• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

kat para

Nov 30, 2016
minnesota
✟7,736.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
It's been two months since one of my best friends in the world died.. he died really suddenly... tomorrow is his birthday.. i don't think i can deal with this anymore... i seriously don't know how to go on...
Neither of us are religious so please don't just tell me that he's in a better place now or something.... I don't really believe in heaven and hell and judging by what I've read on here most of you wouldn't think either of us are going to heaven anyways.

But I don't know where to go anymore and I'm looking for advice from anywhere.

How do i deal with this... I'm not getting any better.. I only feel emptiness or sadness anymore and I really want to be carefree and happy again..

Please help me, I'm so sad and numb... I can hardly ever cry anymore..

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neither of us are religious so please don't just tell me that he's in a better place now or something.... I don't really believe in heaven and hell and judging by what I've read on here most of you wouldn't think either of us are going to heaven anyways.

That kinda handicaps us though :)

All I guess I can say is God will be fair, more fair than any human judge or group of judges as He knows our hearts...

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't really believe in heaven and hell
But you believe in hope! Hope that you can again be happy. Seeing this incredible pain is only testament to your level of sensitivity created by the One who brought us all into being fully equipped with things such as - hope.

So you don’t believe in some other things, well to a smaller degree, there is likely many things not received by many who believe on our caring Lord. But dear one, that “care” I am talking about goes the distance. It was there for me in my hour of suicidal options, so dark, so pressed in I could not escape, the hope forges on requesting hard-fought patience.

Possibly, you are thinking, ‘I don’t measure up to deserve it.’ Welcome to our world, nobody does. We are here by the mercy of our loving heavenly Father, so set aside those speculations of loss of performance and give those to His care as well, He lives as well as cares and is ready to forgive us of all sins. You may not even believe in prayer, but do me a favor, and just ask Him to.

This is essential to lifting this terrible load you are under. If it’s true, this hope is based on Jesus Christ and your relationship with Him, we now can move onto targeting our road to healing. So if you don’t believe the rest of what you see here, do these simple steps, it is the most helpful forms of remedy, and His word is also proven true, many times over, ,

“Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)​

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been two months since one of my best friends in the world died.. he died really suddenly... tomorrow is his birthday.. i don't think i can deal with this anymore... i seriously don't know how to go on...

How do i deal with this... I'm not getting any better.. I only feel emptiness or sadness anymore and I really want to be carefree and happy again..

Therapist here, but don't take this as therapy.

Grief is best approached cathartically, which is best done through the emotion coaching of a good therapist, and exposing yourself to all the things that remind you of your friend (shared places, songs, notes, etc.), which will bring up the emotions that your body is waiting to release.

This is a process that takes time. Basically, though, the worst thing you can do is avoid experiencing and processing these emotions, as is a natural first inclination for people who are grieving. You don't want to jump in too hard, of course, and you can take things gradually. The important thing is you continue to expose and process.

If you do find that it's incredibly difficult to expose yourself to these feelings and reminders of your friend, I'd highly recommend going to a therapist to resolve possible complicated grief issues. Grief can become complicated if, for example, you have "unfinished business" with a person who passed (e.g., never properly said goodbye, have hurtful things you're carrying around that they planted there in the past, having an enmeshed or inappropriate boundary relationship with this person, etc.).

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi. I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal but through it all, there's a purpose and God is in control and wants the best for you.

I know that sounds strange but God will allow certain things to happen in people's life till He finally gets their attention. It's really unfortunate but many people don't finally turn to God till they've come to the end of themselves and have nothing left in life to look for and will do anything to relieve themselves of the pain.

14726435_364449520565632_825138439618822144_n.jpg

This is where God comes in to rescue you. He wants you to turn to His Son Jesus.

0ed38488630e8d26bfd36268b93da4c0.jpg

When you turn to Jesus and follow Him with your heart, He gives you peace. Seek to do His commandments and you will receive joy and peace that even the problems of this world cannot overcome.

John 15:10-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
10 I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you. 11 I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy.

John 14:27 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
“I leave you peace. It is my own peace I give you. I give you peace in a different way than the world does. So don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid.

You can turn to Jesus for help by reciting the Sinner's Prayer.

http://salvationprayer.info/home/salvation/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

His field is plenty but workers are a few (Matt 9:35-38). Jesus also prayed to the Father that you should not be taken away from this WORLD. (John 17:15,20) But kept away from evil. He has a plan for you here in this world. Your friend if a believer is in heaven. Your friend by now would understand very well that you should be in this world to make him complete ( Heb 11:40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.)

Get involve with a local church near your place. Ask God to guide you in His field. All things will be bright and happy.

God bless

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
please don't just tell me that he's in a better place now or something....
I don't think we need to be wishful; that can keep us weak; instead, we can be strong enough to know the truth and creative to do what is good about it :)

And the Creator of what love can do, in any situation, is Jesus; so we do this only with Him.

I only feel emptiness or sadness anymore and I really want to be carefree and happy again..
Well, while you were carefree and happy like you were, you were able to become the way you are now. So, I offer that we all need how Jesus can have us become strong and creative, so we can stay strong in love and not be so easily able to fall into desolate and awful stuff. God's love makes us strong, and we can creatively help others who are suffering.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It has been a month since you posted, I am not sure if you will get a notification in your email or not, when someone replies to your thread, but if you do, I am wondering how you are doing now? I have lost one person to death so far in my life, and that wound in my heart took several years to heal. So I personally don't think there is much to say to someone, who has lost someone in this way, as far making things somehow better, but I am wondering how you are now.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi. I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal but through it all, there's a purpose and God is in control and wants the best for you.

I know that sounds strange but God will allow certain things to happen in people's life till He finally gets their attention. It's really unfortunate but many people don't finally turn to God till they've come to the end of themselves and have nothing left in life to look for and will do anything to relieve themselves of the pain.

14726435_364449520565632_825138439618822144_n.jpg

This is where God comes in to rescue you. He wants you to turn to His Son Jesus.

0ed38488630e8d26bfd36268b93da4c0.jpg

When you turn to Jesus and follow Him with your heart, He gives you peace. Seek to do His commandments and you will receive joy and peace that even the problems of this world cannot overcome.

John 15:10-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
10 I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you. 11 I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy.

John 14:27 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
“I leave you peace. It is my own peace I give you. I give you peace in a different way than the world does. So don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid.

You can turn to Jesus for help by reciting the Sinner's Prayer.

PRAYER OF SALVATION | Salvation Prayer

This is so true it took alot for God to get my attention..but now I'm here :)

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusIsMyTicket

Mar 8, 2017
Idaho
✟19,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well...I am certainly not here to just say he is in a better place. Not due to a non-religious thing, I just know when my oldest brother passed away it did not console me, I still wanted him with us.

The cliche statement of "time heals" is a very true thing...the thing is...
Don't expect it to go away. It isn't going to.
You, years from now, may be grieving the loss of your friend. Memories may stir up thoughts again.

The reality is, they live on through people like you who loved them so much. Don't be afraid to appreciate their life and still care about them. as time passes, it grows less painful. Try to cling to the happy memories.

If you ever need someone to just vent to, my inbox is open as well. It is important to be able to open up to someone, even a therapist maybe. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Hi beloved,

Have you considered the reason why you are so down and out maybe due to the fact that you don't believe in the Lord and savior Yeshua (Jesus Christ)?? For if one believes that there is a reward for the believers then his hope is not cut off. And if one doesn't believe they cut themselves off from the promises, the gifts, the blessings, and much much more. I used to be depressed and glory be to God I was drawn back into his word and church. I know that there is life after death, and that once I die, I will go to be with the Lord. This is why the righteous labor in faith. Pray to God. Tell Him Yahweh, I know that I can not save myself, and I believe that you are. Please forgive me for my sins. I accept Yeshua has my savior, and accept the holy spirit. Come and live within me.

After this read the word from time to time, find a church, and continue to pray and God will lead you and you will be filled with NEW life.

Glory be to Yahweh

Upvote 0