PA usa
✟18,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I applaud this change. "Vicar" is derived from a word that means substitute. No human should be claiming to stand in for Christ on the earth. Lord Jesus represents His people to God. We do not need a man-appointed man to do that job. It's already taken.

I agree. It was Pope Gregory VII, 11th century, who first claimed the title "Vicar of Christ" from the forged False Decretals. Previously, the title had been "Vicar of St. Peter." I have always viewed the pope as the administrative head of the RC church, rather than the "vicar" of anything.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
by Geoffrey Grider April 4, 2020

Archbishop Viganò said it’s as if Pope Francis now views himself as becoming “master of the Church, free to demolish it from within without having to answer to anyone. In short, a tyrant,” he said.
Roman Catholics from deep within the Vatican are sounding the alarm bells today because Pope Francis is once again doing wacky, end times stuff. Today’s story comes from an article on the Catholic site Life Site News from a statement they received from Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò. Viganò is quite alarmed that Pope Francis has dropped the title ‘Vicar of Christ’ in the annual Vatican Yearbook, and instead has listed himself in ‘his own name’ of Jorge Mario Bergoglio. Life Site News and Viganò are rightly alarmed by this breach of long-standing Vatican protocol, but if they knew anything about bible prophecy, they’d really be quaking in their boots. What Pope Francis did is a prophecy of Antichrist!
“But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” John 5:42,43 (KJB)
Vatican Watchers Stunned As Pope Francis Drops Title 'Vicar Of Christ' Assumes Power As Jorge Mario Bergoglio In 'His Own Name' Fulfilling John 5:43 Prophecy Of Antichrist • Now The End Begins
Vigano is a familiar name, because of the repeated ways he himself has been in the news, such as receiving "gifts" (!?) from Bishop Bransfield.

This was really striking all by itself, because how is it someone that is "Christian" and not starving or homeless or sick or such thinks he should ever receive "gifts" of large money amounts taken from donations to the Church to begin with, donations made to be to the Church generally, presumably for real needs....?

To ever accept such 'gifts'. Regardless of whether the gifts were from a bishop caught in crimes (as Bransield later was). Regardless. That's not even relevant in the end.

To even accept any such large money gift ever that was money that was really from donations to the church....

???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you all have an opinion about this news?
I really am not knowledgable about this but if I were going to research it I would go find the original article published in Life Site News.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no genre less qualified to render intelligent insight regarding antichrist than that of contemporary dispensationalism, whose counterfeit futurism originates in the counter-reformation of the historical apostate papacy, and its Jesuit disciple Francisco Ribera, the father of futurism.

The Reformers accurately recognized the apostate papacy as the predominant antichrist of their era.

The definition of "vicar" in "vicar of Christ", and "anti" in "antichrist", both incorporate the meaning of "a substitute".

The title "vicar of Christ" is an arrogation of spiritual authority within the spiritual temple of the Church, as presaged by the Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

Thus the current papacy's abandonment, if true, of the title, finally now reflects its recognition that no human or human institution can, or ever could, claim such a role.

Such understanding is lost upon contemporary dispensationalism's incomprehension regarding the prophetic meaning, history, and significance of "antichrist".

Mockery is a sure confirmation of said incomprehension.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
by Geoffrey Grider April 4, 2020

Archbishop Viganò said it’s as if Pope Francis now views himself as becoming “master of the Church, free to demolish it from within without having to answer to anyone. In short, a tyrant,” he said.
Roman Catholics from deep within the Vatican are sounding the alarm bells today because Pope Francis is once again doing wacky, end times stuff. Today’s story comes from an article on the Catholic site Life Site News from a statement they received from Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò. Viganò is quite alarmed that Pope Francis has dropped the title ‘Vicar of Christ’ in the annual Vatican Yearbook, and instead has listed himself in ‘his own name’ of Jorge Mario Bergoglio. Life Site News and Viganò are rightly alarmed by this breach of long-standing Vatican protocol, but if they knew anything about bible prophecy, they’d really be quaking in their boots. What Pope Francis did is a prophecy of Antichrist!
“But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” John 5:42,43 (KJB)
Vatican Watchers Stunned As Pope Francis Drops Title 'Vicar Of Christ' Assumes Power As Jorge Mario Bergoglio In 'His Own Name' Fulfilling John 5:43 Prophecy Of Antichrist • Now The End Begins

It's funny that this article refers to the Catholic LifeSiteNews but never provided the link to the article. If the article did, it would show that Pope Francis is a bad guy who is making the Catholic LESS Catholic and MORE Protestant. So if Francis is the Antichrist because he is making the Catholic Church more Protestant, then this is not saying anything good of Protestantism.

Here is the article:

Abp Viganò: Has Pope Francis now ‘disavowed’ being Vicar of Christ?

Here is one quote from the article

The title “Vicar of Jesus Christ” stems from Holy Scripture where Jesus granted St. Peter the power of the keys in the Church.

What Protestant church believes that the title "Vicar of Christ" is supported in Holy Scripture? So should not Protestants cheer him on for getting rid of this title instead of calling him the Antichrist?

What Protestant pastor calls himself the "Vicar of Christ"? There is none. This is one of many ways that our current pope along with the liberal clergy that support him are seeking to Protestantize the Catholic Church. They abolished the Latin Mass, altar rails, and receiving the Eucharist on the tongue in Catholic Churches to make Sunday worship closer to the Sunday worship of Protestant churches. Francis has sought to get rid of priestly celibacy, and there is no other Protestant denomination that requires celibacy of the clergy. Francis has allowed married couples who were previously married to others to receive communion without an annulment. Francis has declared that God has willed the diversity of religions, denying the Catholic traditional teaching that God has willed only one religion and only one church within that religion - Christianity and the Catholic Church.

Do not get me wrong here. I am not defending Pope Francis. As a traditional Catholic I oppose many of things he has said and done. But if he is the Antichrist then his influence came from Protestantism, not Catholicism!

Upvote 0