Married happily to my nupreacher
Nov 21, 2010
Oklahoma
✟16,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my husband and I have been struggling financially.
and he is a contractor and fixes computers. but at the moment no jobs for him. please pray he will have more work.

pray also that we will have the funds to catch up on the rent.
and that the late fee of the rent will be waved.
also we are believing for a certain amount by faith, and we confess it
everyday. like this pastor did. and once you do this. it does come to
pass but you must convince yourself.
pray that work will come for my husband and that funds will come
basically our way so I can start my craft business soon.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,139.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
my husband and I have been struggling financially.
and he is a contractor and fixes computers. but at the moment no jobs for him. please pray he will have more work.

pray also that we will have the funds to catch up on the rent.
and that the late fee of the rent will be waved.
also we are believing for a certain amount by faith, and we confess it
everyday. like this pastor did. and once you do this. it does come to
pass but you must convince yourself.
pray that work will come for my husband and that funds will come
basically our way so I can start my craft business soon.

Praying for you to get guidance in regard to finances and that things will work out well for you. "You must convince yourself" is not really in the Bible. Abba is not a gum machine dispensing whatever we want if we just believe it hard enough.

He is very gracious and will indeed help us, though it is "by prayer and supplication" and more and more righteous living as He transforms us more and more. "The prayers of a righteous man avail much" - but since none of us is totally righteous, that's why we need His mercy not only for our worldly, but spiritual, needs, not some kind of act of convincing ourselves that we will get anything we want if we just believe hard enough.

That kind of thinking puts the burden on you. Also, if you don't get what you want then the Pastor is off the hook and can say, "Well, too bad I guess you didn't convince yourself enough."

No, "Cast your burden on the Lord."

Praying you will turn it totally over to Him.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying for you to get guidance in regard to finances and that things will work out well for you. "You must convince yourself" is not really in the Bible. Abba is not a gum machine dispensing whatever we want if we just believe it hard enough.

He is very gracious and will indeed help us, though it is "by prayer and supplication" and more and more righteous living as He transforms us more and more. "The prayers of a righteous man avail much" - but since none of us is totally righteous, that's why we need His mercy not only for our worldly, but spiritual, needs, not some kind of act of convincing ourselves that we will get anything we want if we just believe hard enough.

That kind of thinking puts the burden on you. Also, if you don't get what you want then the Pastor is off the hook and can say, "Well, too bad I guess you didn't convince yourself enough."

Amen. Praying in agreement.

Upvote 0

Godchaser_70

Married happily to my nupreacher
Nov 21, 2010
Oklahoma
✟16,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't think your understanding faith on what I am speaking about.
1 john 1:9 if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

about the money we are believing for. it is in the bible to convince yourself. and when I say that I mean your soul. remember the parable of the unjust judge. alot of people think that the judge is god, but it's not God
cause God is not unjust. the unjust judge is our own soul. that's why we need to convince ourselves that
something is true. and that's why it also says to hold fast to your confession of faith,without wavering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Samuel 7:28-29
And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:

Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord GOD, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Hi godchaser, so... if you believe it, you will achieve it? I'm not familiar with that brand of faith, dear, but I've heard about it. I'm presuming that what you're referring to is "name it and claim it," or "word of faith," or "prosperity gospel," please correct me if I'm wrong. My question to you is this. Is it scriptural? The scripture on faith that comes to mind is as follows:

"And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." Luke 17:6

The Word will direct believers in all Truth, and materialism is diametrically opposed to the Word. For you cannot serve God and mammon.

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17

I pray that the Lord's will be done with regard to your finances, blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2 Samuel 7:28-29
And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:

Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord GOD, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Hi godchaser, so... if you believe it, you will achieve it? I'm not familiar with that brand of faith, dear, but I've heard about it. I'm presuming that what you're referring to is "name it and claim it," or "word of faith," or "prosperity gospel," please correct me if I'm wrong. My question to you is this. Is it scriptural? The scripture on faith that comes to mind is as follows:

"And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." Luke 17:6

The Word will direct believers in all Truth, and materialism is diametrically opposed to the Word. For you cannot serve God and mammon.

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17

I pray that the Lord's will be done with regard to your finances, blessings!

Praying in agreement, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, Amen.

May God be glorified in all things. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Praying for provision, good job opportunities, your craft business and comfort in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord!

Praying in agreement with this and other loving prayers for you and hubby. In Jesus name may God's will be done in all areas of your life and may you give him the glory. Praise be to God for joining us in prayer and for all of his blessings, Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.