stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Ooh, I hadn't heard of that until now. It would be good for California and the west to get some relief, but it could lead to lots of flooding and mudslides...and the drought's been going on for so long now, so I'm not sure how much of a dent it would make in the issue.
It'll make a huge dent. For a little bit. Then drought happens all over again when El Nino goes away.

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟63,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CNVHOKvUAAAw_ab.jpg

Reactions: Bible Page
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know, right? How can you express yourself freely if you can't insult folks! They just gotta toughen up. Who are they to decide what we call 'em?

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟63,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know, right? How can you express yourself freely if you can't insult folks! They just gotta toughen up. Who are they to decide what we call 'em?

You took that totally out of context. :scratch: You can express yourself without insulting others. Well, most of us can. *But if Free Speech bothers you, then America's not the right place for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You took that totally out of context. :scratch: You can express yourself without insulting others. Well, most of us can. But if Free Speech bothers you, then America's not the right place for you.
If others exercising their own free speech bothers you, America's not the right plac for you either.

Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I read the article and every other article I can find about this very short quote. It would be nice to be able to hear the full content as it might throw a different light on what he was trying to say.
I'm not a Huckabee for President supporter but I find it hard to believe that he is as confused as the articles are portraying him to be.

Just a friendly heads up. We have a thread for discussing memes and cartoons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
boggs.png

Grace Lee Boggs, prominent activist for seven decades, dies at 100

If it weren’t for the rats, Grace Lee Boggs might never have become a radical.

But when she was fresh out of graduate school and working in a Chicago library for $10 a week, she had to run a gantlet of rats to get into her basement apartment. Nearby, her neighbors, mostly African Americans, faced the same problem and were out in the streets protesting.

Boggs, a pensive Chinese American scholar who was more at home in a volume of Hegel than at a street rally, joined in — and never regretted it.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟348,413.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

This actually kind of surprised me because of the poster. Anyway, I get what the point is, but I really dislike it when people are dishonest with history. Most of the conquests shown in the first picture happened well after the death of Mohammed, and while the second looks accurate, it only shows the first year of the Crusades, which lasted for 200 years by the most conservative reckoning. That isn't even counting the Holy Wars not sanctioned by the Pope or other forms of religious violence, including the 30 Years' War which was about the right kind of Christian ruling Europe.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This actually kind of surprised me because of the poster. Anyway, I get what the point is, but I really dislike it when people are dishonest with history. Most of the conquests shown in the first picture happened well after the death of Mohammed, and while the second looks accurate, it only shows the first year of the Crusades, which lasted for 200 years by the most conservative reckoning. That isn't even counting the Holy Wars not sanctioned by the Pope or other forms of religious violence, including the 30 Years' War which was about the right kind of Christian ruling Europe.
And it doesn't mention the Albigensian Crusades, or the Reconquista, or the Livonian Crusades or (arguably) the conquest of the New World. It's a meme, not a thesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟348,413.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And it doesn't mention the Albigensian Crusades, or the Reconquista, or the Livonian Crusades or (arguably) the conquest of the New World. It's a meme, not a thesis.
Well yeah, but it is still deceptively using history in a manner to try to make Muslims look unusually violent.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
12118713_565093396974677_1293589637572282849_n.jpg

This isn't as far afield as one might think since the good doctor has already told us that:
Ben Carson: ‘I Don't Really Want' To Run for President
Ben Carson is running for president, but he said last week that it's a taxing endeavor he doesn't want to do. Rather, he said, he'd been hoping to retire after decades of working long hours as a neurosurgeon.

"I really don’t want to do this, to be honest with you,” Carson, one of a dozen or so conservatives who hopes to capture the GOP presidential nomination, said to a town hall crowd of more than 100 Iowa voters on Friday. “I was looking forward to a relaxing retirement, you know, with a beautiful home in Florida by a golf course.”

Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.