Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
>>>Cardinal Robert Sarah firmly rejects Fiducia Supplicans, saying: “To maintain peace and unity in truth, we must refuse to argue with the divider, we must respond to confusion with the word of God.”
He adds: “I must thank the episcopal conferences that have already carried out this work of truth, in particular those of Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria, whose decisions and firm opposition to the Fiducia Supplicans Declaration I share and make my own.”<<<

Looks as if Frankie has another "schism" on his hands: the African bishops are having none of this nonsense.

I wonder if Frank will come down hard on these prelates, or will he blithely dismiss it like he's doing with the schism in Germany? (I think I can already predict the answer to that.)
It seems pope Francis is the one in schism. Hmmm. How does that work?

His best play, if he doesn't want to be seen as the leader of his own little schism. is to throw cardinal Fernandez under the bus soon. But his M.O. is to double down in support of the unsupportable (eg Rupnik et al) for as long as he can.

Germany isn't in official schism until pope Francis says so. Same for the many bishops standing up against FS. It's up to him to declare who is in schism and who is still in the bosom of the Church.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some reason, the Bellamy Brothers suddenly began coursing through my head:

"He's an old hippie
And he don't know what to do;
Should he hang on to the old
Should he grab on to the new?

He's an old hippie
This new life is just a bust;
He ain't tryin' to change nobody
He's just tryin' real hard to adjust."

Of course, in Francis' case, maybe the last four lines should be:

"He's an old hippie
The old Mass is such a bust;
He's tryin' so had to change us
And the Church just refuses to adjust." ^_^

I know the Jesuits had quite the heyday back in the Summer of Love, but that was a looooooong time ago.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I certainly would not write [that] now,” Cardinal Fernández, who serves as the prefect for the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, told Crux, noting that he had written the book when he was younger.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
“I certainly would not write [that] now,” Cardinal Fernández, who serves as the prefect for the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, told Crux, noting that he had written the book when he was younger.
So he admitted he wrote it. I expected blustery denial and threats of libel lawsuits.

I wonder if there are OTHER smut books out there he managed to hide better than this one? It has to be asked based on how he hid this one.

I don’t see how he is fit to be a cardinal, let alone a priest. Is it just me?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So he admitted he wrote it. I expected blustery denial and threats of libel lawsuits.

I wonder if there are OTHER smut books out there he managed to hide better than this one? It has to be asked based on how he hid this one.

I don’t see how he is fit to be a cardinal, let alone a priest. Is it just me?
No it is not just you. It just keeps getting more bizarre.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it is not just you. It just keeps getting more bizarre.
It's like I said before: sexual deviancy is going to be the catalyst of the apocalypse.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟818,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's like I said before: sexual deviancy is going to be the catalyst of the apocalypse.
I agree.

2 Peter 2:6

If by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As of 3 PM CST on Tuesday cardinal Fernández still has his day job and is an elector for the next pope. He confirmed himself that he authored that smut which he tried pretty hard to cover up. Just wondering how many more days he keeps his job. I’m now betting it will be more than one hundred. It should be less than one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's largely the message of Akita.

As of 3 PM CST on Tuesday cardinal Fernández still has his day job and is an elector for the next pope. He confirmed himself that he authored that smut which he tried pretty hard to cover up. Just wondering how many more days he keeps his job. I’m now betting it will be more than one hundred. It should be less than one.
He will not lose his job. I’d bet money on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He will not lose his job. I’d bet money on it.
Yesterday, for a moment, I saw his forced resignation as a foregone conclusion. Today I would not want to take that bet.:(

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday, for a moment, I saw his forced resignation as a foregone conclusion. Today I would not want to take that bet.:(
Yeah I’d be shocked if he resigned. They put this out there and they have little choice but to stick to it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yeah I’d be shocked if he resigned. They put this out there and they have little choice but to stick to it.
They don't HAVE to stick with it. Fernandez could be sacked, canned, thrown under the bus, retired, promoted to a place far away. Pope Francis is good at firing people, even for no great reason. Then they could come up with a story about how cardinal Fernandez didn't actually follow process with FS. He didn't actually follow process as it wasn't vetted at all broadly within the DDF. It could be recalled for study and correction. Then quietly buried. Pope Francis does have an out here ready for him to take. He COULD take the out.

If he wants to. I think he would be happier riding herd on a schism.

So I fear I agree that pope Francis is going to stick with his man and his document. He sticks with people he shouldn't. He alienates people he shouldn't. I suspect his list of tight friends is really really small. Fernandez and Martin and maybe McElroy and Cupich and I don't know who else. I suspect he, if he is even aware, doesn't feel he has any need to tack and jibe or set any course other than the one he's on. I doubt if he listens to anyone of the sort who would even advise pulling out of his mess by dumping Fernandez and recalling FS.

I could be wrong now. But I don't think so. It's a jungle out there.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They don't HAVE to stick with it. Fernandez could be sacked, canned, thrown under the bus, retired, promoted to a place far away. Pope Francis is good at firing people, even for no great reason. Then they could come up with a story about how cardinal Fernandez didn't actually follow process with FS. He didn't actually follow process as it wasn't vetted at all broadly within the DDF. It could be recalled for study and correction. Then quietly buried. Pope Francis does have an out here ready for him to take. He COULD take the out.

If he wants to. I think he would be happier riding herd on a schism.

So I fear I agree that pope Francis is going to stick with his man and his document. He sticks with people he shouldn't. He alienates people he shouldn't. I suspect his list of tight friends is really really small. Fernandez and Martin and maybe McElroy and Cupich and I don't know who else. I suspect he, if he is even aware, doesn't feel he has any need to tack and jibe or set any course other than the one he's on. I doubt if he listens to anyone of the sort who would even advise pulling out of his mess by dumping Fernandez and recalling FS.

I could be wrong now. But I don't think so. It's a jungle out there.
I think their mindset is they are going to stick to it come hell or high water. I do not find this papacy exactly dripping with humility with those that question or are confused by their actions. Yes they are quick to fire those that are confused or ask questions but not those that they seem to be on the same page with. They accompany them…

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think their mindset is they are going to stick to it come hell or high water. I do not find this papacy exactly dripping with humility with those that question or are confused by their actions. Yes they are quick to fire those that are confused or ask questions but not those that they seem to be on the same page with. They accompany them…
Yes. They accompany. But only the right sort of people.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,779,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0