Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suggested a bush walk and she didnt want to go on that, which is weird because she claimed she loves walking.
I dont think a bush walk is that strenuous. Depending on if you choose an easy one or not. Anyway.

I will just need to pursue the gardening side of the friendship cos definitely dont want to triapse around the mall again and then being asked to eat half a sugary slice with the inevitable coffee, spending money on things I dont need. Please Lord help me...ive known her so long, but what used to be what I thought was normal behaviour just seems crazy now. Shes been discharged from hospital. But I do think if she ever slips up on meds again she will go back.

She doesnt seem to understand if you want to come off meds or any kind of drug even food shes kinda using as a drug to do it gradually.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Update can you please pray for this friend for her salvation because It seems shes not saved, I dont see any evidence of saving faith and its upsetting me:-(
Or if she is that she wholeheartedly return to the Lord and not pretend. I just cant be around her when shes being doubleminded.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Update can you please pray for this friend for her salvation because It seems shes not saved, I dont see any evidence of saving faith and its upsetting me:-(
Or if she is that she wholeheartedly return to the Lord and not pretend. I just cant be around her when shes being doubleminded.
Will be praying for your friend Goodbook, stay strong and do not give up, press in !!
Pray scripture over her and HIS word will not return void in Jesus name.
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55: 11

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lord shes your child, a daughter, I ask you to heal her of whatever is bothering her from the past, so she can come and fellowship with brothers and sisters in her church family. I pray this in Jesus name.

Im sorry for feeling frustrated with her but I ask the clouds of depression lift and that she knows shes forgiven, whatever shes done.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Shes going to come meet me on wednesday and go for a walk, and my other friend will be there too because we are doing a bible study beforehand, but this friend didnt want to come to bible although she agreed to meet me after at church.

I feel really frustrated that she wont tell me why shes avoiding God. She used to love reading the bible with me but now I think she was only pretending.

:-(
Am going to walk to the christian bookstore on the way to the
Park, and God really has to show her something because she wont listen to me.

I dont know what to pray anymore except she be singleminded and walk in the light. I really needed to put my foot down on her addictive behaviours that she was like using me as her enabler and its killing her!!

Eg she would, on guise of being my friend, want to meet me have a coffee and. cake to feed her sugar addiction. No she wouldnt even shout me anything but buy it herself and then proceed to stuff her face. Then the whole time she would be thinking about food and coffee, and then obessing over exercise to lose weight since she kept on eating. i just really had enough of this. Sigh.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well it didnt happen. Im not going to go into detail but the friend met with my other friend on friday when i was busy and she asked her about going to bible. Study again and this friend said 'im not ready' and then went all quiet.

Then refused to talk about it.

I have given up hope of meeting her again next with my friend to confont her as cant be bothered arranging time anymore since she refused to come when my friend was over this way. Basically she said she didnt want to come and rang me disturbing the bible study, then rang me after while i was on my way to work and refused to listen to me when i said i was busy with work.

So basically i will just have to treat her as a heathen then.

Thanks for your prayers this was a tough one as i thought she was a friend or at least a friend of Jesus but just turns out she loves the world too much and friendship with the world is emnity with God.

Im not even going to bother dropping any devotional booklets as shes already got a bible so whats the point ? She never reads it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Will be praying for your friend Goodbook, stay strong and do not give up, press in !!
Pray scripture over her and HIS word will not return void in Jesus name.
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55: 11
Cant pray scirpture over her as she doesnt want to be prayed over, she only wants prayer when she doesnt get her own way. :-(

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Check out Dr Caroline Leaf and her epigenetics... so many "self help" books but they all fail because they don't have God as the basis for our healthy thinking. It's "stinkin' thinkin'" that gives us mental and physical struggles. May you find the strength to pray with her at length, focussing upon God's mercy and love for us. None of us are perfect except in His eyes.
10076-christmas-prayers.jpg
I have just been reading one of caroline leafs books got hold of from the library called eat and think yourself smart. But not much use for her as she doesnt even read any books. Dont think she would ever give up suagry foods anyway, despite all the damage its done to her teeth. She had 14 fillings and kept having all these dental appointments, and the my other friend says to me she had coffee with her and she ordered a sugary slice. So she didnt stop. You would think someone would give up sugar when they need to have all that expensive dental treatment.no she doesnt want lrayer anymore she only wanted prayer to get out of hospital that time and so when i did say a prayer with her it was only a short one .

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
One good thing my other friend said was she DID say she wanted to learn computers so she gave her some brochures about free computer courses. But i am not sure if she will follow through on this like so many other things shes said and then didnt do.

I was hoping my other friend could talk to her but she tried her best and i dont think anything was happening, really.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
One good thing my other friend said was she DID say she wanted to learn computers so she gave her some brochures about free computer courses. But i am not sure if she will follow through on this like so many other things shes said and then didnt do.

I was hoping my other friend could talk to her but she tried her best and i dont think anything was happening, really. She was still roped into meeting her at the mall.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well update i invited her to a neighbours day bbq at the garden this sat and guess what she said to me God is a healer and she says shes much better now. And shes going to come meet the neighbours.

Well whatever it was that was bothering her before seems to have gone!

Maybe God spoke to her! Cos she was quoting some scriputre to me.

She might be ready to come to church! Hoepfully On resurrection sunday!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
One thing my friend still worries about and i dont know if this is something God will change..is her appearance she is soooo selfconcious. She asked me if there was a dress code for the bbq and what i would be wearing and Im like i dont know, um clothes?!

I mean i said to her just dont come naked.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well my friend turned up at the bbq. It was nice to see her but again she was so self concious about what she was wearing with all the jewellery and latest clothes etc.
she kept asking me where i bought my watch and where i bought my pants and were they new? And then she complained there was no coffee and she was craving one and then kept asking me if i wanted to go out to have coffee and cake..at the mall her shout and im like NO. Im working these days and busy.

I just wanted to enjoy the bbq?! And then later she came up to me and surprise said we shouldgo for a walk..even. A bush walk!

I dont know. I dont think i could stand being alone with her if she keeps going on about shopping, tv and coffee.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well my friend turned up at the bbq. It was nice to see her but again she was so self concious about what she was wearing with all the jewellery and latest clothes etc.
she kept asking me where i bought my watch and where i bought my pants and were they new? And then she complained there was no coffee and she was craving one and then kept asking me if i wanted to go out to have coffee and cake..at the mall her shout and im like NO. Im working these days and busy.

I just wanted to enjoy the bbq?! And then later she came up to me and surprise said we shouldgo for a walk..even. A bush walk!

I dont know. I dont think i could stand being alone with her if she keeps going on about shopping, tv and coffee.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I dont know. I dont think i could stand being alone with her if she keeps going on about shopping, tv and coffee. What can i pray am out of prayers...

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I dont know. I dont think i could stand being alone with her if she keeps going on about shopping, and coffee. What can i pray am out of prayers...

Upvote 0