✟11,695.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello :)
A lot of time ago i started to believe that Christianity is the true religion , and i feel a connection between me and the Christianity, but i have not enough Faith :( , Please help me and Pray for me to sucssed in believing in Jesus Christ, I Haven't gone to Church, but i want to, and i have some plans, and become a real christian and make a Christian family :)
I don't know where to start reading the bible, and i have some questions to ask christians.
So please pray for me.
Thank you all!

Reactions: brinny

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
A lot of time ago i started to believe that Christianity is the true religion , and i feel a connection between me and the Christianity, but i have not enough Faith :( , Please help me and Pray for me to sucssed in believing in Jesus Christ, I Haven't gone to Church, but i want to, and i have some plans, and become a real christian and make a Christian family :)
I don't know where to start reading the bible, and i have some questions to ask christians.
So please pray for me.
Thank you all!

If you have a Bible, start with the Gospels; any of them will do, but Mark is nice and short, so might be a good place to begin. Don't try to read too much at once; better to read a couple of chapters at a time, and then spend time thinking about what you have read.

A church would be useful, yes. Few Christians can survive for long on their own; the world is too daunting.

As for having enough faith or belief; I doubt if anyone here would think they have enough. We are all works in progress, so don't worry too much about that one. Find a church and then if you are concerned about this, speak privately to the minister.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Dani1136

May 27, 2015
✟11,695.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have a Bible, start with the Gospels; any of them will do, but Mark is nice and short, so might be a good place to begin. Don't try to read too much at once; better to read a couple of chapters at a time, and then spend time thinking about what you have read.

A church would be useful, yes. Few Christians can survive for long on their own; the world is too daunting.

As for having enough faith or belief; I doubt if anyone here would think they have enough. We are all works in progress, so don't worry too much about that one. Find a church and then if you are concerned about this, speak privately to the minister.

God be with you.
Thank you! I appreciate your comment, very helpful for me!, i will start with th Gospels.
Have a good day :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you! I appreciate your comment, very helpful for me!, i will start with th Gospels.
Have a good day :)

You too, Dani. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I may not know the answer, but perhaps we can find it together. :)

Upvote 0

Dani1136

May 27, 2015
✟11,695.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You too, Dani. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I may not know the answer, but perhaps we can find it together. :)
There is no private message here (i can not find the option :) ) so Thanks Catherine for your help! i hope to be a good christian and to donate what i can to this world.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Dani1136

May 27, 2015
✟11,695.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So please pray for me.
Thank you all!

Dani, The amount of faith does not make you a Christian. The weakest faith is "believing" faith if the object of that faith is Jesus' death on the cross, his shed blood there, and His resurrection.

Below are 2 articles that might help you to find "believing" faith.

1. How to Come to Jesus, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10522

2. What Must I do to be Saved, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10572

Don

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dani1136

May 27, 2015
✟11,695.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dani, The amount of faith does not make you a Christian. The weakest faith is "believing" faith if the object of that faith is Jesus' death on the cross, his shed blood there, and His resurrection.

Below are 2 articles that might help you to find "believing" faith.

1. How to Come to Jesus, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10522

2. What Must I do to be Saved, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10572

Don

Thank you Don :)
I will read the two articles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So please pray for me.
Thank you all!
I would start with John. It truly stresses the fact that salvation is found in the PERSON of Jesus Christ and not in a feeling or a religion. Here are some favorites of mine from John...

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. (Joh 6:35)

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (Jn. 8:12 KJV)

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. (Jn. 10:11 KJV)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (Jn. 11:25 KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (Jn. 14:6 KJV)

Pray that His Spirit opens your eyes to Him...He will hear you.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dani, below is a link to several articles/videos about salvation. They are lengthy but they are worth watching/reading.

I recommend them because the author presents the message of the Gospel in a way that is similar to what I found from my own experience in my struggle to find the truth about becoming a genuine believer in Jesus for salvation. My experience is one of extreme skepticism & doubt about God & the Bible. I lived many years in confusion, doubts, uncertainty, & fear while I searched for answers about how to become a Christian. My search eventually led me to give up on myself and turn to God's Word where I did find the truth, and found the simple message of the Gospel, the message of the cross. I found the truth there; the truth about God and Jesus that changed my life by giving me peace & assurance that my eternity is secure in the finished work of Jesus at the cross where He suffered & died, shedding His blood there to pay the penalty of my sin debt to God. God showed me that His salvation is not about anything I could do, but that it is all about what Jesus did for me and for you at the cross. My struggle ended 40 years ago & today I still have a peace that is impossible to explain to anyone who has never found that peace for themselves.

The author here, Dr. Erwin Lutzer, presents the truth of God's way to redeem us back to Himself in a very simple way that is easy to understand. Forty years ago we did not have the internet as a source of information. If I had been able to watch/read Dr. Lutzer's videos/articles back then my struggle might not have lasted for the many years, about 10, before I found my answer. By the way, I did find my answer in the best place for it to be found, in the Bible, in the Book of John.

https://www.jashow.org/articles/que...e-sure-that-you-will-spend-eternity-with-god/

Don

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I find that this verse is a good place to be,
15071-john-3-16-2.jpg

Thank you Father, that you loved the world so much that you gave your only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not perish but may have eternal life, Lord I believe...

Upvote 0

myarogancewasblottedout

Oct 6, 2015
✟15,694.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Christ is real.
What is the nearest church to your house? that is where i suggest you go.
If you go to an ancient church such as Catholic church, ask the priest for "Rite Christian Initiation Adults" (R.C.I.A), it is the best way to be trained as all Christians are meant to do, to be like the 12 disciples who start in ordinary life and culminate at the last supper.

There is so much wisdom packed into each sentence and word. Even standing up at the start is a 4000 year old tradition. And study calculus to know what dimensions are, because dimensions define existence. 2D surface ( Genesis 1:10 ) and 3D volumes ( Genesis 1:12 ) are contained in the Third day of creation.

With any church such as Episcopalian, Anglican, Protestant, to get the faith that church imparts, you have to go to church every sunday, with the assurance that for centuries, people have worshipped the God, in God's presence, that way.

Do not read much of what other Christians say, especially on the internet. Since Protestantism happened, people have always used primarily the Holy Bible. And that is because the Holy Bible is supernaturally alive (by God's power).
Just trust the church's liturgy(how the service is run), and trust your prayer chamber, trust the holy bible.
and pray to be the best you can be.
Matthew 6:6

let us know how you are :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Begin your journey today,
I pray that the Lord will lead you to a Christian Church full of people who love the Lord, whatever the denomination.

john-3-16-christianity-12464028-461-405.jpg

May the Lord bless you richly in your walk with him

Upvote 0

R. J. Beverly

Jesus is coming, "He will gather", Isaiah 56:8.
Jun 15, 2016
Michigan USA
Visit site
✟9,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So please pray for me.
Thank you all!
17 years ago I was stuck and confused, I asked God to show me where to go, what to read and He started me in the book of Proverbs. I am happy to say it's a journey but it's worth it, glory to God. This book is all wisdom, it teaches men and woman how He desires you to be, His Chosen Children of God. Then I studied Psalms, this book gives God His honor and glory it's very important as well. Finally I went to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John these teach you what Jesus desire you to know and follow. Good luck and may God bless you, He is faithful, 1st Thessalonians 5:24. Amen.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DAN! AWESOME name.. well Daniel, Dan, Danny here :)

Anyway.. Something I dont know how to give yet I give in faith to you. Jesus is real. As you walk around.. look at people. Next time you just shake hands or hug.. JESUS is more real than that! No He really is. You talk to HIM! Ask HIM! ...call on ANY so called gods you want.. no really.. only ONE will ever answer! He is the ONLY TRUE GOD! That came and died just for you as if YOU were the only one. Man.. didnt you know everything made as made for you? YEAH! This is how GOD feels about EVERYONE!

And since HE is GOD He makes this PERSONAL! He lets you know that YOU are the most special thing to Him. You then find out .. He feels like this for all and .. that JOY.. how it can explode more knowing ALL have this.. HE is SO in love with you! Ask HIM talk to Him.. Read His word. Make sure its written. Ask for that Church to go to if you wish.. and HE will open that tiny door.. He really can do anything.. HES GOD and ask JESUS .. to be lord .. you know Rev 3:20.. He knocks.. so just answer and HE WILL COME IN!

Reactions: Dani1136
Upvote 0