San Antonio
✟20,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! I have been thinking that I would love to help people around me learn about The Truth Jesus speaks of and so, because of the world that we live in today and so many people being present in social media, I wonder if it would be okay to share what Jesus says and posting it in my social media for others that may be lukewarm or non-believers to possibly consider Him better!

What I've been concerned about among many things has been: under what circumstances or what guidelines should I consider when sharing the Gospel on social media, if that is okay. Lately, I've been wondering about many factors in my personal life, one that comes to mind is, how should I dress or present myself when reading The Bible. Lately, I have felt somewhat of guilt in possibly presenting nakedness for The Bible's standards when reading it, such as if I read it wearing shorts. I looked at certain Bible verses regarding clothing and came to the conclusion that it is important. So when I read The Bible, I try to cover my legs and upper body sometimes. I also do this when I pray. I wonder if whenever someone may stumble upon my Instagram story, and it may show a Bible verse, I may be at fault for presenting to the person reading it without them being ready or while they are in a situation where they may not be dressed appropiately, or doing an unappropiate act or maybe they are not in an appropriate mindset regarding Jesus, so I worry I won't be able to see who is behind the screen and on maybe not being considerate enough about their possible ignorance or ignorant reactions because I can't see them and guide them. I wonder I may be at fault for factors like this while trying to Evangelize through social media, in this case specifically as it would be consisting of many people I cannot see and that may not know a lot about Christianity or may resent it.

So, #1: I wonder if I should give like a heads up beforehand like "be watchful of your mindset and appropriate presentation". I also want to be loving about it and approachable... Also, considering people just scroll on stories and posts so fast, giving a heads up like that may not be as helpful for that context. Should I just post videos of other people sharing The Gospel and maybe just cover the post so people can consent to watching it if they click on it while at the same time being advised on showing discretion in a certain way towards Christianity?
Should I just stick to in-person Evangelism? I think social media is where a lot of people are at and thanks to it, I put a lot of effort back into my Faith, due to videos of people sharing their testimony and sharing The Gospel, which made me recognize Jesus much much better!

I want to know what the Bible may advice regarding this type of situation. Please let me know, as well as of your personal opinion or feedback! Thank you for your help and time!

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Modesty is taken as a given in the Bible (1 Corinthians 12:22-25 for example) but I do not know that it is actually commanded.

Here are some things to think about.

Is the attire meant to be seductive?
Could the attire cause someone to stumble within reasonable expectations?
Can you do something to prevent someone from temptation within reasonable expectations?

The question is what is reasonable, not necessarily preventing all possible temptations as that would be impossible.

I don't have a problem with a woman showing her arms/shoulders, but I think all too often women show off their legs too much and leave little to the imagination (yoga pants for example).

I think discretion is wise, but it's not like women need to be like women in Islam and cover absolutely everything from head to toe.

And yes! Totally do online Evangelism! There are a lot of people that don't have a church and you may be the only Bible-believing person they are in contact with!

As an aside, I see far too many Christians on social media who are quite aggressive and uncharitable and this is a huge problem IMO. Even on this site people are constantly fighting and thinking the worst of the other person. This is not being salt and light of the world. As Christians, we need to love everyone especially other Christians (John 13:34-35).

Upvote 0

Sofiahh

Aug 19, 2022
San Antonio
✟20,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! I have been thinking that I would love to help people around me learn about The Truth Jesus speaks of and so, because of the world that we live in today and so many people being present in social media, I wonder if it would be okay to share what Jesus says and posting it in my social media for others that may be lukewarm or non-believers to possibly consider Him better!

What I've been concerned about among many things has been: under what circumstances or what guidelines should I consider when sharing the Gospel on social media, if that is okay. Lately, I've been wondering about many factors in my personal life, one that comes to mind is, how should I dress or present myself when reading The Bible. Lately, I have felt somewhat of guilt in possibly presenting nakedness for The Bible's standards when reading it, such as if I read it wearing shorts. I looked at certain Bible verses regarding clothing and came to the conclusion that it is important. So when I read The Bible, I try to cover my legs and upper body sometimes. I also do this when I pray. I wonder if whenever someone may stumble upon my Instagram story, and it may show a Bible verse, I may be at fault for presenting to the person reading it without them being ready or while they are in a situation where they may not be dressed appropiately, or doing an unappropiate act or maybe they are not in an appropriate mindset regarding Jesus, so I worry I won't be able to see who is behind the screen and on maybe not being considerate enough about their possible ignorance or ignorant reactions because I can't see them and guide them. I wonder I may be at fault for factors like this while trying to Evangelize through social media, in this case specifically as it would be consisting of many people I cannot see and that may not know a lot about Christianity or may resent it.

So, #1: I wonder if I should give like a heads up beforehand like "be watchful of your mindset and appropriate presentation". I also want to be loving about it and approachable... Also, considering people just scroll on stories and posts so fast, giving a heads up like that may not be as helpful for that context. Should I just post videos of other people sharing The Gospel and maybe just cover the post so people can consent to watching it if they click on it while at the same time being advised on showing discretion in a certain way towards Christianity?
Should I just stick to in-person Evangelism? I think social media is where a lot of people are at and thanks to it, I put a lot of effort back into my Faith, due to videos of people sharing their testimony and sharing The Gospel, which made me recognize Jesus much much better!

I want to know what the Bible may advice regarding this type of situation. Please let me know, as well as of your personal opinion or feedback! Thank you for your help and time!
Posted this without realizing! Here is the updated thread I meant to post! :)) Help with Evangelism through social media -- (what may be some Biblical guidelines?)

Upvote 0