The Midwest
✟9,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My grandpa is 69 and does not know Christ. He lives in the south, in an area of the country that is very works-based, with a lot of dos and don’ts “for Christians to perfect before they can be saved”—my family is not like that at all and is trying to show him the truth of God’s unconditional love and amazing, limitless grace. Please pray that the Lord would soften his heart and maybe even use us to shine His light. Thank you!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Lifting this man up for salvation. Oh what a most important prayer request indeed.
Lord open the eyes and ears of this dear man to see that your grace is sufficient and may he find the path that leads to life in Jesus name Amen

Upvote 0

HisGraceIsAllYouNeed

I am a slave to righteousness
Oct 1, 2018
The Midwest
✟9,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok i am from mississippi kinda sounded like ms view of salvation
Really? I think that must be common in the south. I was born in TN, and there you hear a lot of “stop smoking, don’t drink, clean up outwardly” basically, and then you might get saved. It’s sad.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Really? I think that must be common in the south. I was born in TN, and there you hear a lot of “stop smoking, don’t drink, clean up outwardly” basically, and then you might get saved. It’s sad.

It is a mixed message, you have the baptist saying salvation is free. But then turn around and say repent of your sins then believe in Jesus.

It is either a work before salvation or a work after salvation that is mostly preached.

Of course the preachers would lose a lot of their importance/being needed if they just preached/taught the Bibles message of eternal life that the Gospel of John does.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums