This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ohh-so appropriate title sir; "Pray"! From the heights to the very bottom of the barrel of weaponry for our dispersing, the later being given with a cheerful heart is a warriors heart indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When David and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings burnt and their families gone, I Sam 30 states he and his men wept until they couldnt. His men, who had just fought with him, talked about killing him. Then David encouraged himself in the Lord. No details are given about how he did that but he turned his focus from himself and the terrible situation to God. I Sam 30

Couple of things - think it's amazing that given the situation David, a warrior, didnt assume he knew but asks God what action to take. Additionally, David didn't ask God until after he had encouraged himself in the Lord. Think the details are left out because when we encourage ourselves in the Lord, it would be individually based. Knowing David from Scripture, we know he poured his heart out in prayer and praise to his El Shaddai.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When David and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings burnt and their families gone, I Sam 30 states he and his men wept until they couldnt. His men, who had just fought with him, talked about killing him. Then David encouraged himself in the Lord. No details are given about how he did that but he turned his focus from himself and the terrible situation to God. I Sam 30

Couple of things - think it's amazing that given the situation David, a warrior, didnt assume he knew but asks God what action to take. Additionally, David didn't ask God until after he had encouraged himself in the Lord. Think the details are left out because when we encourage ourselves in the Lord, it would be individually based. Knowing David from Scripture, we know he poured his heart out in prayer and praise to his El Shaddai.
Great encouragement,'tturt'.

Upvote 0