Status
Not open for further replies.

dowlers

Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
✟15,284.00
Faith
Seeker
Please anyone who wants to pray for can you do so.

I am going through a tough time and I have done something I regret very strongly that could change my whole life. My faith in God is not very strong and therefore I wonder if He can answer my own prayers-despite praying non-stop.
What I have done could bring about a situation that I do not know how to handle or cope with. I am finding it very hard to find peace so please pray to God that he would comfort me, show me what I have to do and that everything will turn out all right. I thank you all so much.

God bless.

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, I lift up dowlers to you. Lord, I pray that you will surround him with your love and peace. Lord, I ask that you will help him to understand HE IS FORGIVEN if he has accepted you as his Saviour!!! Lord, it is so hard for us as humans to grasp that once we have accepted you as Saviour there is nothing we can do to fail you. That no matter how bad we fail, that your death and resurraction covers us and all our sins. That it is finished on the cross for all time, that it is not what we have done or do, but what you, Jesus have done that matters. We want so bad to do right and please you as our thank you for what you have done, that when we fail, we still feel guilty. Help us all to understand that your grace covers us!!! Help us to accept this and be free from our guilt. Help dowers a your word promises us to cope with whatever happens next. Help him to feel your presence carry him thru this time. Help him to feel how much you love him and just how precious he is to you. Fill his heart and mind with peace and understanding. give him wisdom in the steps he needs to take next. Lord, we do not understand how you can take something so difficult and work it for good, but we trust you to do this because it is what your word says you do and we know that you are an awesome God!!! Lord, please guide dowers in each step he takes. Thank you Lord, that you care so much for us and about us. Please let the Holy Spirit work thru and in this child of yours!!!! In Jesus name , Amen.

Dowers, don't hesitate to pm me-We can share and talk and I can tell you verses that these and other promises are in. God is indeed big enough to handle whatever you are going thru!!!! And you are indeed precious to HIM!!!

Upvote 0

evangelistsmth

Sep 2, 2005
N.C.
✟164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dowlers said:

I am going through a tough time and I have done something I regret very strongly that could change my whole life. My faith in God is not very strong and therefore I wonder if He can answer my own prayers-despite praying non-stop.
What I have done could bring about a situation that I do not know how to handle or cope with. I am finding it very hard to find peace so please pray to God that he would comfort me, show me what I have to do and that everything will turn out all right. I thank you all so much.

God bless.
Dear brother in Christ all you need do is repent of your wrong doing and God will most happily and eagerly forgive you .

"If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"

" Come now and let us reason together saith the Lord
though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow
though they be red like crimson they shall be white as wool"

"For Thou O Lord art good and ready to forgive
plentious in mercy , unto all that call upon Thee"

Matt. 11: 28-30 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls

For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

My brother >> Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,

>>that we may obtain mercy,

>>and find grace to help in time of need.

amen amen and amen. Trust God to work it out , trust God to work it out.

He is trustworthy , amen? amen!

God bless you my brother

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dowlers :)

Sorry you're having this traumatic time. Guess nearly all of us have had times when we really regretted what we had done.

I will pray for you, friend, that God give you His guidance and comfort and that He will use this circumstance to reveal His power and love to you. And I'll pray that He will deliver you from the fallout, unless it would be better for you in the long run to experience it. (That's happened to me a few times too.)

I suppose that you are a non-Christian, since you posted your thread in this forum. God does not promise to answer the prayers of unbelievers, though He loves them dearly, and has no favorites. But you will have believers praying for you. And if you want to know how to become a Christian, I and others would be happy to share that information with you.

I noticed in your profile you wanted to know more about Christianity. Please let us know if you have specific questions. Otherwise, here's an excellent workbook you might want to order:
Lewis - Decide for Yourself, a Theological Workbook for People Tired of Being Told What to Believe.

God bless you, friend. I am praying. Aloha in Jesus :wave:

Upvote 0

dowlers

Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
✟15,284.00
Faith
Seeker
I hope those who have replied enter this thread again to read what I have said.

Firstly thank you all for your prayers. Over the past couple of days I would not classify myself anymore as a non-believer. I have felt comfort at times but worry is always at the back of my mind. It is not a fallout that I have been involved in. In my opinion it is worse with what I have done and I have caused someone great pain but they do not hate me for it. This is possible because it has a lot to do with both of us but I am not sure why I do not feel comfortable going into details. I feel shamed for sure.

Thank you all again.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
dowlers,
Of course you don't need to go into detail! You are simply being wise. You show a lot of remorse, and concern over the impact on this person's life. Is there anything you can do to restore the damage or compensate them?

Keep reading the words above as a reminder that God does forgive you. From what He says, it seems that He does not rank one sin higher than another. So if you're feeling guilt, you can take action on making things right, but before God, He makes all things right for you. Accept His forgiveness even when you choose to be mad at yourself. Then allow yourself to move on, letting go of the guilt that you think you should carry. It doesn't help to hold onto it--but show others the humility that you have gained from it.

Yes, may God give you wisdom on what to do, and may he make all things work out for the good!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dowlers, to defray a little of the mystery, I glanced at some of your other posts. I didn't read the responses, so forgive me if I repeat anything others said.

I really appreciated your honesty, and it's refreshing to see someone participate while they are still analyzing what they believe. There is no way that someone can suddenly change their whole thought patterns to fit an organizations--there should be no way. You brought up cults; that is how cults keep such loyalty, by intimidating weaker believers.

Whether you faked your premise or not, gee, I'll bet there were others on the trip who were borderline believers too. Don't be hard on yourself. Do you mind if I quote you?

I want to believe rather than pretend to believe but I have a mind that always questions what I am taught. I cannot be told something and just believe that. I have to understand why something is the way it is to believe, if that makes sense.

That was beautiful.

The culture of Christianity often has methods and processes that we expect others to follow along with. Jesus was vocal about things like this. Although he promoted baptism, he also shook up the religious leaders and slapped their wrists over insincerity and holding people to rules that went beyond scriptures.

When Jesus hung on the cross, a man on a cross beside him gave him some words of sympathy, indicating that he knew Jesus was who he said he was...and Jesus responded, "surely today you'll be with me in paradise."

The man didn't follow the baptism rules, the synagogue rules, circumcision, offerings, four spiritual laws, or confirmation class. He just communicated his understanding to Jesus, and was saved by the limited amount of faith he had.

Luke 23

About serving others in Kenya...it was a wonderful thing you did. Look through the Old Testament, and you will see how passionately our Father defends the poor and gets outraged when people oppress them.

Proverbs 14:31
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Proverbs 17:5
He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.

Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Deuteronomy 24:12
If the man is poor, do not go to sleep with his pledge in your possession.

Deuteronomy 24:14
Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy.

Deuteronomy 24:15
Pay him his wages each day before sunset, because he is poor and is counting on it. Otherwise he may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin.

Matthew 10:32 Every one, therefore, who shall confess in me before men, I also will confess in him before my Father who is in the heavens.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know what you did, but I just want to let you know that one of my best friends now got himself in jail for a terrible crime. He got saved in jail, and God worked on him a LOT. I didn't know him before he was saved, but right now I can't imagine him doing what he did - this is coming from someone who has known him for years. He's got some consequences he's still dealing with, but God gave him grace and hope for his life. He's out of jail now, off probation, and living a new life in God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dowlers

Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
✟15,284.00
Faith
Seeker
dowlers said:

God bless.

Last Saturday brought about the answer to my prayers and thanks to your prayers the situation that I thought may arise did not. It feels like such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am so sorry that I could not tell you of what i have done - I feel too ashamed but I pray that the Lord will forgive me for my mistake.
I pray he will pour blessings down on all of you have prayed for me for I felt comfort throughout last week when I felt worried and anxious.

Thank you to you all and God bless

Dowlers:clap: :)

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dowlers, that's a great relief! Thanks for letting us know.
All of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. That's what forgiveness is for.

It's so easy to slip into worry about being correct, and it is important to avoid sin, but Jesus' redemption covers our stupid decisions, our lies, our greed, and our neglect when we admit our wrong and repent of it.

Upvote 0

Gamedog

Sep 9, 2005
Missouri
✟16,084.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dowlers said:

God bless.

look at my My signature . because if you overcome you problems you will be greatly rewarded. I will pray for you. I also have done things that I greatly regret. I know your position. Bless you:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dodad91

Aug 25, 2005
✟7,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Because God's knows all, see's all, but don't tell all to everybody. We know that by faith believing that we can be forgiven. "Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart, and lean not to your own understanding." So please understand that asking for prayer, as well as praying and believing God that His Will be done is A OKAY!!

Our prayer group will indeed honor your request.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PRAYINGSQUIRREL.gif

Upvote 0
Status