Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks to a few factors...the Obamaconomy, the fact that there's been no hurricanes to make landfall in the US in almost 2 years, and my health, I've been out of work since April of last year.

I was previously working as an independent insurance adjuster...but with only a year's experience I knew I wouldn't get a call unless a major storm hit.

This past April I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days and was diagnosed with a heart condition...at the time my doctor didn't really tell me much about it, so I was left thinking the worst case scenario and was making myself sicker than I actually was, due to worry and anxiety...after following up with my doctor (5 months later) I was assured that it was not life threatening, I just needed to take my pill each day and I'd be fine.

So, after five months of "laying on my death bed," I began full force looking for a job again.

Yesterday morning I had a voice mail from the local employment office...gave them a call back and they gave me a lead for a meat cutter job at a new grocery store that's opening up in a town about 20 miles from me...I have five years experience as a meat cutter, haven't cut in about four years though...so I went to the store this morning and spoke with the manager...as long as my drug screen and background check come back clean, which they will, I have the job and start next week. :clap:

Don't know all of the details yet...other than what I'll be making...which isn't what I became accustomed to while working in the insurance industry...but it is a few dollars more per hour than I was making when I left Winn Dixie in '06.

This definitely came from God, I have no doubt...a few days ago while I was praying I told God that I couldn't carry this burden anymore...bills are piling up, Christmas is just around the corner...and I've got two kids that need to be taken care of. Then yesterday the phone call came.

YouTube - Doxology - David Crowder