USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Disappointing marrieds can't post here. I guess if we want to learn from them we have to go to their section.

They needn't post in this area for you to learn. You can pose a question in Christian Advice (as others do) or read their forums on topics of interest. I've done the former in the past but haven't done so in quite some time for several reasons. Most notably the mixed perspectives and my desire for synergy in belief and practice. I'm not interested in debates about submission, roles, etc. I've grown beyond them.

Hearing from men and women who walk out their beliefs in light of societal changes and religious compromise is more edifying than discussions on whether the subject still holds true or is wrongly applied. I've settled both. But if that isn't the case discourse may be helpful.

It's equally beneficial to develop connections with kindred spirits. A couple with a healthy union that's willing to support and stand with you in prayer is a godsend. If their counsel is sound and you develop a bond you may wish to be co-laborers through mentorship or accountability. That is my preferred practice for confidences. I don't believe in sharing challenges openly. Nor am I willing to disclose personal details without his approval.

But that's my conviction. Do what seems best for your circumstances. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Disappointing marrieds can't post here. I guess if we want to learn from them we have to go to their section.
I never saw the separation as conducive. When singles seek marriage, it only makes sense to seek out advice from those that are married. Not those that have never been married. Same for courting couples. You seek advice from those that have been there. I do not know what’s behind the decision to move this thread but I’m glad it has been moved. Marriage takes work and has to deal with the daily realities of life. It’s best to seek advice from those that live it. Not just those that dream of it and idealize it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.