Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please list your favorite witnessing resources

Yourself.

Nothing else is needed. Your Christian life should be well lived and free of hypocrisy so that the message of Christ can come across without a hitch. Be wary of throwing tracts, Bibles, books or anything else, unless the unbeliever asks for it.

We are here to express the Glory of the Son - to the unbeleiver. Let your Christian life (well lived and *real*) so convict the unbeleiver that he takes you aside one day at work and says, "Hey, I have a problem and I know your a Christian ...." This is ground zero for the spiritual message!

Don't bug people!

In Christ,
Brother Mark

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Please list your favorite witnessing resources

Yourself.

Nothing else is needed. Your Christian life should be well lived and free of hypocrisy so that the message of Christ can come across without a hitch. Be wary of throwing tracts, Bibles, books or anything else, unless the unbeliever asks for it.

We are here to express the Glory of the Son - to the unbeleiver. Let your Christian life (well lived and *real*) so convict the unbeleiver that he takes you aside one day at work and says, "Hey, I have a problem and I know your a Christian ...." This is ground zero for the spiritual message!

Don't bug people!

In Christ,
Brother Mark

Do you actually think you live a pious and perfect life that your little light shines so much that people will see the gospel of Jesus Christ? How many times has someone actually come up to you and asked that? Give me a break. Go out and bug people! Give then the gospel! Your life is not the Gospel!

Upvote 0

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Tracts:

I regularly use tracts that have thre gospel on them as ice breakers. The are a great tool to start a conversation. www.livingwaters.com has the best.

Books:

Anything by Ray Comfort and Mark Cahill. Spurgeons The Soul Winner.

Websites:

wayofthemaster, heartcry missionary society, wretchedradio, answers in genesis

Videos:

Way of the master

Other:

Paul Washer, Spurgeon, John Wesley, George Whitefield, Ravi Zacharias

Upvote 0

Rob_Skellington

What's This?
Apr 26, 2010
✟15,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the greatest resources you can offer someone is your friendship. I enjoy using a NKJV Bible, $20 and a shared meal to make a new friend. As Mark was saying, our lives serve as testimony to Christ. We should live our lives without hypocrisy, yes, but we should also live realistically and admit when we do trip up. Being a friend who loves as Christ loves will win souls to Christ, because we don't treat them as a "tick mark" on a quota sheet or as a project to be completed.

For that reason, I avoid tracts and programs for witnessing like the plague.

"...Go and be nothing less than you
'Cause you begin in Him
He'll show you what you need to know to
Go and be every single day
Go and be..." - Audio Adrenaline

Upvote 0

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
One of the greatest resources you can offer someone is your friendship. I enjoy using a NKJV Bible, $20 and a shared meal to make a new friend. As Mark was saying, our lives serve as testimony to Christ. We should live our lives without hypocrisy, yes, but we should also live realistically and admit when we do trip up. Being a friend who loves as Christ loves will win souls to Christ, because we don't treat them as a "tick mark" on a quota sheet or as a project to be completed.

For that reason, I avoid tracts and programs for witnessing like the plague.

"...Go and be nothing less than you
'Cause you begin in Him
He'll show you what you need to know to
Go and be every single day
Go and be..." - Audio Adrenaline

Salvation is about life and death. Would you want your doctor to take the same approach with someone who has cancer? Build a relationship with them and be their friend? No! You would want him to give them the truth of their condition.

How are men saved? Not by relationships. Not by friendships. But by the gospel.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Good tracts have the gospel printed on them and open up a conversation to share the gospel with them by using your mouth. At least you're giving them a bible.

Upvote 0

Deacon Jim

Mar 17, 2010
Southeast
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best is yourself, a one on one witnessing does the best. You can go ahead and ask the person if they want to get saved, you can show them why they need saving by showing them how they are lost. However when I can't go one on one, I leave chick tracts at places I go, gas stations, restaurants, dr office, hospitals, etc...

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

Salvation is about life and death. Would you want your doctor to take the same approach with someone who has cancer? Build a relationship with them and be their friend? No! You would want him to give them the truth of their condition.

How are men saved? Not by relationships. Not by friendships. But by the gospel.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Good tracts have the gospel printed on them and open up a conversation to share the gospel with them by using your mouth. At least you're giving them a bible.

Solid foundations take time to build, and aren't achieved by "drive-by witnessing". I agree that salvation is necessary and the Gospel is the way to salvation, but what good is it to give someone the Gospel and then leave them be? Many will walk away from it, rather than be encouraged toward it.

Talking to someone about the Gospel, having them say a prayer, and then never seeing them again is ineffective.

Upvote 0

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
but what good is it to give someone the Gospel and then leave them be? Many will walk away from it, rather than be encouraged toward it.

Talking to someone about the Gospel, having them say a prayer, and then never seeing them again is ineffective.

My dear brother, thus is exactly what Philip did with the eunuch in
Matthew 8:27-40. He gave him the gospel and then was taken away.

And I agree about having them say a prayer being ineffective, even unbiblical. It's not found anywhere in scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The best is yourself, a one on one witnessing does the best. You can go ahead and ask the person if they want to get saved, you can show them why they need saving by showing them how they are lost. However when I can't go one on one, I leave chick tracts at places I go, gas stations, restaurants, dr office, hospitals, etc...

Amen!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Deacon Jim

Mar 17, 2010
Southeast
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those that do not think tracts are effective, here is an awesome true story on the use of tracts. Some may have already heard this, it is a great encouragement! I got off at George St about Mr. Frank Jenner (sometimes spelled Genor).

Thanks for sharing that! We don't have to be elaborate or sophisticated in our witnessing, just ask people about their soul and Jesus. Amen.

I also like your signature, I might steal that.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In "How to work for Christ" there is a great quote by R.A. Torrey roughy paraphased from memory "A Christian must carry a good selection of tracks, note I say not collection as he must pass these out, make sure they are tracks you agree with the message of..." and he says to leave them on the train, leave them anywhere another will get it and be able to read it, be ready to hand it out to anyone.

I keep the Way of the Master 1Mill's in my backpack as that bag comes with me everywhere but church(I have an old WWII napsack I picked up at the flea market that I carry my bible in), even at church never assume that all present are saved, even amongst the "members" it is easy to make a profession without understanding sin, sorrow, repentance, forgiveness and faith. At Christmas time, I use the "Naughty or Nice" Santa tracks from Hearts for the Lost.

As for the website category I have linked people to the good person test.
I will have to look over the whole list some more and post more replies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCViking

Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In "How to work for Christ" there is a great quote by R.A. Torrey roughy paraphased from memory "A Christian must carry a good selection of tracks, note I say not collection as he must pass these out, make sure they are tracks you agree with the message of..." and he says to leave them on the train, leave them anywhere another will get it and be able to read it, be ready to hand it out to anyone.

I keep the Way of the Master 1Mill's in my backpack as that bag comes with me everywhere but church(I have an old WWII napsack I picked up at the flea market that I carry my bible in), even at church never assume that all present are saved, even amongst the "members" it is easy to make a profession without understanding sin, sorrow, repentance, forgiveness and faith. At Christmas time, I use the "Naughty or Nice" Santa tracks from Hearts for the Lost.

As for the website category I have linked people to the good person test.
I will have to look over the whole list some more and post more replies.

:amen:

Upvote 0