Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CaDan said:
Did you get any cool Chick tracts?

'Cause it's double points if someone actually hands them to you. :D

No - but he gave her a copy of Dave Hunt's book "A Woman Rides the Beast" and link to a website promoting Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" - that should surely count for something!

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NewMan99 said:
No - but he gave her a copy of Dave Hunt's book "A Woman Rides the Beast" and link to a website promoting Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" - that should surely count for something!

Ahhh so you know the book? and the liturature that was given to us..... so much of the book is highlighted for us and page markers in for us to read passages.

Les

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
poppinskw said:
Ahhh so you know the book? and the liturature that was given to us..... so much of the book is highlighted for us and page markers in for us to read passages.

Les

Les - check your hotmail account. I sent you tons of ammo. Hunt's book, IMHO, isn't even fit to line a bird cage with.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
poppinskw said:
No chick tracts, I have never seen Chick tracts in NZ

See, Les? I told you New Zealand is beautiful!

I should make a bumper sticker: Keep America Beautiful - Trash Your Chick Tracts!

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
NewMan99 said:

Ah... I´ve never red the books, but I get the idea... I know some people with those thoughts... Especially one... He is very dissapointed now, when we´re all converted Catholics in the family...
But it´s more about tradition than about God, so I don´t feel too sorry for him...

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NewMan99 said:
See, Les? I told you New Zealand is beautiful!

I should make a bumper sticker: Keep America Beautiful - Trash Your Chick Tracts!

:thumbsup: and with the millions you make with the bumper stickers, you can come to NZ and speak to non Catholics , I will arrange your schedule for you ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
NewMan99 said:
Les - check your hotmail account. I sent you tons of ammo. Hunt's book, IMHO, isn't even fit to line a bird cage with.

^_^ Yeah, Hunt is an amateur. That book is a worthless diatribe. My sister the Calvary Chapelite believes every word. :sigh: Once people get sucked into that garbage, it's hard to deprogram them. I'm sorry Les about this situation. But you have the TRUTH on your side.:)

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
krstlros said:
Catholics are famous for giving the best refreshments. ;)

I love Aarons cookies.... :thumbsup:

It seems like it is all happening, this afternoon another person had a discussion with me, and told me that if I was a Christian she could not understand how I could compromise myself by accepting Catholic doctrines... nothing I said even went near her, just right over her head.... I am wrong in her mind.. full stop.

So this friend of mine that I have loved and looked after for so long now [she is sick and housebound] says if I need to talk to her, I cannot mention anything to do with my Christian life or my Church, that is out of bounds. :(

Les

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How sad! When my oldest daughter converted, 8 years, her godfather, a priest in the Swedish church, totally broke contact with us... We had written and explained for him, telling we respected him as much as before, but no... We were, suddenly, persona non grata. So, yes, I recognise this...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Febe said:
How sad! When my oldest daughter converted, 8 years, her godfather, a priest in the Swedish church, totally broke contact with us... We had written and explained for him, telling we respected him as much as before, but no... We were, suddenly, persona non grata. So, yes, I recognise this...

:cry:

Reactions: Febe
Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Febe said:

I am sorry Febe that happened to you. But I am also glad that you as a family now have found the fullness of faith in the Catholic church as a family :)

I thought of that saying this morning, when God closes one door He always opens another....seems like our life is walking through newly opened doors, how exciting is that? :clap: In God everything is a learning experience and its new blessings each day. We just need to hang on tight to HIM because some rides are a bit wild and some are very peaceful....:amen:

Blessings

Les

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
poppinskw said:
I am sorry Febe that happened to you. But I am also glad that you as a family now have found the fullness of faith in the Catholic church as a family :)

I thought of that saying this morning, when God closes one door He always opens another....seems like our life is walking through newly opened doors, how exciting is that? :clap: In God everything is a learning experience and its new blessings each day. We just need to hang on tight to HIM because some rides are a bit wild and some are very peaceful....:amen:

Blessings

Les

Life is as it is...
And we are happy as Catholics, all of us! I don´t complain!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
poppinskw said:
I love Aarons cookies.... :thumbsup:

It seems like it is all happening, this afternoon another person had a discussion with me, and told me that if I was a Christian she could not understand how I could compromise myself by accepting Catholic doctrines... nothing I said even went near her, just right over her head.... I am wrong in her mind.. full stop.

So this friend of mine that I have loved and looked after for so long now [she is sick and housebound] says if I need to talk to her, I cannot mention anything to do with my Christian life or my Church, that is out of bounds. :(

Les

And so it goes.

Friendship on their conditions.

Unevenly yoked.

Lel- new friends are in order.

People of this mindset most times do not even what to know if they are correct or not.

Pray for them & do not put yourself through it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.