Please read the Rules before Posting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolf Ernst

Apr 13, 2004
✟1,350.00
Faith
Calvinist
Greetings--I was raised Southern Baptist, spent some time among Independent Baptists, and while attending one of their Bible colleges, I used the library to compare the expository methods of Reformed theologians (calvinists) versus evangelicals (Arminians). I found the Calvinists (that name is really a misnomer because the doctrines of grace did not originate with Calvin) to be more thorough, to look more deeply into context and to buttress their positions more often with multiple prooftexts. Yes, I am Reformed, and I believe doctrinal discussions are a common Christian form of fellowship; BUT I believe our main focus should not be disputing our differences, but on fellowshipping with one another on those points we hold in common. Therefore, we can join our mutual faiths, striving together for the truths of Christ before those who as yet know Him not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
cinni said:
I have also just joined today my name is cinni and i am from nz i am looking forwad to getting to know everyone here real soon i love everything i have seen so far.

Ps i read the rules:D

cinni

Hey Cinni! Welcome! Love chatting with you at the Kitchen Table ;)
Will you supply TimTams with Stormie's away???

His hands & feet,
SandyLou

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hopper said:
Hi y'all. hopper here, from Georgia, CSA. I was hoping to share a bowl of grits here with some regulars, before hopping into the fray. That's probably where the regulars are anyway. I appreciate the newbie files, but I guess I'm off to explore the fabric of CF. Hope to see you all later. :wave:

Now that you know the rules, hopper, c'mon!
I think we regulars are ready for you :clap:

His hands & feet,
SandyLou​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.