Beaufort
✟11,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband Eric and myself are going through some problems at work. My husband is not handling it well and it is causing a lot of problems for us. He is stressed out so he is drinking and I do not know what to do. I ask you to pray for us. We need God to intervene and help us before it destroys. I ask you all to pray for my husband to stop drinking and find another job and I ask that my situation be prayed on and for God to help me find something else. In Jesus name, Amen.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
JLF, As stated on the thread I am praying for you Sister. May the God of all love and peace surround you right now. I pray any and all strongholds and/or bondages be broken in the name of Jesus and blessings bestowed upon your family :]

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband Eric and myself are going through some problems at work. My husband is not handling it well and it is causing a lot of problems for us. He is stressed out so he is drinking and I do not know what to do. I ask you to pray for us. We need God to intervene and help us before it destroys. I ask you all to pray for my husband to stop drinking and find another job and I ask that my situation be prayed on and for God to help me find something else. In Jesus name, Amen.

Prayers sent for you and your husband sister. Stay strong in these hard times and trust that God is in control and I guarantee you He will bless you with more than you can imagine. Remember that the hard times are a great opportunity to show our faith and trust in Him and He will not foresake you when you stay strong in your faith. He knows what is best for us. God bless you and your husband sister.

Upvote 0

Humbled1

Apr 1, 2018
California
✟16,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Prayers sent for Gods peace to surround you and your husband.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry to learn about your situation, Jennifer. Know that I’ll be praying for your husband, asking the Lord to surround Eric with His loving presence, encourage him, and free him from the hold that alcohol has on his life. I’ll also pray that God will open doors for you both to find work. Also, I suggest you both consider seeking the help of a counselor. Hugs to you, friend!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I planned a trip in order to help him relax. It did help but he still has not stopped.

:heart: THank you for the update. Praying for your husband, and you too JLF, at this most difficult time (((hug)))

Upvote 0

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
E37564CD-3173-46EC-81B0-87E287BA58DA.jpeg
Praying that your husband stops drinking & that he/you get a new job & your marriage is restored. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We are praying.

Ask him to go to AA. If He does not, separate from him to a safe place like your Parents home. Talk to your Family about it too. While at your Parents, you should go to Al-Anon!!! They are more experienced at dealing with that situation. I am not advising divorce., just tough love.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 5:18 comes to mind, Father. Men have often looked to "The bottle" for answers, or comfort. Deuteronomy 32:33 comes to mind. Alcohol has often been sought for pleasure or for comfort, and ended up biting one in the ...." Matthew 11:28 comes to mind. Proverbs 3:5-6 is good advice to follow. May people stop thinking they can handle all their own problems, and look to You, follow what You tell us in Your Word, and see how much better things work out when we trust in You instead of ourselves. Amen.

Upvote 0