✟8,138.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Yesterday for the first time I attended my local Potters house Church.

The worship was glorifying God and sermon was biblical and preached well.

At the end of the service there was an alter call and the gospel was proclaimed.

Before I left i spoke with the Pastor and he seemed to love Christ and have a passion for

seeing the lost saved and seeing the Saints become more like Christ.

I would like to know more about this church denomination, beliefs, church structure, pros and

cons from people who have first hand experience.

My experience was promising and I can still remember the sermon which is great, however I would like to know more about this church before I go back for another visit.

Kind regards

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,

Yesterday for the first time I attended my local Potters house Church.

The worship was glorifying God and sermon was biblical and preached well.

At the end of the service there was an alter call and the gospel was proclaimed.

Before I left i spoke with the Pastor and he seemed to love Christ and have a passion for

seeing the lost saved and seeing the Saints become more like Christ.

I would like to know more about this church denomination, beliefs, church structure, pros and

cons from people who have first hand experience.

My experience was promising and I can still remember the sermon which is great, however I would like to know more about this church before I go back for another visit.

Kind regards
It's hard to give an opinion based on limited experience. Mine was not so positive. That was years ago and they may well have changed. I found them legalistic and harsh. A lot of the time it depends on the leader. Often first impressions are not enough to discern, as you obviously know.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2019
Victoria
✟8,138.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's hard to give an opinion based on limited experience. Mine was not so positive. That was years ago and they may well have changed. I found them legalistic and harsh. A lot of the time it depends on the leader. Often first impressions are not enough to discern, as you obviously know.

G'day,

Exactly, I want to know if the Potters house is a cult or not.
From my visit yesterday it seems they aren't however I do not know what goes on behind closed doors.
When you google Potters house online only cult articles come up. I truly hope that is not the case.

It's near impossible to find a fundamentalist pentecostal church which has an only male biblical leadership and preaches the gospel and holiness with old fashion hymns.

Regards

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never saw any cultic teachings or behaviors. That can happen with rogue leadership, but it hasn't been my experience (with them).

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
G'day,

From my visit yesterday it seems they aren't however I do not know what goes on behind closed doors.
When you google Potters house online only cult articles come up. I truly hope that is not the case.

It's near impossible to find a fundamentalist pentecostal church which has an only male biblical leadership and preaches the gospel and holiness with old fashion hymns.

Regards
I would not call them a cult any more than any other denomination. Strictly speaking, all denominations are cults. As soon as you differentiate yourself from other Christians, it is wrong in God's sight.

Upvote 0