USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got into acrylic pour paintings a year or two ago, and fell in love with it! I had to put my hobby on hold for the past year, and tonight was my first foray back into painting again. I love the result and can't wait to do more!

PXL_20201020_002415745.png

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never heard of acrylic pour painting before. I like it, it looks like a painting that the more you look at the more you see and you can imagine all kinds of things in the shapes. Like looking at clouds.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never heard of acrylic pour painting before. I like it, it looks like a painting that the more you look at the more you see and you can imagine all kinds of things in the shapes. Like looking at clouds.

I forget how I came across it, honestly. But it looked so fun and easy, I tried it and I was hooked :) I think it's a fairly new fad. It involves mixing various thicknesses of paints, layering them in various ways, and pouring them onto a canvas (hence the name "pour painting") to create different effects and designs and shapes. It's incredibly addictive :D

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I got into acrylic pour paintings a year or two ago, and fell in love with it! I had to put my hobby on hold for the past year, and tonight was my first foray back into painting again. I love the result and can't wait to do more!

View attachment 286754
If I tell you what I see, does that count as therapy? :idea:

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you pouring the paint on to a medium coated on a surface. or just straight on to a dry surface
Onto a dry, but pre-gessoed canvas :) They come that way from the craft store. But you can also pour down a layer of paint beforehand, and then either let it dry or leave it wet and pour onto it. Lots of ways to do it!

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private