Post-Denominationalism

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,698.00
Faith
Non-Denom
With the exception of Luther, I can't think of any Reformers that had apostolic succession.

You ought to learn more about the Reformers. Although some came close to being ordained following higher education in Catholic seminaries and universities and did not, many were ordained when they left the Catholic Church.

Menno Simons was ordained as a Catholic priest - Menno Simons - Wikipedia

Huldrych Zwingli was an ordained priest in Switzerland - Huldrych Zwingli - Wikipedia

Jan Hus was also ordained as a Catholic priest - Huldrych Zwingli - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You ought to learn more about the Reformers. Although some came close to being ordained following higher education in Catholic seminaries and universities and did not, many were ordained when they left the Catholic Church.

Menno Simons was ordained as a Catholic priest - Menno Simons - Wikipedia

Huldrych Zwingli was an ordained priest in Switzerland - Huldrych Zwingli - Wikipedia

Jan Hus was also ordained as a Catholic priest - Huldrych Zwingli - Wikipedia
Thank you for the info on Zwingli! I've never heard of Simons. I though Hus was before Luther.

I'm sure you realize that the great Heretics are exceptions to the rule. Arius was a priest as well.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,698.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you for the info on Zwingli! I've never heard of Simons. I though Hus was before Luther.

I'm sure you realize that the great Heretics are exceptions to the rule. Arius was a priest as well.

Yes, Hus was prior to Luther and rarely receives the credit he deserves in paving the way for the Reformation.

The problem here is that theological training and ordination by a man having apostolic succession is absolutely no guarantee of a qualified teacher or church leader.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem here is that theological training and ordination by a man having apostolic succession is absolutely no guarantee of a qualified teacher or church leader.
Theological training and ordination are a must. A man without these does not have apostolic succession.

Upvote 0