Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Loving the gardening pics. Our garden has mostly been taken over by weeds, but somehow stuff is still growing. :oldthumbsup::seedling:

I present to you pics of a tomato, eggplant, blooming catnip plant and a tiny melon.
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

The trellis usually used for cucumbers has also been taken over by weeds, but it reminds me of one of those Spanish-esque grapevine shading devices, or like a secret hideaway you can escape to. Also noticing random sunflowers growing throughout the area.
5.jpg 6.jpg

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This was something i started last summer but had to stop so i could get ready 6 or 7 paintings that a lady purchased last summer. So as soon as summer came back around, i started back up and i am close to completion. 8' 6"x 6" pine timbers over all size of the bed is 12'x12'

View attachment 301470

View attachment 301471

And a smaller project from some scrap wood (treated pine deck board) i was given. Made two little square plant and pot bases

View attachment 301472

I love it! So nice. I really hope you have a plentiful harvest.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ran almost 8 Miles through lightning storm off and on and saving turtles along the way. Found a hidden Lake in a place that said it was a colony. It was kind of weird because there was no trespassing signs but roads and Y2K was next to the colony name.
IMG_20210629_165501.jpg
IMG_20210629_174217.jpg

IMG_20210629_174821.jpg
IMG_20210629_182325.jpg

IMG_20210629_185432.jpg

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I bet the turtles were appreciative. :oldthumbsup:
Yes! It's my first time doing that. I think if I was by myself I would have kept moving on. But my friend said something about saving the turtle. I wanted to keep running but then I thought, oh good picture opportunity. I know I'm superficial. But then I enjoyed it and I probably will think about that more in the future. I'm not as sensitive to nature as I probably should be. It was an amazing experience. Especially the big turtle that had claws and put up a big fight. That one I had spotted in my car and flagged my friend down in her car to stop and we both put our four ways on to get the turtle off the road with a snow brush. Had to be careful since we had our recovery sandals on and it could get our toes.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I love it! So nice. I really hope you have a plentiful harvest.

Thank you, i am going to put tomatoes there. Over the years the trees surrounding this area, have grown a good bit more. So the area does not get as much light as it used to

I have been working in the back yard lately trying to design it for possible use as a backyard area to do paintings, either outdoor still lives or just backyard landscapes. Which i have used in the past, but now trying to add a few more possibilities.

Statue morning light++.jpg

Duck backyard aftrenoon stillife++.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can not see the head on the last turtle, that looks like a snapping turtle.
I think so. One other picture I had that's from the front is too large to upload. Does this help?
IMG_20210629_185708.jpg
IMG_20210629_185424.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes ( i was about 99% sure from the first photo) that is a snapping turtle, keep your fingers away from their mouth.
I just watched a video on moving them. Do not grab them by the tail also. My friends boyfriend said to do that. There's some interesting techniques I learned like getting them on your car mat.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes! It's my first time doing that. I think if I was by myself I would have kept moving on. But my friend said something about saving the turtle. I wanted to keep running but then I thought, oh good picture opportunity. I know I'm superficial. But then I enjoyed it and I probably will think about that more in the future. I'm not as sensitive to nature as I probably should be. It was an amazing experience. Especially the big turtle that had claws and put up a big fight. That one I had spotted in my car and flagged my friend down in her car to stop and we both put our four ways on to get the turtle off the road with a snow brush. Had to be careful since we had our recovery sandals on and it could get our toes.
Don't be superficial. =P

It is inspiring. In my own way I like respecting nature and wildlife, even in my most recent trip to the beach. I caught small wild crabs and fish in the ocean, and kept a make-shift aquarium while I was there. Then eventually released them back into the ocean as I knew they would die if I kept them too long.

But I think it's admirable what y'all did, and it was wise to be careful. Never know if it's a snapping turtle lol.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I just watched a video on moving them. Do not grab them by the tail also. My friends boyfriend said to do that. There's some interesting techniques I learned like getting them on your car mat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One word, respect! Pretty good video and it does show the strength that I saw of that huge turtle when I tried to move it. I am not getting my hands anywhere near the shell as I seen in other videos. And I did realize when I put the stick near that I could turn its head right around and was not going to put my hands on that shell. And the feet were massively strong.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One word, respect! Pretty good video and it does show the strength that I saw of that huge turtle when I tried to move it. I am not getting my hands anywhere near the shell as I seen in other videos. And I did realize when I put the stick near that I could turn its head right around and was not going to put my hands on that shell. And the feet were massively strong.

That is the good part about videos, like this young fellow. Turtles have the reputation of being slow, but as can be seen in his videos. A snapper is anything but slow with his head and their thrusting and movement of the head when biting.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm at a random AA meeting, and wow, what a view!

View attachment 301591 View attachment 301592

Kinda hard to see, I'll post better ones in a bit.

I forgot to take better ones..sry.

Basically, it was a new view for me, of the San Diego skyline, inlets, and the Pacific Ocean.

It was a simple, laid back meeting made up of mostly older folks.

I have to do 18 months of dui classes...

My last DUI was in 2006... slowly but surely cleaning up my commercial act...for now...

Even Neo had to plug in for a bit--to fully unplug later...as I like to say.

Upvote 0