Poll: Do you believe in Creation or Evolution (or both)?

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I voted other because I believe that God created the entire universe. I think that evolution is responsible for the diversity and complexity of the biological world that we see around us. I am not sure how much interaction God has in evolution now, or if he simply set up the "rules" and lets the system run its course.

I don't believe that anyone really believes that the world was created by evolution. Not even the biological life was created by evolution. Once life became "alive", then evolution began to work upon it. Evolution does not cause life, it effects change in life.

So I voted other because I thought the poll was a little too restricted in its available answers!

--tibac

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Do you mean the biological world as we see it today? If so, then I think that it (evolution) did. I think that God started the processes that we see around us, working in the natural world--but I don't know when. It seems extremely unlikely to me that He did 6000 years ago.

--tibac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chloe

The whole Bible is the Whole Word of God
Apr 29, 2002
Visit site
✟375.00
The Bible says that God created the heavens and the earth. I chose to believe what God said. I do not see how anyone who is a Christian could possibly believe in evolution. Evolution not only makes absolutely no sense, because something cannot come from nothing. Also evolution does not explain entropy, how things are going downhill instead of continuing to evolve. I would however like to know why a Christian would believe that God would use evolution as a method and how sin came into play, and how they explain Genesis 1 and 2.

Upvote 0
I never said something (life) came from nothing. God created life. Evolution is just a tool God used to shape/design life. I have never heard of entropy, but things are still evolving. I believe God used evolution because the scientific evidence points to evolution as a real process. And since God created life, God must have used evolution as a method.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Chloe
The Bible says that God created the heavens and the earth. I chose to believe what God said. I do not see how anyone who is a Christian could possibly believe in evolution. Evolution not only makes absolutely no sense, because something cannot come from nothing. Also evolution does not explain entropy, how things are going downhill instead of continuing to evolve. I would however like to know why a Christian would believe that God would use evolution as a method and how sin came into play, and how they explain Genesis 1 and 2.

Why would evolution explain entropy? It has nothing to do with entropy.

Upvote 0

Chloe

The whole Bible is the Whole Word of God
Apr 29, 2002
Visit site
✟375.00
But as all can see, the world is devolving. To evolve is to develop, as by a process of differentiation, to a more highly organized condition. This is not happening.

Sky, so you believe God created a living organism from which we all evolved? How then do you explain sin and Genesis 1 and 2?

Upvote 0