✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I'm not super active but I have this prayer request!

Tonight we will host a council meeting with the elders of the church, in this meeting our pastor will announce his retirement (he is 77 almost 78). This means that we no longer have a pastor!
As I am currently studying for my bachelor of divinity and have the wish to become a church leader. My pastor has therefore asked me if I would like to takeover his position! He will state his opinion for my appointment at this church council!

So far I have been working in this church about 16 hours per week to take on all outreach activities. This has been amazing and has led me to start studying theology part time!

Please pray that the church council will together with me prayerfully decide this over the coming days!

As we hire a fulltime pastor my current position will be filled by the new pastor, meaning I would be jobless if they decide not to hire me.

So far I feel like God has kept opening doors for me to serve in this Belgian city! I pray he will show me His will or calling for me! Please join me in prayer over the next few days!

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray that the elders will carefully go over 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1, using Your Word as the guide for their selection. May GuusVa, and any others, be held along Biblical qualifications for the position of "pastor" to see if they are truly qualified. Even if qualified, may the elders look at a number of other things to help in the decision choice. May they be open to other ideas they may have not considered yet, such as giving themselves more time by selecting an "interim pastor" until they find a better qualified man. May they not choose a man out of convenience, or just to bless an individual, or out of emotions superceding spiritual wisdom. May they apply John 7:24. May the "all thine heart" of Proverbs 3:5-6 be true in their case. Psalms 37:5; Jeremiah 3:15. Amen.

Reactions: GuusVA
Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The church council accepted my application (or candidacy) for the opening. They have till september to decide on the matter and will invite all candidates to teach once in the church!

Thank you for praying. Please continue to pray with me. That the council (this includes myself) may be filled with Gods wisdom and guidance so we can truly find his will on the matter.

Upvote 0