✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an image from 'Upload a File' next to the 'Create Thread' button:

Nup, no good because it is displayed as an attachment that has to be clicked again. I want my images to be displayed full size and inline. So back to using the 'Image Icon' next to the 'Smilies Icon.'

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Nup, no good because it is displayed as an attachment that has to be clicked again. I want my images to be displayed full size and inline. So back to using the 'Image Icon' next to the 'Smilies Icon.'

Most of the time I just use "Copy" (CONTROL + C) and "Paste" (CONTROL + V) straight into the page. You can usually get a "Copy Image" option by right clicking on the image

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most of the time I just use "Copy" (CONTROL + C) and "Paste" (CONTROL + V) straight into the page. You can usually get a "Copy Image" option by left clicking on the image
OB
Good tips, but here in the Northern Hemisphere it is a "right" click that brings up options. Of course the OB is in NZ, so maybe that's right. Sorry OB I'm still thinking of black swans...:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I download to phone and upload file. You can go full image or thumbnail that way. I also copy url link and paste in the picture box. I've been posting pretty pics lately. LOL
downloadfile-2.jpg

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Good tips, but here in the Northern Hemisphere it is a "right" click that brings up options. Sorry OB I'm still thinking of black swans...:)

Oops. Thanks Jacks,

I'm naturally right-handed but I use a mouse in my left hand using reversed buttons.

Combine that with being in an upside down hemisphere and I sometimes get a bout of left/right button confusion. I should have said your 'other' button.

Another easy way to copy an image is to use snip'n'sketch to 'cut out' useful bits of a page - requires an Edge browser.

OB

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is an image from 'Upload a File' next to the 'Create Thread' button:

In the past, I had problems with uploading photos the easy way. So the work around at that time was to upload your photos to the Media section, and then copy and paste the code of that image into your post. I have gotten used to doing that way, but another poster here said there is an easier way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
In the past, I had problems with uploading photos the easy way. So the work around at that time was to upload your photos to the Media section, and then copy and paste the code of that image into your post. I have gotten used to doing that way, but another poster here said there is an easier way.

See Post # 3.

OB

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
images

Straightforward "copy image"

View attachment 298886
Snipped using rectangular tool from snip'n'sketch app

View attachment 298887
Snipped using freehand tool from snip'n'sketch app

OB

OB; are you using a mobile phone?

I ask; because using my PC LT; I have to do like was stated above; click on the "Image icon" which pops up this box; where I then click on the
1--"Upload a file--
2--then Choose file
3--pick file from my video/pic editor on Win10
4--it auto inserts into the reply area
5--hit reply and it's on the thread; like here:
346897_de12a7c8931e38c94bc331c03a578e42.png

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of the time I just use "Copy" (CONTROL + C) and "Paste" (CONTROL + V) straight into the page. You can usually get a "Copy Image" option by right clicking on the image

OB

This hasn't worked for me for years; C&P; it used to; but they changed the software a d since then you have to have it on your PC.

Mobile Phones; when you right click on an image and hit Copy; they automatically download it to the phone OS; so when you click paste; it auto attaches it.

At least that how a Xenforo tech told me they worked.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
OB; are you using a mobile phone?

I ask; because using my PC LT; I have to do like was stated above; click on the "Image icon" which pops up this box; where I then click on the
1--"Upload a file--
2--then Choose file
3--pick file from my video/pic editor on Win10
4--it auto inserts into the reply area
5--hit reply and it's on the thread; like here:
346897_de12a7c8931e38c94bc331c03a578e42.png

No @mnorian I'm strictly a PC/laptop/tablet user - mainly PC. At my advanced age mobile screens are too small and the onscreen keypads too fiddly. :(

The method you've listed sounds convoluted - surely there's an easier way?

OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No @mnorian I'm strictly a PC/laptop/tablet user - mainly PC. At my advanced age mobile screens are too small and the onscreen keypads too fiddly. :(

The method you've listed sounds convoluted - surely there's an easier way?

OB

Yes; I have tried using a smart phone just a couple months ago; and couldn't get it to do nothing; not even dial a number! :eek:

Like you said; screens too small; keypads too touchy. And you have to hold the phone by the side; and don't bump anything on the screen when your trying to dial; or do a map search; or everything you just did will disappear!:mad::confused:

Yes; it is convoluted; but that's the way our tech admin; said to do it.

The reason they changed it; from C&P; to using an attachment is; with C&P the image stays on CF's server;

even if the thread and images are deleted later. But with attachments; the image and file is deleted; saving them a lot of data MB's.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
This hasn't worked for me for years; C&P; it used to; but they changed the software a d since then you have to have it on your PC.

Mobile Phones; when you right click on an image and hit Copy; they automatically download it to the phone OS; so when you click paste; it auto attaches it.

At least that how a Xenforo tech told me they worked.

I use CONTROL + C/V to copy/paste just about everything/ I occasionally use the Edge Snip app if I want part of an image or a table but it's still essentially straightforward Copy/Paste. I haven't used the CF Insert file thing for years.

I'm using W10 with the Edge browser. Everything picture I've added to this thread (or others) is either straight copy/paste or snip then Copy/Paste.

OB

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use CONTROL + C/V to copy/paste just about everything/ I occasionally use the Edge Snip app if I want part of an image or a table but it's still essentially straightforward Copy/Paste. I haven't used the CF Insert file thing for years.

I'm using W10 with the Edge browser. Everything picture I've added to this thread (or others) is either straight copy/paste or snip then Copy/Paste.

OB

Ahh; that's the difference; I use Vivaldi; a Chrome-like derivative.

I have tried to use Edge last year; when they did the new up-grade; it works well for somethings; but not for doing my Admin job.

It has too many ads; it is not secure enough (Vivaldi doesn't get into your privacy like Chrome) and then Microsoft wants to share everything with the cloud.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too late.

I believe they have my picture on a sign at the Pearly Gates tagged:

"Not To Be Admitted Under Any Circumstances"
OB :(
I think we all may be surprised who gets in and who doesn't. In any case, maybe we can get you a Guest Pass.

Upvote 0