KY
✟24,597.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
bliz said:
I cannot say, only you can.

One of the reasons marriages fail is that one of the parties has not left their family and they continue to put their parents or siblings or extended relations first before their spouse. The Bible is very clear on this - the couple is to become one flesh. He is to be the most important person in your life. Right now it seems that you are putting your parent's wishes above his. I would encourage both of you to go and talk with your pastor.

In an ideal world, your parents would be encouraging you to do this and for one reason or another, they are not doing so. But that does not mean that you cannot set things right and loving and gently make it clear to family that he comes first.
You're right. *begins to cry* I just want to make things right with him. I really, really, really do!

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟24,597.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Glorianna said:
:scratch: I thought you guys had.
Well we aren't fighting anymore if that's what you mean. There are just a lot of smaller details to weddings that we haven't sorted out yet and I think him and I are going to have to come to compromises on those.

Upvote 0

joeman1

Legend
Jul 1, 2004
Visit site
✟29,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
reverie_maiden said:
Well we aren't fighting anymore if that's what you mean. There are just a lot of smaller details to weddings that we haven't sorted out yet and I think him and I are going to have to come to compromises on those.
Actually what she means to say is that there is a lot of stuff that i have to cave in on.

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟24,597.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
joeman1 said:
Just updating everyone we talked for about 2 hours today and we finally came up with a true comprimise. Both of us are giving some. Neither her nor I are controlling the issue. Thank you to everyone who remembered us in prayer.
Joey is right. We actually were mature and patient enough to come to an understanding and compromise. That is probably because for the first time in our relationship I took the time to ask Joey what he wanted and that what I wanted and what my dad wanted did not matter. I am beginning, slowly but surely, to change my mind set. I do want Joey to be second most important in my life, and I mean that with all my heart.

Upvote 0