England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was never a one for falling over or any thing like that,but some years ago,as I was being prayed for,I suddenly found myself being propelled backward in a mighty manifestation of the Holy Spirit. I was not pushed. It was of God and I spent quite some time 'on the carpet' with Him ministering to me.

I had a greater love for God than ever before. His Word became more real to me and many changes took place in my life after. It has not happened too much since but I thank God for that experience.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was never a one for falling over or any thing like that,but some years ago,as I was being prayed for,I suddenly found myself being propelled backward in a mighty manifestation of the Holy Spirit. I was not pushed. It was of God and I spent quite some time 'on the carpet' with Him ministering to me.

I had a greater love for God than ever before. His Word became more real to me and many changes took place in my life after. It has not happened too much since but I thank God for that experience.
Thank you for your response. :)
There were a few times where I was slain in the spirit, and fell, but not each time..It was amazing.
There were times where I saw people literally faking it, and it makes me wonder why they do that.. Is it to get attention, or do they really feel that they need to do it.
I dont know..
I just wanted to get others takes on this.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟35,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have not been slain in the Spirit. I don't know why some people is and other people isn't slain in in the Spirit.

I don't like it when people fake it, but I would like to know why they do it though.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have not been slain in the Spirit. I don't know why some people is and other people isn't slain in in the Spirit.

I don't like it when people fake it, but I would like to know why they do it though.
I absolutely hate it when people fake it, it is so blatently obvious that they are doing it.. The only explanation that I can think of is that they want attention brought on themselves.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟35,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The only explanation that I can think of is that they want attention brought on themselves.

Yeah, I think you are right. Kind of sad really, when you think about it. Jesus want a true and humble heart.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My feelings alternated between crying because the presence of God was so real and I felt so unworthy and tears of laughter,because I was so happy. Ijust felt I was soaking up the amazing love of God. He did a deep work within me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.