Popeyes restaurant in St. Louis has sign saying new management won't serve white people

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's okay everyone, it was just a prank.

A photo of the sign quickly spread through social media and on Wednesday the restaurant closed, but people were reportedly still going through the line to see the viral sign. It said, "Effective 6-1-21 ... This restaurant is under new management and will reserve the right to refuse service to white people. We apologize for any inconvenience. Signed, general manager, Mason."

Police say the business had no idea the sign was posted there.

The (real) manager said video shows an unidentified person posting the sign.

Glad we could clear that up with no harm done. Oh wait, the manager "also said he had to close today because of all the backlash they're getting."

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As one of my family members would say, "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear."

We live in very tense times. Pranks like these are certainly NOT appreciated, and for very good reason.

18-19 A person shouldn’t trick his neighbor
and then say, “I was just joking!”
That is like a madman shooting
deadly, burning arrows.
~Proverbs 26:18-19 (ICB)

Proverbs 26:18-19 ICB;NIV;NKJV;KJV - A person shouldn’t trick his neighbor - Bible Gateway

Forgive me if this post is 'glitchy,' for lack of a better word. Just discovered a new feature on another website, and I am testing this out.

On May 27, 2021, at roughly 10:10 PM Eastern Time, I have improved the quality of writing in this post. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a flawed human being who is predisposed towards selfishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0