Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh my God! You nailed it! Yes, I'm 95% if not 100% that thing. Which is beneficial in my honest opinion because too many friends = a huge potential for problems. (+ you won't be able to care about all of them at once which will lead to some of them being hurt)

While an introvert pretty much got less problems to worry about. I think the best solution to my case is:

1. Not to isolate myself but to maintain a small circle of friends and try to make it smaller if possible.
2. To be more reserved and self-contained with everyone unless the person meets a particular criteria.

Making the criteria for (2) hard enough will lead to better stability in my relationships and social life I would say because I will make it very hard for someone to get inside my social space yet I will maintain my ability to pursue those whom I'm interested in (and of course they show interest in me).

It seems that we introverts seem to focus more on quality relationships than going for quantity. That can be a great thing, but of course makes it harder to get to know people, or for them to get to know us. But when we do find those few friends that we can call "close", it can be extra hard when we may have to let them go for whatever reason. I think it's one of the reasons introverts are closer to family members than friends since family members usually stick around longer.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All you have to do is ASK! Is it not written James 1 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

No one but no one comes to Christ but by through the sweet sweet Holy Spirit. We can not lead no one. We live for Christ.. an example.. and that SHINE that Christ had that draws all men to Him IS IN YOU! God never uses fear worry doubt etc.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you recovered from this dark pathway! I think I won't isolate myself fully as well, I started backing off the idea of cutting myself from everyone outside my family because: 1. Some of my friends don't deserve that. 2. It has a powerful sense of selfishness to just enjoy myself alone.

However, I cannot deny that my production is much better when I'm alone. I think I study better, my creativity takes its time to be revealed and I feel more free. It could be a result of my mental condition as I avoided people since I was a little child and I rarely approached anyone. (I was bullied a lot as well) But I thank God nothing so serious happened. I thank God those days are gone forever.. I think school might have contributed to my inner sense of isolation. I just saw how manipulative people are.

But yes, one thing I have to admit. Back in last quarter of 2016-first quarter of 2017 when I was on the edge of Atheism, Christians on Christian Forums were a contributing reason I didn't. At that time I thought that Christians are just like any other religion with no harmony between denominations and no acceptance to outsiders. And then I came to CF and saw a powerful amount of acceptance that gave me a lot of hope.

Thank you for sharing your story! And again I'm glad you recovered.

As others have said, you sound like an introvert. I consider myself to be one as well. By all means, take that alone time. It really is vital.

I am glad God used CF to rescue you spiritually! He always draws His wondering sheep back. :) The best to you going forward, no matter what you face.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
As others have said, you sound like an introvert. I consider myself to be one as well. By all means, take that alone time. It really is vital.

I am glad God used CF to rescue you spiritually! He always draws His wondering sheep back. :) The best to you going forward, no matter what you face.

I am glad he is back on CF as well it's a great community here that can help us all grow spiritually. I'm an introvert IRL too so it's always great to meet and talk to fellow Christian's and to grow more spiritually.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yup me too! And I agree about CF, probably my favourite forums ever.

I wouldn't call it my favorite forums but I've been posting here on a d off for like six years. It is nice to meet new Christian's ln here. I just wish I could convince my wife to be active on here again instead of "let's play video games!" XD.

• Haha
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0