United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
The schism comes against the backdrop of conservative anger over the leadership of Pope Francis. In February, 90 Catholic clergymen and scholars wrote a letter to "all Cardinals and Bishops of the Catholic Church," urging them to oppose a document approved by the pontiff that allowed priests to bless same-sex couples. Earlier this month, Francis angered many American conservatives by describing efforts to prevent migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexican border as "madness."

The nuns, led by Sister Isabel of the Trinity, announced their break from Catholic authorities in a five-page open letter published on their convent's website. In the letter, Sister Isabel said Catholics have had to endure "the silence of our pastors," who "left their sheep alone and helpless to face the wolves."

Referring to the papacy, she added: "From the Throne of Peter we have been receiving contradiction, confusion and doublespeak, ambiguity, lack of clear doctrine, which is all the more necessary in stormy times, to hold the rudder more firmly. During this time the sisters, each in her own style, way and rhythm, have been contemplating a question, a doubt about the one who steers the Barque of Peter, and his closest collaborators. A doubt which, in time, became SCANDAL."

Unsettling; but, I'm sad to say, not particularly surprising.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From The Pillar:

A community of 16 Poor Clare religious sisters, based in the Spanish dioceses of Burgos and Vitoria, has declared its intention to leave the Catholic Church and place itself under the jurisdiction of a self-proclaimed bishop who was excommunicated in 2019.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟177,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Unsettling; but, I'm sad to say, not particularly surprising.
Churches are going to splinter in the end times. So, amen to this, as this means that Jesus may be returning soon, but, no one knows the hour.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Poor Clare nun who left her monastery of Belorado, in Burgos, Spain, says she had to leave to avoid becoming part of a cult, after her community declared it was leaving the Catholic Church and placed itself under the jurisdiction of a sedevacantist self-proclaimed bishop.

Poor Clare sisters at the monastery of Belorado, together with Pablo de Rojas Sánchez-Franco. Image: Christifideles Tau via YouTube.

Sister María Amparo, 81, has been in religious life for over 60 years, 20 of which spent in Belorado. She left the community three days after her superior Sister Isabel de la Trinidad made public the community’s declaration of schism.

Sister María Amparo was taken in at another convent, and has avoided speaking to the press, but did speak to local newspaper Diario de Burgos.

Continued below.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟177,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Poor Clare nun who left her monastery of Belorado, in Burgos, Spain, says she had to leave to avoid becoming part of a cult, after her community declared it was leaving the Catholic Church and placed itself under the jurisdiction of a sedevacantist self-proclaimed bishop.

Poor Clare sisters at the monastery of Belorado, together with Pablo de Rojas Sánchez-Franco. Image: Christifideles Tau via YouTube.

Sister María Amparo, 81, has been in religious life for over 60 years, 20 of which spent in Belorado. She left the community three days after her superior Sister Isabel de la Trinidad made public the community’s declaration of schism.

Sister María Amparo was taken in at another convent, and has avoided speaking to the press, but did speak to local newspaper Diario de Burgos.

Continued below.
I'm telling you and everyone here: Churches are getting torn apart nowadays. This tree below does not do this justice, as there are thousands are denominations. Looks like 1 Corinthians 12:24-26 is calling. Later today, an analysis of these verse will be posted in OBOB or Christian Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 1:10,12-13 (NIV): "I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?"

1 Corinthians 12:24b-26 (NIV): "But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

Romans 12:4-8 (NIV): "For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."

Schism Tree Graph

1716646077711.png

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like they are breaking off to form a cult.

From the last article:

He said he hopes this can act as a warning to the wider population.

“On one hand the public exposition of this sedevacantist false bishop is a showcase for the irrationality and craziness of his pretensions, and should be seen as proof of how dangerous these groups are,” he said. “On the other hand, however, it could make him more popular in traditionalist circles, and among Catholics who are being influenced by a variety of conspiracy theories about the current state of the Catholic Church.”

Meanwhile, the Confederation of Poor Clares of Spain and Portugal, which represents 180 convents and 10 federations, has published a statementcalling on the Belorado monastery to reconcile with the Catholic Church.

“Fidelity to our way of life, as saints Clare and Francis wished it, entails communion with the magisterium of the Church, which we profess to be One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic. You cannot be a Poor Clare outside of this obedience,” said the statement.

“If these sisters recognize their errors and return to communion with the Catholic Church and with the Order of St Clare, we express our willingness to welcome them back with the same love with which we received them on the day of their profession.”

The statement ends with a call to the nuns to “reconcile with God, and return to the bosom of the Church, the root of your faith and of your consecration, which you are departing from.”

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟177,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like they are breaking off to form a cult.

From the last article:

He said he hopes this can act as a warning to the wider population.

“On one hand the public exposition of this sedevacantist false bishop is a showcase for the irrationality and craziness of his pretensions, and should be seen as proof of how dangerous these groups are,” he said. “On the other hand, however, it could make him more popular in traditionalist circles, and among Catholics who are being influenced by a variety of conspiracy theories about the current state of the Catholic Church.”

Meanwhile, the Confederation of Poor Clares of Spain and Portugal, which represents 180 convents and 10 federations, has published a statementcalling on the Belorado monastery to reconcile with the Catholic Church.

“Fidelity to our way of life, as saints Clare and Francis wished it, entails communion with the magisterium of the Church, which we profess to be One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic. You cannot be a Poor Clare outside of this obedience,” said the statement.

“If these sisters recognize their errors and return to communion with the Catholic Church and with the Order of St Clare, we express our willingness to welcome them back with the same love with which we received them on the day of their profession.”

The statement ends with a call to the nuns to “reconcile with God, and return to the bosom of the Church, the root of your faith and of your consecration, which you are departing from.”
Cults are even worse. We should pray that these people return back to the teachings of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟485,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Churches are going to splinter in the end times. So, amen to this, as this means that Jesus may be returning soon, but, no one knows the hour.
True but though I wish to rejoice the Lord proclaimed to some Saints He is slow to move because many still He is working on returning.

So I do not rejoice though the best part of me so much prefers Heaven. [Purgatory is gonna be a real PAIN in the last days] so that I am not looking forward to, but hopeful of it.

Also souls in peril for disobedience distresses me. We are told to hold firm. It's a bleep - but yeah.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟485,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟177,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True but though I wish to rejoice the Lord proclaimed to some Saints He is slow to move because many still He is working on returning.

So I do not rejoice though the best part of me so much prefers Heaven. [Purgatory is gonna be a real PAIN in the last days] so that I am not looking forward to, but hopeful of it.

Also souls in peril for disobedience distresses me. We are told to hold firm. It's a bleep - but yeah.
I hope that Jesus returns quickly. That is all that I hope, as 2024 feels like purgatory.

Upvote 0