angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of our struggle is that we don't realize God has a very different perspective than we do. He is infinite and we are finite. We aren't going to understand everything He does. Our minds aren't capable of getting it. I find that when things get like that it is enough to remember that God is good and that he has his own reasons for what he does. You just have to let go and give it to God and let God deal with them
I have the option of reporting the lawyer to the ethics committee. I'm uncertain whether to do it or not. He committed blatant perjury a number of times and vilified me in his brief. My ex-family are so screwed up that the executrix sister got my brother to lie - his head is screwed up from drugs and she easily manipulated him. Would you report the lawyer or let it go? That's where I have a problem; do WE take action or step back and let God do it? I've struggled with this concept awhile. When do we take action and when do we let it go and let God handle it?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only time a Christian is told to lay down and be a doormat is when another Christian sinns against them and then aplogises for sinning , only to do so again and again and again.

An injustice has been done against you and you have the right to take action about it so do so.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only time a Christian is told to lay down and be a doormat is when another Christian sinns against them and then aplogises for sinning , only to do so again and again and again.

An injustice has been done against you and you have the right to take action about it so do so.
That's where Christianity gets so confusing. How do you know when to turn the other cheek and when to take action?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's where Christianity gets so confusing. How do you know when to turn the other cheek and when to take action?
I would suggest if it is personal action against you then one turns the other check, but this is not just personal action against you, it involves distorting the law by one who should uphold the law and corupting the wishes of another person.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest if it is personal action against you then one turns the other check, but this is not just personal action against you, it involves distorting the law by one who should uphold the law and corupting the wishes of another person.
Thanks. It's a tricky call. They distorted the law - but that seems endemic today. It's to the point where we're almost conditioned to not accept justice. Justice would call for that lawyer to be sanctioned.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. It's a tricky call. They distorted the law - but that seems endemic today. It's to the point where we're almost conditioned to not accept justice. Justice would call for that lawyer to be sanctioned.
Give it a try, report him etc.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have the option of reporting the lawyer to the ethics committee. I'm uncertain whether to do it or not. He committed blatant perjury a number of times and vilified me in his brief. My ex-family are so screwed up that the executrix sister got my brother to lie - his head is screwed up from drugs and she easily manipulated him. Would you report the lawyer or let it go? That's where I have a problem; do WE take action or step back and let God do it? I've struggled with this concept awhile. When do we take action and when do we let it go and let God handle it?

If it is likely that this lawyer will and has hurt others then you have a duty to report him or her. This person needs to be held accountable for their actions. An ethics board is exactly the right place for that

Upvote 0

Boogaloo

Aug 10, 2017
Boston
✟18,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have endured many attacks throughout my Christian walk and now I'm facing another. I have severe disabilities from a medical injury and live with daily pain; although I am greatly blessed with a good husband and healthy adult children and grandson. I am facing a serious situation where my unsaved sister along with her corrupt lawyer have tried to steal some money left to me by my father, as she is Executrix. It has gone on for 7 long months and is due to go to court Dec. 6th. I received the lawyers brief and it was so packed with lies I couldn't read it right away - my husband & I couldn't sleep. I don't have a lot of money to hire a lawyer and have to represent myself but am now wondering if I should spend the money for a lawyer. My sister got angry and threatened to keep money my father left me because I told her to stop harassing my children. She used my father's estate money as her own to harass me with. She hired a lawyer who attempted to intimidate, trick, and strong arm me into signing their corrupt document. I refused as a lawyer told me they aren't allowed to alter a will.

When that wouldn't work my mentally ill sister harassed my children and daughter in law by text, email, and FB trying to turn them against me. I put up with their abuse for 7 months. I finally filed a complaint with the court and we are scheduled to go on the 6th.

My husband didn't want to spend money on a lawyer but I'm re-thinking it because that corrupt lawyer is trying to get me to pay his legal fees when he broke the law by threatening me. I'm concerned the system is corrupt and the judge may not be honest and I'm wondering if I should hire a lawyer. Can anyone offer me any advice?
Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is likely that this lawyer will and has hurt others then you have a duty to report him or her. This person needs to be held accountable for their actions. An ethics board is exactly the right place for that
Yes I asked the judge to not allow him to collect any money from the estate and she told me to file an ethics complaint - right in front of the lawyer. My husband gets angry because he doesn't want to waste time on it - but he always wants to avoid problems and sometimes that isn't the best thing to do. I understand not spending inordinate amounts of time but you can't let people do whatever they want. It's very hard to figure out. He and I have very different ways of handling things. A friend who is a Christian is the best person I've known but she and her husband don't take an active role in anything and think God will do it all. I've struggled to know what God expects of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
That isn't a practical scripture and I'm unsure where it fits. We have to live in this world and we need money to do it. Its foolhardy to think God expects us to roll over and allow people to take money an individual left for you.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you want advice. You call this a "serious issue" and I am surprised people that only hear one side are giving it to you. I believe you see this and can understand why this would bother me.

Your not alone. God has not left you. He left heaven for you. So.. He in this moment WILL help. So if it was me.. and I would be asking my wife ..lets find what the WORD says.. and lets bring this before the Father.. as a prayer.. as a petition. For our Father said it two of us agree as touching/agreeing.. HE will do it. Our Father also said.. if we KNOW He hears us then we KNOW we HAVE the prayer/petition we asked for.

I can't speak for or about ANYONE you know. But.. for HIM.. our Father of our lord JESUS CHRIST.. He ALWAYS tells the truth can not lie. And if HE is and HE IS for you.. He is NOT against you. And what HE started HE WILL FINISH! This is not just.. hoping.. not just being nice. This is TRUTH and your GOD is your DADDY... just BELIEVE..shhh just believe

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you want advice. You call this a "serious issue" and I am surprised people that only hear one side are giving it to you. I believe you see this and can understand why this would bother me.

Your not alone. God has not left you. He left heaven for you. So.. He in this moment WILL help. So if it was me.. and I would be asking my wife ..lets find what the WORD says.. and lets bring this before the Father.. as a prayer.. as a petition. For our Father said it two of us agree as touching/agreeing.. HE will do it. Our Father also said.. if we KNOW He hears us then we KNOW we HAVE the prayer/petition we asked for.

I can't speak for or about ANYONE you know. But.. for HIM.. our Father of our lord JESUS CHRIST.. He ALWAYS tells the truth can not lie. And if HE is and HE IS for you.. He is NOT against you. And what HE started HE WILL FINISH! This is not just.. hoping.. not just being nice. This is TRUTH and your GOD is your DADDY... just BELIEVE..shhh just believe
I did pray but couldn't see my way clear to what God wanted. There are oppositional scripture verses of "turn the other cheek" and "be as wise as the serpent" so it's very difficult to find one's way at times, which is why it's good to see how other believers interpret Scripture in various issues we face - and I am thankful for everyones response. "In a multitude of counselors there is safety." I was facing a lying lawyers and a lying Executrix who then got our brother to lie. She was trying to take money my father left for me - to harm me and enrich herself because the less I got the more she got - and the more the brother got. So it was a serious issue. It's money I can use to send my grandson to private school. The bottom line is that it's against the law I learned, to alter a legal will and that's just what the Executrix and her lying lawyer did. He belongs to one of the most prominent law firms in our area.

I have been a believer for a long time and it's not been my experience that issues are as cut and dry as "just ask God." Unless I'm off spiritually somewhere - which is possible, but I don't know. I seek God diligently.

God did allow me to win. When we went to court the judge graciously told me she read everything we sent and told me she believes me and I thanked her. The corrupt lawyer stood up to speak and the judge snapped at him and refused to let him speak. He was made a fool of in front of the courtroom. So in that respect, God did help me win. The lawyer thought he was slick and was going to break the law and talk his way out of it. He even got my brain-damaged brother to lie but the judge saw through it. The problem I am struggling with is whether I should report him to the ethics board or "let God handle it." I tend to be a doer because I don't like seeing Christians sit back and not act when they see injustice or blatant wrongs. I think that's dangerous theology. But I'm still working my way through what God wants us to do.

Upvote 0