Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Admins and Advisors are considering changes for the Life Stages area. These forums would stay the same but may be subtitled in an area called Relationships:

• Singles
  • Courting Couples
  • Married Couples
  • Parenting
  • Widow/Widowers

These forums will change:

• Young Adults
  • Roaring Twenties
  • Terrific Thirties
  • Fabulous Forties
  • Golden Eagles 50+

Replace with:

• GEN Z------------ born 1999 to 2015.
  • MILLENNIALS--- born 1984 to 1998.
  • GEN X ------------ born 1965 to 1983.
  • Golden Eagles-------- born 1946 to 1964 but will include anyone 50 and up as of 2019
There are a few reasons for this. First, this will solve the issue of friends aging out of a given forum that is strictly moderated by age. Second, some forums are not very active as the focus is too limiting, and this may provide more people in each of the subforums participating in the discussions.
As to Golden Eagles, since it has been active, we do not want to change it by cutting out those who are 50 - 54 in 2019 who have been participating there. Therefore, anyone who is 50 and up in 2019 will be able to participate in that forum.

Once the change is made, we will start threads in Gen Z, Millennials and Gen X for suggestions for names for the forums and then do a poll. The members of that forum can select the name they like most.

We plan to leave Teens as it is.

Last edited:

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you would name the forums after the generations, but the "Golden Eagles" forum remained the same. The dates you put for them (1946-1964) are the Baby Boomer generation.

We had a discussion about that; and it was decided to keep the name "Golden Eagles" as we were going to allow the 50+ members to still post here.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Relationships is an odd name for that grouping. And there’s no cohesive banner you can use. Life stages is apropos.
  • I think Singles should remain as is.
  • Courting Couples could be renamed Dating as a gathering place for those in relationships. Many associate courting with a serious commitment.
  • The remaining three are fine as is.
I have mixed feelings about the age-based forums. On the one hand I understand them and on the other it limits engagement. It’s a catch-22.

~Bella

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We already had limits in engagements. There were complaints regarding Teens and members aging out of teens and losing the ability to talk in the same forum. Instead, there will be Teens but also Gen Z.
Folks will not be aging out the 20's forum because they are 30, etc.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Relationships is an odd name for that grouping. And there’s no cohesive banner you can use. Life stages is apropos.
  • I think Singles should remain as is.
  • Courting Couples could be renamed Dating as a gathering place for those in relationships. Many associate courting with a serious commitment.
  • The remaining three are fine as is.
I have mixed feelings about the age-based forums. On the one hand I understand them and on the other it limits engagement. It’s a catch-22.

~Bella
Singles will remain as it is. For now we are not changing
  • Singles
  • Courting Couples
  • Married Couples
  • Parenting
  • Widow/Widowers
and I will add Teens to that.

What term do you suggest?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We aren't set on the name. Life stages is a great term.

We may split the Life stages forums though in 2 under the term Life stages. Generations will be good for one.
But it is still being discussed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think it's a great idea to have life stages sorted by generational titles so that people can remain in their group and the group will age with them.

One change you might consider is that I've seen threads (just popped in via new threads) where singles or those dating ask questions that could better be addressed by someone who is already experienced in marriage or longer-term relationships. I don't know if you have plans for such an area?

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for leaving "Golden Eagles" as is since we might have a hard time remembering the new name :D

Are you saying us oldbies are forgetful? I might be offended by that--but first you would need to tell me--is that the right response to...ahh...ahh...what did you say now? o_O:confused:--Oh! never mind. :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Because I'm old it's taken me this long to realise that people will be able to stay with their groups beyond the previous age limit! As we don't age-out, except by going to Glory, it doesn't really affect us so I'm happy with it. I assume you will be bringing in newer generations as they appear. Thanks for letting us know FreeinChrist. :)

Upvote 0