Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, this is the same song with drums:
Vocaroo | Voice message

My grandpa is here for the weekend, and asked me to play them for him. It's even rougher than the guitar recordings, but it's just for fun. :)

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
This is an original song titled Trinkets I wrote ages ago, but it's on my mind today because it's Family Weekend at my school and I'm performing it at a little event. It's my mom's favorite, haha.

I literally just recorded these because I'm playing around with the song, so they're unpolished and incomplete, haha.

Vocaroo | Voice message
Vocaroo | Voice message

Are the 2 guitar tracks covers of your original song??? Like!

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is an original song titled Trinkets I wrote ages ago, but it's on my mind today because it's Family Weekend at my school and I'm performing it at a little event. It's my mom's favorite, haha.

I literally just recorded these because I'm playing around with the song, so they're unpolished and incomplete, haha.

Vocaroo | Voice message
Vocaroo | Voice message
I really enjoyed this song, and you have a very engaging presence. I hope you have more music to share!:thumbsup::)

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of this stuff is professionally recorded so keep that in mind.

Oldmangrady
I was able to listen to a few of your songs. What really struck me was the sonic difference between (just for example) "Lift Your Voice" and "Beautiful." "Beautiful" sounds great, and definitely sounds more like a commercial production, but I still like the raw feel of "Lift Your Voice."

I would love to hear a more upfront, solid bass line on "Lift Your Voice." On the few songs I heard, including "Lift," I think it would help to raise the level of your vocal. Keep making music!

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="SoundCloud Widget"></iframe>

(Sorry about the awkward URL; it usually just embeds the song. Just click on the part that says, "SoundCloud Widget")

First time posting my music here! Here's a song titled "JOY!" that I wrote and produced. I guess you'd call it R&B Gospel, or maybe urban gospel; I get confused by so many sub-genres!

It's my own home studio recording with a vintage synth, a few synth modules, drum machines and a sampler. Recording is done on a 16-track hardware digital recorder. When necessary, post-production (which consists of extra EQ fine tuning and overall volume adjustment) is done on computer.

I have a very direct style of producing. I've found that it helps my sound cut through, as opposed to using a lot of panning, reverb, etc. The more lush, spacious kind of sound doesn't really fit my music.

I'm very open to suggestions, e.g., do you think my music could use a more spacious sound, do any parts need to be pulled back or brought more upfront, or...whatever!

Thanks for listening!

"JOY!"

The gift of joy is precious
Because it comes from Jesus
Joy is everlasting
Because it comes from the true King
Joy is greater than the moment
That's because it's heaven-sent
Trust in God and believe it
And you're sure to receive it

(Chorus)
Come let us share our joy
With every girl and boy
Come let us spread the love
From the Lord above
Come let us kneel and pray
Be grateful every day
And thank the Lord above
For giving us His love

Joy is with us always
Even through the dark days
Earthly pleasures don't last
Heaven's joy is steadfast
Take His joy into your heart
Give your life a new start
It will leave you never
The wealth of joy is forever

(Repeat chorus twice)

JOY! (repeat 8 times)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PRAISE

Here's another original song, titled "Praise."

"Praise"

Let the music praise Him!

Father, Son and Holy Ghost
We are here to praise Thee
We'll sing along with the heavenly host
Because You're so amazing
If we took time to count the ways
That You are worthy of all our praise
We would count 'til the end of days
So let's count our blessings now
And let the music praise Him!

Father, Son and Holy Ghost
We raise our voices to Thee
Praise be to You so that none may boast
Your strength is flowing through me
All the blessings that come our way
Make us grateful enough to pray
Sometimes it's hard to know what to say
So let the musicians play
Let the music praise Him!

Praise to the Father
Praise to the Son
Praise to the Spirit
All three in one
(repeat once)

Praise God!

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a version of "Silent Night" I did back in 2000 on a Tascam 424 4-track cassette recorder. The recording is far from perfect (you'll notice that I could have used a good pop filter for the vocals!), but I like the overall sound and feel of it so much that I decided not to do a new recording. I remastered the original 2000 recording, and here it is, full mix then just vocals:

Silent Night

Silent Night (a cappella)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 30, 2017
Sacramento
✟33,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wrote and played this one a number of years ago. It's kind of special to me. It elicits the emotion of a Spiritual Adventure.
All four of your tracks sound great! I think you could make a living composing movie and video game soundtracks/scores.

Upvote 0

Jair Crawford

Feb 9, 2018
Augusta, GA
✟29,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is my Choral Fantasy for Choir and String Orchestra: A Meditation on Psalm 139

Two streamable MP3s (one live and the other with VST virtual instruments) are in the link along with a PDF of the music score. (All at the bottom of the page). :)

Choral Fantasy For Choir And String Orchestra - A Meditation On Psalm 139

"Re-uploading this from the archives if it's alright.

I have a real recording, and a Sibelius Essentials recording of the piece. The real recording was recorded at my senior recital and there are some technical flaws, but it is still a performance I will never forget.

This piece is for Choir and String Orchestra... I put that in the title because, it is more than simply a choir piece with string accompaniment, the choir and the strings are equally important and complement each other. The piece is a religious work, but stylistically it takes a lot of film music influences.

The piece is set to text from Psalm 139, my favorite chapter of Scripture, and this is probably the most personal piece I've written so far.

Here's a little bit more about the background of this piece (copy/pasted from the comment archives):

I wrote the essentials of this piece during the summer of 2011. I'd been tweaking it since then up until April 2013 when I had my senior recital. During the summer of 2011 I was going through a lot of anxiety, and one of the reasons was, I had finished my third year of college as a composition major, and I had basically completed nothing as far as compositions. I was almost booted out of the composition department at the end of the school year because of it, but, after a day my composition professor changed his mind and decided we would give it another try. He had me going back to the basics and was sending me some exercises over the summer, cause I didn't really feel like I knew what I was doing...

While all this was going on... I thought to myself that I had always wanted to try to write something set to the text of Psalm 139, my favorite chapter in all of the Bible. So I sat down, and, I thought... I wanted it to start off sounding a bit uncertain... but then when the words come in I want it to sound like coming to peace. And, well I just can't explain it, I started writing the intro and I shocked myself. It was better than anything I had attempted for string ensemble in the past by a lot... and then the "O Lord' ostinato just came to me after the intro closed, and I wrote the music up to "You perceive my thoughts from afar".

So I had that much of it done, and I sent it to my composition professor along with the first exercise. He said "forget about the exercises, keep working on this."

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think!

Choral Fantasy For Choir And String Orchestra - A Meditation On Psalm 139

(c) 2013 Jair W. Crawford"

Upvote 0

electron7

Sep 24, 2015
✟15,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello world and electronic music lovers!

I present to you the new album release of electron7.

“A new heaven”

The album is available for purchase in the bandcamp store!
https://electron7.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-heaven

Check it out!
Comments and reviews are always welcome!

electron7

Upvote 0