Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:" Hebrews 11:39

Today, many believers obtain a good report because of their donations and their gifts and talents. But there are few who obtain a good report because of their great faith or great prayer life. Today, as much as at any time, we need followers of God to have great faith and powerful prayer.

These are the two most important virtues that make men great in the eyes of God. These two things create spiritual success in the life and work of the church. It should be our main concern to see that we keep this kind of quality faith before God.

Dear Lord, I want to live a life of good report. Please help and guide me in developing a life of great faith and prayer for Your glory. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath Everyone!

"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Romans 12:3

Happy are those who have no goodness of their own to boast of. Humility flourishes in the soil of a true and deep sense of our own insignificance. Nowhere does humility flourish so as when it admits all guilt, confesses all sin, and trusts all grace.

"I the chief of sinners am, but Jesus died for me."

That is the praying ground, the ground of humility, but in reality brought near by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. God dwells in the lowly places. He makes lowly places often the most high places to the praying soul.

Lord God, "I the chief of sinners am, but Jesus died for me." Thank You that we can know that when we humble ourselves before You, You will lift us up. Amen.

James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward." Hebrews 10:35

Doubt and fear are the twin enemies of faith. Sometimes they actually take the place of faith, and although we continue to pray, it is a restless, disquieted, uneasy prayer that we offer. But doubts and fears should never be accommodated.

We must take our eyes off ourselves. They should be removed from our own weakness and allowed to rest fully on God's strength. A simple, confiding faith, living day by day, will drive fear away. Faith is able to cast your burdens onto God and not feel anxious about the outcome.

Dear Lord, doubt and fear often threaten our faith. I want to thank You for delivering us when we bring our weaknesses, doubts and fears before You in prayer. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;" Ephesians 4:2

Humility does not have its eyes on self, but rather on God and others. God put a great price on humility of heart. That which brings the praying soul near to God is humility of heart. That which gives wings to prayer is a humble mind.

Pride, self-esteem, and self-praise effectually shut the door of prayer. Approach God with humility and meekness - do not be puffed up with self-importance or overestimate your virtues and good works. It is better to be clothed with humility than with an expensive garment.

Father God, You put a great price on humility. Please give me a humble and gentle heart so that my soul may draw ever closer to You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Prayer is absolutely dependent on faith. Prayer accomplishes nothing unless it connected to faith. Faith makes prayer effective and must precede it.

Before we even start to pray, our faith should be working. We must have faith that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek His face.

This is the primary step in praying. While faith does not bring the blessing, it puts prayer in a position to ask for it. It leads to another step of understanding by helping the petitioner believe that God is able and willing to bless.

Lord Jesus, without faith our prayers are without effect. Thank You that faith puts prayer in action. I praise Your name. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matthew 6:4

Faith opens the way for prayer to approach God. But it also does more. It accompanies prayer with every step. When request are made to God, faith turns the asking into obtaining. Prayer can help build your faith, which will produce results.

Faith makes prayer strong and gives it patience to wait on God. Faith believes that God rewards. No truth is more clearly revealed and none is more encouraging in Scripture than this. Serving God - no matter how insignificant it may seem - will yield a reward. That is what faith whole-heartedly believes. Faith gives its hearty consent to this precious truth.

Father, thank You that even the most insignificant service done in Your name will surely receive its reward. Glory to Your name. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." 1 Timothy 2:8

Doubting is always forbidden because it stands as an enemy to faith and hinders effective prayer. Paul gives us conditions for successful prayer.

All questioning must be guarded against and avoided. Faith must banish doubt.

Great incentives to prayer are furnished in Scripture. Our Lord closes His teaching about prayer with the assurance and promise of heaven. The presence of Jesus Christ in heaven and the preparation He is making there for His saints help us not to grow weary in prayer.

Lord, please drive away the doubts and fear in my life that hinders my prayers and threatens my faith. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0