1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of one prayer God hasn't answered for me in one way or another. I try to be careful of what I ask and try to align it to things I'd consider within His will. Not within His power, as there are no limits there, but of His will. God is beyond awesome and comprehension.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."Romans 10:13

When we speak of the universality of prayer, we discover many sides to it. First, it is important that all people should pray.

Prayer is intended for all people, because all people need God and need what God has and what only prayer can give. As people are called upon to pray everywhere, they need to pray for others everywhere.

Universal terms are used when believers are commanded to pray. There is a promise in universal terms to all who call upon God for pardon, for mercy and help.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." 1 Timothy 2:1, 2.

It is especially important to pray regularly for our church leaders. Prayer has mighty power.

It makes good rulers, and makes good rulers better rulers. It restrains the lawless and the despotic. Rulers are to be prayed for. They are not out of reach and control of prayer, because they are not out of reach and control of God.

Wicked Nero was on the throne of Rome when Paul wrote these words to Timothy urging prayer for those in authority, so that peace and quiet could reign in the land.

God, I know that prayer is far-reaching in its effects. I pray today for all the people in leadership positions all over the world that they will know and follow You as the divine Leader and King. Amen.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....and if they don't come to know the Sovergn of All Creation, may You, Almighty God, cast your influence upon them that Your will be done through them, even as You used mighty Babylon and the kings of the earth to further Your plan and make Yourself known to Your people!- Amen

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."Matthew 21:22

Unless the power of prayer is supplied by God's Word, prayer though earnest, is empty.

The absence of power in praying can be traced to the absence of a constant supply of God's Word to repair the waste and renew the life. He who wants to learn to pray well must first study God's Word and store it in his memory and thoughts.

When we consult God's Word, we find that no duty is more binding than that of prayer. No promises are more radiant, more abounding, than those that are attached to prayer.

Father God, I know that I can only learn to pray well by studying Your Word and keeping it in my heart. I want to fulfill the great duty I have of being Your praying servant. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 1 Corinthians 1:3, 4.

Worldwide, selfless praying pleases God and is acceptable in His sight, because it co-operates with His will and runs in gracious streams to God's people.

It is this kind of praying that Christ Jesus did when He was on earth, and the same kind that He is now doing at His Father's right hand in heaven as our mighty intercessor.

He is the pattern of prayer. He stands between God and man, the one Mediator who gave Himself as a ransom for each and every person.

Lord, thank You for loving us so much that You gave Your only Son so that we could live with You eternally in heaven. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

As God's House is called the house of prayer because prayer is the most important of its tasks, so the Bible also may be called the book of prayer. Prayer is the great theme of its message to mankind.

As the Word of Christ dwells richly in us, we become transformed. The result is that we become praying Christians.

Faith is constructed of the Word and the Spirit, and faith is the body and substance of prayer. His Word becomes the basis of and the inspiration for our praying.

Lord, You say that if we remain in You and Your Word remains in us, we may ask whatever we wish, and it will be given to us. I praise Your holy name for being so good to us. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us," Ephesians 3"20.

Paul, in his remarkable prayer for the Ephesians, honored the unlimited possibilities of prayer, and he glorified the ability of God to answer prayer.

Prayer is all-inclusive. There is no time or place that prayer does not cover and sanctify. All things on earth and in heaven, everything for time and for eternity, all are embraced in prayer.

Nothing is too great and noting is too small to be a subject of prayer. Prayer reaches down to the least things of life and includes the greatest things that concern us.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayer shows God that we acknowledge our need for Him. Your spouse may know emphatically that you love them, but look at the positive things that come from such a simple gesture. Look at even the simplest nod from a passing stranger and how it can give a sense of belonging or acceptance, even if only for a brief moment. It's comunication beyond the exchange of information. It may assimilate a bond for the passing second. Imagine how it could make God feel if you acknowledge Him through the day with some simple words of thanks as we remember some past events where we know God came through for us when we didn't expect it (and certainly didn't deserve it). Someone you may not be able to see with your eyes, but can with your heart, who is responsible for your very existence .... and even that of everything around you!
The same God who we secretly blame for all the bad and give absolutely no glory or appreciation for the good.
Yes, the Lord is MOST MERCIFUL and kind beyond any human description. If WE were just friends with God, we would be TERRIBLE friends, yet He's still there. Like the little puppy so neglected, yet He LOVES us unconditionally. He has the power AND authority to speak us out of existence, yet we continue to live. Not only is God LOVE, a noun, not a modifier, He is also COMPASSION and MERCY.
Do we take His kindness for weakness, or do we just not give Him due credit for who He really is?

MOST GRACIOUS HEAVENLY FATHER, first off all, please, PLEASE, PLEASE
cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness. Remove my shortcomings and forgive me of my sins, for they are MANY! Please, O God, number me among your children, saved from the fire, accounted worthy to stand on the DAY. Fill me with wisdom, as it's better than gold and help me to further your will on this earth. I can't begin to thank You enough, for ALL Your Mercies, Your blessings, and the times I deserved punishment, but You gave an embrace. The things you've done on my behalf that are so vivid once I take the time to stop and think on it, but even more , O Lord, the COUNTLESS things that you have molded and tuned, and downright interceded for me that I don't even know about! Thank You, my Loving SAVIOUR, for ALL those things and more, as I can't begin to fathom your Omnipotence. Lead and guide me, O Lord, to become more like what You seek for me to be. In Jesus' most precious name I pray- Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Round 2 coming right up! EXPECT great things, because I have a GOD who is FULL of mercy , miracles and compassion! He's just, but equally devoted to those who love and obey Him! I don't just witness miracles, I live them! Have I told you about My GOD? Maybe she is just having some anxiety because she KNOWS that God is steadfast waiting to do some mighty things to further advance His kingdom. He is Faithful and True and I pray that Deb stays steady and elevated in her faith and trust in Him. I will pray for physical comfort as well as emotional and spiritual comfort too. ALL THINGS FOR HIS GLORY! Peace be with you and yours!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

Only prayer can bring the "peace of God, which transcends all understanding" into the heart and mind.

Cares divide, distract, bewilder, and destroy unity and quietness of mind. What great need to guard against them and learn the one secret of their cure - prayer! Prayer about everything can quiet every distraction, and lift every care from weary lives and from confused hearts.

The specific prayer is the perfect cure for all anxieties, cares, and worries. Only prayer can drive worry away and save from worrying over things that we cannot change.

Father, I bring all my cares, worries and anxieties to You today. I leave them at Your feet. Please give me peace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rejoice Always

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." Philippians 4:4, 5

In a world filled with all kinds of worry, where temptation is the rule, where there are so many things testing us, how is it possible to rejoice always?

We look at the command to rejoice always, and we accept it and respect it as the Word of God, but no joy comes. We decide to be kind and gentle. We remember the nearness of the Lord, but still we are hasty, quick and impatient.

A joyous, carefree, peaceful experience brings the believer into a joyous living by faith. We should only obey and trust God.

Father, in this broken world we live in, it is difficult to rejoice always. But I know that to live according to Your will, my life will be a joyful experience pleasing in Your sight. Amen.

A dear sister did a search and this is what she found in Scripture:

183 verses mention rejoice

28 verses mention rejoicing

25 verses mention joyful

4 verses mention joyous

155 verses mention joy

Totaling 392 verses of rejoice, rejoicing, being joyful, joyous and having joy.

Over a years worth of verses, a verse for every day of the year and then some. Maybe we should look up a verse a day and read it. When we are depressed or worried or finding it difficult to find joy in our lives or a reason to rejoice, look these words up in your concordance and find the verse for the day. We need to be uplifted today more than ever, get the joy in our hearts, because Jesus is coming. Amen!

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's our own fault. We have created this artificial environment of EXCESS. We want it now! We finance it rather than save. Not willing to do without. And now, we use the excuses that we want better for our children while we stick them in front of the TV we still pay on to get them out of our hair, when we should be reading the Bible with them. Then we wonder why they won't talk to us "anymore".

Luke 21:34-35-
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

We feel like we MUST be entertained ALL the time. On the go. Even work , work, work. Fact: America takes less vacation time than ANY major country in the world. Why? We "supposedly" have it better than anywhere on earth. We are a slave to excess, a slave to finance, a slave to debt. Not willing to do without anything as long as we can get it NOW, just sign n drive! Anyone 100 years ago would look at us and think we are insane. We are, but society has geared us and conditioned us to accept it as "normal".

Psalm 46:10-11-
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Merciful God, may I TAKE the time to put off things of this world; things that decieve; things that take Your place; things that destroy; things that keep me from You and my family. Remember me, O Lord, that I may be counted among the clothed, that my lamp has oil, that I cast light into the darkness, that I make You Lord of my life- all day- every day. Not just with lip-service, but with a transformation of the heart. Not just a hearer, but a do'er of your WORD. Thank-you my Savior, for your immeasurable MERCIES and continual Love! - Amen

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

Are your prayers answered? The efficiency of prayer from a biblical standpoint lies solely in the answer to prayer. The benefit of prayer has been well and popularly maximized by the saying, "It moves the arm that moves the universe."

To get unquestioned answers to prayer is not only important for the satisfying of our desires, but it is also the evidence of our abiding in Christ. Thus, it becomes more important still. The mere act of praying is no test of our relationship with God. It may be the routine of habit.

But to pray and receive clear answers, is the sure test and is the gracious point of our vital connection with Jesus Christ.

Dear God, please teach me to pray right. Our prayers can move Your arm that moves the universe. I praise Your name. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again." 1 Kings 18:37

To God and to man, the answer to prayer is the all-important part of our praying. The answer to prayer, direct and unmistakable, is the evidence of God's existence.

It proves that God is interested in His creatures, and listens to them when they approach Him in prayer. There is no proof so clear and demonstrative that God exists than answered prayer.

The answer to prayer is the part of prayer that glorifies God. Unanswered prayers leave the praying ones in darkness and carry no conviction to the unbeliever. Answer to prayer is the convincing proof of a right relationship with God.

Father, Elijah's prayer is also my prayer today. Answer me, O LORD, so that the people will know that You are God, and that You are turning their hearts back again. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
" Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me." John 11:41, 42.

It is not the act or attitude of praying that gives effectiveness to prayer. It is not the kneeling of the body before God or the exquisite beauty and poetry of our prayers that do the deed.

Not one or all of these are the things that glorify God. It is the answer that brings glory to His name. Answer to prayer is the living proof of our right relationship with God. Jesus said these words at the grave of Lazarus. The answer to His prayer was the proof of His mission from God.

Father, like Jesus I pray. I thank You that You have heard me. I know that You always hear me." Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Now by this I know that thou art a man of God." 1 Kings 17:24

He is highest in the favor of God who has the readiest access and the greatest number of answers to prayer from God.

We have been nurturing a false faith and hiding the shame of our loss and inability to pray by the false, comforting plea that God does not answer directly or objectively, but indirectly and subjectively. Or we have comforted and nurtured our spiritual laziness by saying that it is not God's will to give it to us.

Faith teaches God's praying people that it is God's will to answer prayer. God answers all prayers and every prayer of His children who truly pray.

Father, through faith Your children can be sure of Your answers to their prayers. Thank You, for Your loving goodness. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"Ephesians 1:3

It is by these answered prayers that human nature is enriched. Answered prayer brings us into constant, conscious communion with God, awakens and enlarges gratitude, and excites the melody and lofty inspiration of praise.

Answered prayer is the mark of God in our praying. It is the exchange with heaven, and establishes and realizes a relationship with God.

We give our prayers in exchange for the divine blessing. God accepts our prayers through the atoning blood and gives Himself, His presence, and His grace in return.

Father, I come before You with prayers of praise. I want to thank You for all the blessings and goodness You bestow on me. I pray for forgiveness of my sins. Amen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans 2:4

God holds all good in His hands. That good comes to us through our Lord Jesus Christ, only because of His atoning sacrifice and by asking it in His name.

God is so much involved in prayer and hearing and answering that all His attributes and His whole being are centered in that great fact. It distinguishes Him as wonderfully good, and powerfully attractive in His nature.

God's truthfulness is at stake in the engagements to answer prayer. His wisdom, His truth, and His goodness are involved. God is truth - and He always answers the prayers of His children who earnestly seek His name.

Father God, I know that if I ask anything in Your name You will provide for us. You are Truth. You always keep Your promises. May Your name be exalted over all the earth. Amen.

Upvote 0