Pointless 2

TheJust

Jul 15, 2012
✟7,771.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
I'm posting this for no specific reason, just verses I'm interested in at the moment.

'Let him sit alone in silence, for the LORD has laid it on him'
Lamentations 3:28

'Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.'
Psalm 1:1

'In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught
in the schemes he devises.'
Psalm 10:2

'I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.'
Psalm 26:5

'I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.'
Psalm 119:104

'They scoff, and speak with malice; in their arrogance
they threaten oppression.'
Psalm 73:8

'The proud and arrogant man--"Mocker" is his name;
he behaves with overweening pride.'
Proverbs 21:24

'Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint;
but blessed is he who keeps the law.'
Proverbs 29:18

Escipión

Mar 8, 2005
✟7,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Being faster than your opponents and telling everybody upfront what their arguments will be is a great rhetorical strategy. It might convince some. However, it does not make you right. You come here and quote some verses from the Bible, verses which speak against those that don't follow God. So, what?

The apostle Paul is really good at this, all the more given that he had to deal with pagans (Greeks, Romans) and people imbued with the Greek philosophical tradition on a daily basis. Thus his tirades against "human wisdom". I've seen more than one Christian gaping at the book, filled with marvel, saying: look, look, you see!!! The Bible already warned about you Atheists!! So... That means that I'm right and you're wrong...

The Bible cannot prove itself. Nothing of what is says bares any importance when it comes to deciding if there is a God. There is no verse, no paragraph, no chapter, no single book in the Bible capable of proving a thing. Quoting random verses from the Bible is a bad habit that should stay where it belongs: churches. Outside we tend to have higher standards.

Upvote 0

TheJust

Jul 15, 2012
✟7,771.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Escipión;61714782 said:
Being faster than your opponents and telling everybody upfront what their arguments will be is a great rhetorical strategy. It might convince some. However, it does not make you right. You come here and quote some verses from the Bible, verses which speak against those that don't follow God. So, what?

The apostle Paul is really good at this, all the more given that he had to deal with pagans (Greeks, Romans) and people imbued with the Greek philosophical tradition on a daily basis. Thus his tirades against "human wisdom". I've seen more than one Christian gaping at the book, filled with marvel, saying: look, look, you see!!! The Bible already warned about you Atheists!! So... That means that I'm right and you're wrong...

The Bible cannot prove itself. Nothing of what is says bares any importance when it comes to deciding if there is a God. There is no verse, no paragraph, no chapter, no single book in the Bible capable of proving a thing. Quoting random verses from the Bible is a bad habit that should stay where it belongs: churches. Outside we tend to have higher standards.

I agree to a degree but churches tend to ignore alot of verses that don't fit into their system. As far as what the bible says not bareing any importance, you are wrong. Knowlage is necessary for one to gain the wisdom required for proof to be seen. Also the quotes are not random, they have to do with solotude the ones who wish to truely follow God are forced to endure due to everyone else preferring their ignorance over peace and divine love.

Upvote 0