Pls nominate non clergy most like Jesus.

TheSuperNews

Feb 4, 2006
✟15,709.00
Faith
Christian
I am always on the look out for an incredible example of present day non clergy Christian who seems to be most like Jesus. It's important to me that this present day Christian be a non clergy person since I want to know that he or she is able to be very Christian under circumstances much like the average member of society experiences.

So, please nominate a non clergy person who works in secular society who is the most Christ like you know.

By the way, I do not know of such a successful Chrisitian (including myself)...though I look forward to meeting one in my lifetime.

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am always on the look out for an incredible example of present day non clergy Christian who seems to be most like Jesus. It's important to me that this present day Christian be a non clergy person since I want to know that he or she is able to be very Christian under circumstances much like the average member of society experiences.

So, please nominate a non clergy person who works in secular society who is the most Christ like you know.

By the way, I do not know of such a successful Chrisitian (including myself)...though I look forward to meeting one in my lifetime.

MY FRIEND,

Pick up a copy of "SOUL SURVIVOR--How Thirteen Unlikely Mentors Helped My Faith Survive the Church" by Philip Yancey.

ephraim

Upvote 0

Praising4eva

Apr 23, 2007
✟8,282.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think it can be harder to remain Christ-like once you become a leader in a church. People's view of you changes when you become a leader, they see you as different, your actions become judged, you get jumped on ... hence you start to interact more with supportive other leaders and when people in the church become your work, there is an element of management involved in making sure everyone is cared for. A lot of clergy get there by being outstanding in their Christian qualities in the first place - it's what gets them noticed :)

But there are lots of lay people 'walking the walk'. You just aren't always aware of it when it's not 'formalised'.

Upvote 0

jive4005

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Rhode Island
Visit site
✟10,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Throughout my life, from a very early age, I was priviledged to have a (Presb.) Minister as a close family and personal friend and teacher.
His name was Rev. (hope I spell this right) Johannes (we called him John) Jesperson. For a time he pastored a small Rhode Island (Cumberland) church.

He was absolutely the kindest, most loving, most humble (meek) and most tolerant man I have ever known. He is my roll model. He maintained these Jesus qualities and kept them close all through a challanging and frought life.

I've lost track of him but thank God often, for sending a real Christian into my life... years before I knew what a real Christian was.

His,
Rev

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never been much into role models, but there was one woman I worked with who hit me as being so amazingly set-apart in the midst of things.

During very tense times at the office, she never got into the gossip and political struggles. If someone brought up the subject, she would just kindly say oh, yeah, I don't have time for that, and move on.

She was able to lead people who were taking diverse sides, and still be admired for her choices and wisdom.

She still showed her humanity with a tired sigh, but kept representing the company's objectives.

She was firm, kind, thoughtful, had a generous heart but never let people walk all over her. She spoke of altruistic things she did outside of work, but only in the context of what she had to do that weekend.

Always composed never turned down a knock on her door, never made people feel small.

Superhuman, she was.

Upvote 0

TheSuperNews

Feb 4, 2006
✟15,709.00
Faith
Christian
#3, your wife is the wife of pastor...that's not like the rest of us. Does life self-sufficiently by her own bread (money). Does she work for a secular or pagan boss? Does she relate to people who are careful to be "good", because they are christian, and she is the pastor's wife.

I need average everyday work and relationship situation that the average Christian is constantly exposed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums