✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Put a bit on top while you're about it.

Here you go. I just took 20 years off your life so you owe me bigly. :)

upload_2021-5-10_11-1-50.png

OB

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
See Post # 3.

OB

Right, I was implying your post.
But I am still sticking with the way I know (just in case things go back to bein' glitchy again).

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Right, I was implying your post.
But I am still sticking with the way I know (just in case things go back to bein' glitchy again).

Fair enough. It's worked for me for years and it seems to have worked for Christian in Post 7.

One wildcard could be an issue mentioned by @mnorian. It may be that different browsers react differently. I use W10 with the Edge browser. If you use a different browser you may not be able to copy/paste as easily.

OB

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough. It's worked for me for years and it seems to have worked for Christian in Post 7.

One wildcard could be an issue mentioned by @mnorian. It may be that different browsers react differently. I use W10 with the Edge browser. If you use a different browser you may not be able to copy/paste as easily.

OB

Yeah, I am on the MAC/Apple side of things. I have had too many bad things happen with PC's over the years. Once I made the switch to Apple computers, I never went back.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah, I am on the MAC/Apple side of things. I have had too many bad things happen with PC's over the years. Once I made the switch to Apple computers, I never went back.

I think it's what you're used to. I sold tech gear (computers, wi-fi stuff, printers etc.) for years. I was never a fan of Apple based on excessive pricing and problems of Apple OS being incompatible with many tech devices (including some printers) and software. Most of these problems have gone away but I still hear Apple users complaining. Apple was typically over specced for most ordinary users.

OB

• Agree
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's what you're used to. I sold tech gear (computers, wi-fi stuff, printers etc.) for years. I was never a fan of Apple based on excessive pricing and problems of Apple OS being incompatible with many tech devices (including some printers) and software. Most of these problems have gone away but I still hear Apple users complaining. Apple was typically over specced for most ordinary users.

OB

I am not a tech guy. I am just your average person. My experience with PC's has been frustrating and once I made the Apple change, I wish I made it sooner. No virus problems like with PC's. There was no buying a new PC every 2 years. I am on my 2nd MAC and I had each for a good length of time. Yes, Apple can be expensive, but you get your money's worth because they last longer (in my experience). Also, I have the IPad, the Iphone, the Iwatch and so everything communicates naturally together, too. So I like it because of that, as well. In the past, I was able to use intense heavy PC programs on my MAC with Parallels.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OB

I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 series LT with 16GB Ram; new just last fall. It was their high performance LT; the Apple Mac equivalent was twice the price.

After many years of economy HP LT's (which worked fine; for a couple years; then just replace them) This Dell was a revelation.

So fast at video graphics; I would wait around for an image to render in my video editor; thinking it wasn't done; it was faster then my eyes could see.

And the 15.6 in. screen; which is ultra HD; so clear; with the right video input; it looks 3D! :)

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 series LT with 16GB Ram; new just last fall. It was their high performance LT; the Apple Mac equivalent was twice the price.

After many years of economy HP LT's (which worked fine; for a couple years; then just replace them) This Dell was a revelation.

So fast at video graphics; I would wait around for an image to render in my video editor; thinking it wasn't done; it was faster then my eyes could see.

And the 15.6 in. screen; which is ultra HD; so clear; with the right video input; it looks 3D! :)

I have an old HP Pavilion Laptop I throw in the car when I go away for one or more nights. Either that or a Samsung tablet.

My real computer is a desktop Dell XPS 8930, with a 9th gen i7 CPU, 16gb RAM, an NVIDIA GTX1060 GPU and a combination of disk and solid state memory. It's about 9 months old. I have a 27" Dell HD monitor which I am about to upsize. (OK - I'm bragging)

I use the grunt for gaming although, to be honest, I would only have a couple of games which come close to needing the graphic capability I have. I'm more into problem solving games.

I live almost on the beach so I tend to go through PCs (and TVs) every couple of years due to saltwater corrosion. My car is only 6 yrs old and the rust is just starting to show.

OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have an old HP Pavilion Laptop I throw in the car when I go away for one or more nights. Either that or a Samsung tablet.

My real computer is a desktop Dell XPS 8930, with a 9th gen i7 CPU, 16gb RAM, an NVIDIA GTX1060 GPU and a combination of disk and solid state memory. It's about 9 months old. I have a 27" Dell HD monitor which I am about to upsize. (OK - I'm bragging)

I use the grunt for gaming although, to be honest, I would only have a couple of games which come close to needing the graphic capability I have. I'm more into problem solving games.

I live almost on the beach so I tend to go through PCs (and TVs) every couple of years due to saltwater corrosion. My car is only 6 yrs old and the rust is just starting to show.

OB

I had a HP Pavilion G7 Laptop (still got the specs in my paper notebook:)) from about 2012 to 2015; it lasted over 4 years; only had 4GB Ram and a 1,6 GHZ CPU; but I don't do games; so it worked well for web surfing and watching video's. Traded that for another HP LT in 2016; which lasted till last August. So that one lasted almost 5 years; not bad for $300 LT's bought at Christmas time for the discount!:)

The only thing I miss about the HP's; was their built in DVD burners; back then you could download music off Youtube and burn it to a CD ROM disk and play them on your CD player.

Now with everything solid state memory; you have to pay for just about everything; that's why I post so many music videos on CF.

Upvote 0