prayer for healing.....good or bad ?

polkaman

Jul 14, 2013
✟57,563.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello. Don't know if I got this in the right department, I guess if its in the wrong place, I learn about it
shortly !

This one kind of got me today. Learned a fellow's dad had been dx with cancer. He was asking for prayers,
but wanted god's will be done. He didn't want prayers for healing, because that would be selfish.

I'm kinda needing help with processing this one...we always ask for god to heal us, to help us.
so have I been wrong for asking for healing, rather for gods will ???

Thank you !

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can ask God for healing, God does heal according to his Word.it is up to God to answer that prayer as He chooses. He can use doctors and medicine or heal supernaturally. But if the person didn't want prayers for healing, you can still pray for him to have peace with God and the best care that he can receive. that he would not suffer in pain or distress. that he would be blessed for the remainder of his life. In prayer, we have to allow God to lead us to pray as He wants us to pray.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello. Don't know if I got this in the right department, I guess if its in the wrong place, I learn about it
shortly !

This one kind of got me today. Learned a fellow's dad had been dx with cancer. He was asking for prayers,
but wanted god's will be done. He didn't want prayers for healing, because that would be selfish.

I'm kinda needing help with processing this one...we always ask for god to heal us, to help us.
so have I been wrong for asking for healing, rather for gods will ???

Thank you !

It's alright. Asking for healing is not incorrect. What I normally do is pray and if I ask for a specific thing I qualify it by also saying, "thy will be done Lord not mine." God knows what is in our hearts and minds. But He wants us to come to Him with our problems and troubles. God always answers our prayers, although He might answer them in a different way than what we have asked for. Here are some Bible verses about prayers for healing. God bless you.

Upvote 0

One God

Sep 14, 2018
Bloomington
✟15,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have not because you ask not; or you ask according to the lust of the flesh.

We can and should pray for healing. Our Father loves to be sought by his children. That you ask for healing for someone else answers to the initiative to prefer your brother over thyself.
To ask for our personal healing should be tendered with concern but also a desire to know what God would have us do with this condition to effect our cloud of witnesses; our reaction to the condition speaks to those observing us in it.
Above all do not claim this condition as your own, e.g., My cancer; My polio; My this or that. We can rebuke the spirit of the condition and it will be gone if God so will.

Upvote 0