Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, apparently some bad players can get in and manipulate or exploit such a noble cause by political machinations. But the racism of Floyd's death (made obvious by Derek Chauvin's skin color - Pope Francis approves this message) calls for radical and extreme measures to be celebrated by Catholics the world over.

Like anyone beholden to the leftist state, when things done for the left go sour, it's always someone else's fault. When bucking the Left, for even the best of reasons - like worried about feeding your family - it's because you're a selfish devil who likely doesn't care about starving people in the developing world. Pope Francis can obviously tell the difference.

Oh, and Pope Francis also says shorten work days. With production and transportation grinding to a halt and even items of necessity becoming scarce, that's a bit like telling the Titanic to avoid the iceberg instead of hitting it head on.

Nonetheless, he's the pope God has seen fit to allow for our time. Rather than cheer him on blindly as the Catholic left will no doubt do, I prefer to wonder what the Church has done to warrant this period in its history.

Continued below.
Daffey Thoughts: Pope Francis praises the George Floyd protests as true Good Samaritans

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Stop the press! Marxists are endorsing the riots caused by their cancel culture minions. Who couldve anticipated such an surprising turn of events... ? :swoon:

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
And I was so proud of him when he stood up against the Jews, proclaiming the Gospel clearly. Oh well. If I had to choose, I'd rather he stand up for Christ and George Floyd than give into unbelievers. Do they even have white supremacists in Rome? Could he just be ignorant?
Sure, apparently some bad players can get in and manipulate or exploit such a noble cause by political machinations. But the racism of Floyd's death (made obvious by Derek Chauvin's skin color - Pope Francis approves this message) calls for radical and extreme measures to be celebrated by Catholics the world over.

Like anyone beholden to the leftist state, when things done for the left go sour, it's always someone else's fault. When bucking the Left, for even the best of reasons - like worried about feeding your family - it's because you're a selfish devil who likely doesn't care about starving people in the developing world. Pope Francis can obviously tell the difference.

Oh, and Pope Francis also says shorten work days. With production and transportation grinding to a halt and even items of necessity becoming scarce, that's a bit like telling the Titanic to avoid the iceberg instead of hitting it head on.

Nonetheless, he's the pope God has seen fit to allow for our time. Rather than cheer him on blindly as the Catholic left will no doubt do, I prefer to wonder what the Church has done to warrant this period in its history.

Continued below.
Daffey Thoughts: Pope Francis praises the George Floyd protests as true Good Samaritans

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
You know, I really am starting to wonder about that man..... :sigh:
I left the RC soon after the Pachamama showed up. That, like kissing the Koran and joint prayer services are a kick in the pants of actual Faith. But most of this stuff is political and he's allowed to be politically wrong. Christ didn't promise Peter or the apostles that they wouldn't be leftists or the divine right for that matter.:liturgy: At the most supporting George Floyd may be a venial sin, if it's a sin at all.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Another thought, or two actually.

1) When the Western half of the Roman empire fell, the bishops filled the vacuum. They had to. There were no actual countries. Who else was suppose to care for the people Rome left behind?
2) The bishop of Rome is the sole Patriarch of the West. That is a lot of people, especially if you add on the Americas. One man for millions. It's insane. I'm surprised that he does as good as he does. We've all heard the expression, 'Do one thing well or many things wrong'.

So maybe leniency for him? Idk, I'm not Catholic anymore.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You know, I really am starting to wonder about that man..... :sigh:
We get the pope we deserve. But if we pray hard enough maybe it won't be so bad.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
We get the pope we deserve. But if we pray hard enough maybe it won't be so bad.
:scratch: Pope Francis is not a punishment. You didn't do anything wrong Chevy. God is not punishing you or your Church.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
:scratch: Pope Francis is not a punishment. You didn't do anything wrong Chevy. God is not punishing you or your Church.

Punishment, nah... I dont think so. Another heretic and a dreadful pope is more likely. God has put us through similar trials in the past and we're still here. We'll outlive the pachamama-worshiper too. It will just feel like an eternity and he'll most likely live to be a hundred before we finally have another conclave to replace him.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums