✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Marital Gems for Men and Women

I don't know if this exists but I wanted a space for relational affirming content for Christian men and women who desire marriage. This is a place of honor and respect and light heartedness. Some remarks may be unsettling or oppose your beliefs. Be willing to challenge yourself while you read. We should emerge wiser and strengthened through its review.

May you be blessed in this endeavor and bettered in your connections.

~bella

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another Man loved my wife before I did.
Another Man loves my wife better than I do now.
I am learning from this Man how to love my wife.
And how to teach my sons to love their mother too.

IMG_9774.jpeg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Growing up with a father in the home is the single most important predictor of future success.
In 1960, about 10% of children grew up without a father in the home. It’s up to 40% today.
To win the future, we need to win at home. Men, let’s take the lead.

IMG_9785.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Another Man loved my wife before I did.
Another Man loves my wife better than I do now.
I am learning from this Man how to love my wife.
And how to teach my sons to love their mother too.
I hope he means Jesus, but if he does, I still find the way he put it cringey. It's just as cringey to me as the praise songs that make Jesus out to be your girlfriend or boyfriend.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope he means Jesus, but if he does, I still find the way he put it cringey. It's just as cringey to me as the praise songs that make Jesus out to be your girlfriend or boyfriend.

He does. I don't think that's his intention. He's acknowledging our value to the Lord and the necessity of His instruction and willingness to admit his ignorance.

I'm experiencing something similar in my quiet time. They're lessons on otherness and correction. He's showing me what's amiss and what I require in its place. It's humbling but for my betterment.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He does. I don't think that's his intention. He's acknowledging our value to the Lord and the necessity of His instruction and willingness to admit his ignorance.
Yeah, I think that can be done without making one's self sound like a cuck. That's what I didn't like about it. I get reverence for Jesus as her Maker and the one who loves her perfectly, but I think that can be conveyed better.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, I think that can be done without making one's self sound like a cuck. That's what I didn't like about it. I get reverence for Jesus as her Maker and the one who loves her perfectly, but I think that can be conveyed better.

That's a fair assessment. How would you phrase it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course my husband is free to monitor and look at my phone when he wants to. I don’t keep secrets from him. He also tells me to get off of it if he feels like it’s taking my attention away from him or my family. I am grateful because I see women that are addicted and it’s sad.

IMG_9798.jpeg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let the world think you’re strange for being a different kind of woman.

A woman who loves God.
A woman who believes in marriage.
A woman who thinks children are a blessing.
A woman who embraces her femininity.
A woman who believes home is where generations are shaped.
A woman who believes that family is a sacred institute from God.

IMG_9790.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A Thought About Happiness...

I realised that perhaps happiness isn't really in the euphoria that comes from big achievements or life's highlights. It's much simpler than that. It's possible to find it anywhere if you look within yourself.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Industry: Habitual diligence in any employment, either bodily or mental; steady attention to business; assiduity; opposed to sloth and idleness.

She looks well to how things go in her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My roommate in law school is older, and he's married. With a kid.

When it is late at night, after a long day in class, group meetings, and reading, his wife calls him to pray for him, comfort him, and gossip with him. Most times, he's not interested in the gossip, but he pretends.

They will be laughing and giggling while I'll be fighting the heat and cursing the mosquitoes.

So last night, his 4 year old girl didn't sleep early because she wanted to speak with "daddy" for the first time since daddy got to law school.

It was so cute the way she said "hello daddy I've missed you. Mummy doesn't buy me yoghurt."

I was so emotional, but the heat and mosquitoes didn't let me express it.

After the call, he caught me watching him, and he said to me, "they are my strength."

I just smiled and nodded my head because I didn't know what to say.

And then he said, "Mr. A., don't mind all the rubbish you see online. Find love with a GOOD woman. And build a family with her. That is life."

IMG_9777.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
5 Things I Pray for Myself to Become a Better Wife
Source

1. To have my spiritual eyes and ears open to hear the needs and desires of my husband.​

When my husband is stressed from work with heavy loads of projects, I don’t want to just think he’s being cranky and I should stay clear from him. I want to be able to look deeper than the surface. I hope to use spiritual discernment in this area.

2. To have confidence in myself first, not man.​

When my husband and I first married I depended on my husbands affirmation! I wanted him to constantly notice my new outfit, a new way I tried doing my hair, or even just notice my presence whenever I walked into a room. I wanted his compliments on every meal I made and every time I folded his clean laundry. This is unrealistic!

I had to find confidence in me as a child of God which that is whom I am foremost. I can not claim this and then depend on man to achieve it for me. I had to learn to pray the verse:

“And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” --Philippians 1:6​

over myself so that I would be fully confident that it is God who brings completion to me, not man. I was putting an impossible task on my husband.

3. To be a woman of grace and wisdom.​

When I think of a woman of grace and wisdom, I think of the Titus woman.

Titus 2:3-5 describes a woman that I think of having elegant beauty. I imagine that it shined straight through her with a graceful beauty.

As I become a older with many years to offer as an example to the younger generation it will take wisdom to teach. I prayerfully hope I am able to receive and give with grace and wisdom for I am not just affecting myself but other woman of the generations coming. As I do this, my husband reaps the benefits of me living out the scriptures.

4. To win with action not words.​

One of my biggest flaws in general before getting saved (and a little bit now) was that I could talk too much. What I mean by too much is that I would try to explain myself over and over about decisions made or things that I wanted to do.

I had to learn that my actions are what speaks louder than my words. Trying to convince my husband or children to understand my intentions is not what I was supposed to do. I needed to set an example of understanding by setting an example behind my decisions. I was to do this by being confident there is already trust and a positive communication set in place.

5. To walk in my anointing.​

I believe this is one the most important things we should be praying for ourselves as a wife.

When we are walking in our anointing it means we must be walking in the Spirit; and as we all know, walking in the spirit means we are dwelling in peace, being led by God, chasing after righteousness.

Our husbands and children will become witnesses to who God is in our lives and reap the abundance when we walk in our anointing. For me, walking in my anointing is prayer. When I’m in the Spirit praying consistently for the body of Christ (which is anything the Lord has placed in my heart) then I am in the presence of God.

Your home will be a home of peace, your job site will have a shift in the atmosphere, your marriage will experience a change in communication and intimacy, because all things will be set on Christ when you allow yourself to walk in your anointing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.