person and I know that he'll be back home in two months, but in the meantime, it's concerning that he's MIA on his 'phone for no understandable reason.

Blessings. :groupray:

• Prayers Prayers x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,008
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+98,336
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Praying, dear heart (((hug)))

4. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+6,088
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Praying for an answer soon Bless you. :]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,964
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, lead this one to pray for their pilot friend, for safety, and to contact them if possible. In the meantime lead this one not to worry about the unknown (Matthew 6:33-34; Philippians 4:8), but to use their concern in practical, pragmatic ways to try to see how they can reconnect with this pilot, and to demonstrate their concern for them. Possibly use others to help these two as well. Amen.

6. SnowTiger

SnowTiger Well-Known Member

+541
    Christian
    Single
    I pray that he will contact you soon and that all of your worries will be alleviated! Amen!

7. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+747
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Maybe try sending something benign & friendly, just a funny picture you think he'll enjoy, or something like that. It might be a good balance of trying to remain in contact, without coming off too strongly thinking something bad happened, if it didn't. Just something to keep a bit of contact.